Old 08-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

LOL MonteCristo! I can totally relate to what you are experiencing. But, it DOES get better....and don't kill yourself trying to keep up with everything on the first day for heaven's sake! Tony says "do your best and forget the rest". I started the "Lean" version and maybe you should do that too. I'm on day 67 today and I still can't do all the moves. In fact I just skip past the Drea Roll. And skipped the ones that seemed impossible at first, now I can do some of them. My push-ups are still the girlie kind on my knees and I probably will never be able to do a real pull-up. One more tip, I got it from my cousin that has finished at least 3 rounds of 90 days (she also started with lean). The YogaX is 90 minutes and a real pain if you haven't done yoga. Tony came out with a 45 minute version for people that don't want to spend that long. It is called One on One With Tony Horton Fountain of Youth Yoga.

You are going to be sore for a few days, but don't give up! It is sooo worth it. If I can do it, you can do it too
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks zogo. I am doing the lean version, and I don't "officially" start until Sept 24th. But I'm going to be practicing the workouts for the first 3 weeks between my Zumba classes. I am pretty sore today, though it isn't as bad as I thought it would be (however, I did have a recovery drink after the workout, and am on ibuprofen now, lol). I tried the Drea roll a couple of times, but my kittens are extremely fond of my yoga mat, so I almost killed myself trying not squish them when I started to roll back and realized they were sitting there! I just can't do all those stupid pushups/planks/things of that nature. I do what I can in a full pushup position, but it isn't much. I managed all the squats/bendy things, which probably explains why most of my soreness is in my butt/thighs, lol. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the workout. I usually hate working out to DVDs, as the instructors usually annoy me to no end (I wanted to kill Jillian), but I found Tony to be freakin' hilarous.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #33  
1 lb at a time!

S/C/G: 294/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

So I liked the trainer and go back Monday for measurements. Did some strengthening machines and did fine, not sore today... guess I need to up it!

So we're getting ready for Hurricane Irene.. I live in Virginia Beach... so this weekend will be interesting! Went and stocked up on fruits and veggies for provisions and am hoping to get out of work early today to get the house ready for tomorrow. Hope everyone affected stays safe!!
Slimmer Down Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 305/296/160

Height: 5'10

MonteCristo & zogo~ Y'all are making me giggle with your tales of DVD torture. Several years ago my sister and I were working out to Denise Austin, and she is always saying "Burn that Butter Ladies" talking about the fat on our rear ends...One day towards the end of a really long & hard walk/Jog...I was giving up and then my sister came chasing after me yelling "BURN THE BUTTER!! I CAN SEE THE BUTTER SIZZLE!! DONT'CHA SMELL THE BUTTER MELTING!!" I think we were both on our knees with tears from laughing so hard.

I haven't been sleeping very good. I'm up all night because my brain won't shut off and then tired and lazy all day...I REALLY need to get into a better sleep routine!!

I am fitting into the one pair of 22 shorts that I own!! I am in the running for a great job at a Cardiologist's Office. I really realllllly want the job.

I bought a spaghetti squash. Not sure when I will cook it though...Maybe Saturday? My son has asked for Raviolis for a week so that will be for dinner tonight.

Hope you all have a great day
sheshalesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #35  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

SOrry (again!) I've started this thing and then just not been on it this week, and I've got vacation next week, which is making it really difficult to get to it before I go, when I know I'll lapse while I'm away.

I'm telling myself the beginning is the best time to lag, n once I find my motivation and get into a routine I'll be all good.

Good luck as we all weigh in over the weekend, I hope those of you who are working hard / sticking to plan or whatever see the results you deserve.

This morning I was +1.25, no more than I deserve! I'll do my official weight on Sunday. We'll see!

Have a fab weekend everyone

xxx
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Who wants to take bets about whether I'll be able to get to my WW meeting tomorrow?

(In DC area, not NC, but still)

I'll be up -- I worked 90 hours this week and never worked out. At least I tracked...
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #37  

Just finished my CardioX workout. I thought it was easier than Core, but still really tough...I had to take all the optional breaks, but I managed to make it all the way through. I drank twice as much water this time, 2x20oz. I was still really sore from yesterday when I started, but the workout seemed to help. I'll probably be crippled tomorrow, lol.

