Old 10-24-2011, 11:36 AM   #16  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

At the risk of annoying others posting three in a row....(LOL)

I went to the gym! And the new cardio equipment I was trying to describe was a SEATED ELLIPTICAL. OMG it was so awesome. I felt everything I was supposed to feel on that thing. Google Octane fitness and seated ellipticals and check that bad boy out.

Today's workout:
1 mile on treadmill (20 min, 3.0)
3 sets of 10 bicep curls 10 lb weights
3 sets of 10 overhead shoulder press 5 lbs
3 sets of 10 rows 10 lb
3 sets of 15 chest press 10 lbs
ab work
20 min 4 miles on the above seated elliptical

Not too shabby. Shower then hit up my AA meeting at 1. Have a great day you guys. I saw a sig I liked today, "If you don't like your body, its probably not real happy with you either!"
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:41 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies -

I'll catch up on personals soon but I'm still here. Having layoffs at work so it's been a bit stressful but I had my meeting with my manager today and I'm happy to say that my job is safe (insert sigh of relief here). Weight is holding steady around 176 so I'm happy with that, still nursing and pumping at work and hoping to keep it up for a while. Hope everyone's doing great - trying to get on here more often and stay accountable!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Grr, dinner got cancelled, so will be redoing that in a week or 2!

Glad to see everyone here!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #19  

Michelle, I am going to have to try the steel cut outs. Maybe this weekend. So happy for you getting back on track and to the gym. I need to take your example. Today!

W 100 oz, no excuses
E Dreadmill and crunches
E POP
D Starting today, find one thing every day that is good in life and and write it down. Also get back to 150 by the end of the month so I can start moving down again.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #20  

My food was great yesterday, did not exercise, but, one step at a time was good! Usually, I do ok with exercise and suck at food. At some point, I will get both going! ♥

Work has been awful. Routinely working 12 hours a day, every day. When you work a 2nd job like I do, it's crazy. Can't continue like that.

W 100
E Try to get some
E OP
D day 2 counting my blessings
Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #21  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Did Jillians kickboxing yesterday and then came home and made a pot of chili. Yummy!!! I had one moderate bowl and that was it. Still 180 today. Just cant seem to budge.
This summer the whole Medical Weight Loss thing was not too successful. I did lose 10 pounds but that was only the weight I had gained since I started dating hubbie and getting married. I am now back to my "normal" and cant seem to get it moving. Something drastic has to happen. WHAT???

Yesterday was a horrid day. I have 2 students making my life miserable. I was in tears. Plus I have a cold and feel like crap. today has got to be a better day.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Le sigh
Been getting in at least 50 oz of water a day but not hitting the 80 like I need to. Most of my focus has gone to the longer runs at the end of the C25K program and trying to keep my after work eating under control.

W- 60 oz today
E- W7D2 C25K Done 2.2 miles in 25 min
E- Stay in my calorie range
D- Every calorie counts

Glad to see everybody still here and working hard.
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #23  

Doing ok with food, still no exercise, but will get back there. Thinking of buying a 10 class pass to the gym here that offers Les Mills classes, to see if I get there enough to justify a membership. Used to take & love Body Pump. I am not good with weight training otherwise. Hmm, maybe

W 100oz
E Something, crunches definitely. Weather man says I may have to shovel a bit of the white stuff. Ick
E POP
D Focus on the positives
Old 10-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #24  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello from work ladies! I am so PROUD to report to you all that I AM STILL DOING IT. I have literally, not passed one bad thing through these lips since last Friday! AND I FEEL GREAT. I really do! I have energy, I feel happy! I don't feel sluggish after lunchtime anymore. I am eating just really, really clean. Not even Lean Cuisine, etc. I am steaming fish and veggies almost every day, grilling batches of chicken for salads/meals, lots of raw veggies and for fruits sticking to berries and low glycemic fruits. The steel cut oats and lots of salads. Real salads from home, no store bought or fast food salads. AND the gym every day except it is closed Sundays, but remember I walked on the trail, and Wednesday I worked 8a-8p with the hr drive home the gym closes at 9....but my day was ALL crazy and I felt like work was a workout itself. Literally.

*****Several hours passed....realized I was typing this and didn't send...

They are providing us with hot dogs and chili with various chips/cheesies. It smelled pretty goooooood....but I RESISTED!!!! I steamed my fish and had my salad, made some decaf lemon tea and water. My snacks for this afternoon will be cuccumber/carrots and dry roasted edamame (taste like nuts!) (breakfast was my steel cut oats with strawberries and a breakfast quesadilla by smartones, I knew it would be a long time before lunch so I proteined up)

I'm here til 5 or 5:30 and heading for the gym when I get home.

Tomorrow I am worried.....my dad called me the other night and told me he is having a heart cath Friday morning. Family history of heart problems. I guess I'm worried but he said the doctor told him it was probably something that can be angioplasty-ed. And I'm a nurse so I should know that, but when its your family member all that medical knowledge goes out the window.

Prayers for my dad. Love you all xo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #25  

Michelle- Way to go on sticking to good food choices! Hope your Dad is well.

W- 60 oz
E- Today is a rest day
E- On plan
D- Getting to bed early so I can get up early for my run.

I think I'm at a plateau. Ugh. I've been doing roughly the same routine running and weight lifting wise for a couple weeks now and I think I've gotten used to it. I don't have a gym membership so I've been working with what I have. Hmm...perhaps I should throw on a few more layers and get on my bike before it starts snowing.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #26  

Prayers for your Dad, Michelle!

Rock on, girl! Your doing great!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #27  

Thin, we were posting at the same time...if you were here, we could go biking,hiking,snowshoeing together. Yep,snow. Boo!

W 100
E Crunch
E OP
D Positive thoughts!

Michelle, hope your Dad is well!
Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #28  

Snowshoeing *shivers* I've been there. I seem to have horrible flashbacks of cold and feeling like I had boat feet. (I was like 14 lol). I was looking at 5K runs in MI the other day and they actually have a snowshoe race! I was like wha?

W- 60 oz
E- W7D3 C25K Done! On to week 8.
E- On plan
D- *sings* "Break on through to the other side!"
Old 10-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #29  

Thin, they have snowshoe races here too. Can't say that I have ever tried one, but...right now it looks like I may go snowshoeing tomorrow. 4-8 for tonight, so we will see what it loos like in the am.

This weekend is a refocus effort for me. I have the whole weekend off, actually took it off. No real estate and no insurance. Plan to clean the horrible mess that is my upstairs walk in closet and drag my old rower, skiier to the basement so DH can join me if he wants. Then, I think the Christmas lights need to go up before tomorrows/tonights storm. NOT turned on, just hung before the weather gets worse. Also going to get my planner back out and schedule my workouts for next week. I have the food thing under control for the most part and need the exercise to join in the party.

I am at my goal of 151 for this month. Now I need to get to 146 by the end of November and to do that, I will need to work at it.

W 100 oz, do OK most weekdays, but weekends are a challenge
E Those chores I mentioned and back to the dreadmill
E POP
D Control what you can, trust God for the rest
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #30  

Mavis- Ugh! I don't want to think about snow. It rained here today. Just rained (with thunder and lightning). I refuse to acknowledge that the rain drops were larger than normal, or that they floated rather than fell, or that they left little fluffy patches of white on the ground when they landed. Nope, none of that, just rain. Good luck with the snow and while I know it is not fun, any shoveling will be an awesome workout.

Also: Way to go on reaching your Goal for the month!

W- 60 oz (made 80 last night whoo)
E- Workout video
E- On plan
D- Focus on your goals