Didn't do so well on the diet. I plan on starting the P90X portion diet on the 1st (when I get paid, and can afford more food, lol) so right now I'm trying make it on what I have in the house. My meals were good, but I ate a bunch of Indulgent trail mix this afternoon. I'll just pretend it was fuel for my workout.

I weigh in tomorrow morning, but I don't expect much. I usually gain 1-2lbs when I start a new workout regime, plus I'm coming up on TOM. So I'll be really happy if I can just hold even for this week.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #38  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Shanhat - Goodluck getting to your meeting. WOrking that many hours, I think we'll let you off exercising. I'm not working at the moment and still did barely anything this week, I've no excuse either!

Montecristo - well done on the cardioX, I've got P90X in my many many workout DVDs on my harddrive, can't wait until I'm fit enough to give it a go!
I hope you're not too sore this morning. I hate waking up after an amazing workout and just not being able to move. Not fun!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #39  

takingcontrol - Thanks. My life is like this until 9/6, and then I'm footloose and fancy free!!!

I did go see The Help, though, late on Wednesday ... something just for me.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #40  

Blech - up 0.4

Honestly, I expected worse.

But I promised myself I would not beat myself up for it ... it was week 1 of the three weeks of Hades for me (I have a huge work deadline 9/9). As long as I am down OVERALL these three weeks, I will cope.

I think I'm going to need to get up an hour earlier to work out, though.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 305/296/160

Height: 5'10

Red face Tried my new food...

Okay, I bought, cooked, and ate a spaghetti squash.

I am on the fence...

I ate it with leftover Meat Marinara from last night. It was sooo tasteless, I felt like I was just spooning sauce into my mouth. I will definitely have to try different ways of eating it. I still have A LOT leftover to play with different spices and herbs.

The kids LOVED IT and scarfed it up...
sheshalesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 182/158/105

Height: 4ft 11"

Have just found the Chicks up for a Challenge support group and am loving the Christmas Challenge idea.

Luckily my weigh in day is a Sunday so I have uploaded my weight from last Sunday to the weigh in thread.

I tried mange tout for the first time today which I am going to incorporate in my stir frys from now on. It was yummy. I am going to try the star jump challenge tomorrow and see how many I can do.

I am 25 years old and have gained weight steadily since starting work in an office nearly 8 years ago. I never adapted my diet to the sedentary lifestyle I now have and also used to struggle at home as my boyfriend finds it difficult to gain weight and does not eat healthily at all. He only eats junk and I was then somehow surprised that I weighed the same as him when I was eating the same. Not good.

I started calorie counting on 1st August and for once seem to have found the willpower to do it. I have managed to reduce my portion sizes and I am trying to incorporate a healthier diet (I'd like to get some cooking skills under my belt) and I want to increase my activity levels too.
lisa4621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #43  

Today was Shoulders & Arms, and I totally OWNED that workout! Upper body has always been my strong point, and I was happy to see how quickly I fell back into the groove. I started out with 5lbs weights for each exercise (the smallest I have) but had to move up to 8s by the repeat for all but 3-4 exercises! So a for me. Ab Ripper on the other hand.... That was a disaster! Some things I couldn't do at all, the the most reps I could manage on even the easier exercises was 15 (you are suppose to do 25 reps for each exercise). My back kept giving out, I couldn't manage to lift my legs, and when I tried to crunch my belly fat would get all pinched up...very embarrassing, lol. The only good thing is that I have loads of room for improvement between now and Xmas. I'm really looking forward to rocking that workout.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #44  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Hi all! I just wanna say I'm a latecomer to this challenge. I hope that is ok. A month ago, my plan was to lose 50 lbs by Christmas. (I've already lost 14 of them). So at least 36 to go. I'm making my goal for this challenge 40 lbs! I'm going back to read the whole thread now. Just saying thanks for letting me join!

Jackie
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 193/153.4/145

Height: 5'6" Low Carb WOE

Jackie, Glad you stepped up to the challenge!

For my new item this week, I bought a Jicama. Haven't peeled it yet, but I looked up the carb content and I think it is rather safe for me.

MonteCristo, you are doing great on the p90x. I remember my first week, I was so sore, I had trouble sitting down. I'd go into the bathroom and yell "Ow" when I had to sit on the potty. My husband would say "are you ok in there?" Fortunately, it has gotten much better. My favorite is Kenpo X.''
zogo is offline   Reply With Quote