L: Subway Ham Sub, Pringles Baked Wheat Stix, WW Mini bar
S: Popcorn, orange, banana
D: Chick-fil-A grilled chicken sandwich, Small Ice Dream
Exercise: Mall walk
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

I'm back to make a public weekend plan. I also have to go back and post what I'm going to do for exercise this week. I'm having another hungry afternoon but, it's just "in my head". I ate a very filling 5 oz chicken and a whole small zuchinni!

Sat:
B~egg sammich 5, coffee w/sf creamer 1
Sn~yogurt w/strawberries 4
K~southwest salad 11, diet coke
D~serving at a reception...not sure what they're having but I it's Italian so...probably rich, creamy something. I'll do my best!

Sun:
B~yogurt, straw 4, sf coffee 1
L~turkey club (ww bun 4, turkey 3, lettuce, tomato, mayo 1.5, bacon 1.5) 10, veggies for a side
Sn~fruit
D~tuna casserole 14 pts, lg salad w/ff dressing 2
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #48  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post
I went to a yoga class yesterday and it kicked my butt. Then the instructor called for "Triangle". Anyone here familiar with that? It is where you are on your HEAD with your legs straight in the air. Yup. I was sufficiently impressed when several people did it and I am totally looking forward to the day when I can do that. I suspect it will be a while because I weight WAY to much to hoist the rest of me in the air like that currently. >_<
Hey Sugar, I've taken a bunch of yoga classes so I know what you're talking about - I also know that the move you described isn't the triangle! Like Penguin said, the headstands are definitely for the advanced...which I am not. Right there with you on the body weight issue! You will get to do your headstand one day though - and I want to see the pics when you do. In the meantime, the triangle pose can be done much easier and with modification if you need it. The triangle pose is one of my favorite poses actually - it stretches the spine, improves balance and focus, and opens up the torso.

Aww... now I miss my yoga classes! I always feel super centered after a good class. It's also a great alternative to brownies when I'm stressed...

But Sugar, congratulations on your progress, setting your goals, your exercise plan and sticking your food plan.

And Happy Friday to everyone else!! I am proud to report that I got out of bed this morning a half hour earlier than usual and did the fit test (day 1) of Insanity - and after reading about Sugar's yoga experience I might go home and do a yoga dvd or maybe something from exercisetv.tv. My intake has been ok... I messed up getting chinese food for lunch, didn't even enjoy it and threw most of it out. And it was a vegetable dish too...eggplant, broccoli and mushrooms in garlic sauce over brown rice. If only the eggplant wasnt cubed, breaded and deep fried! Ick.

PghGal, Kim and whoever else is interested... would you be interested in starting the C25K program with me in September? I think I will do that. I hear what you guys are saying though about losing a few lbs before beginning. I'm gonna give myself this month to drop some weight and get myself into gear mentally. Workinmom I think your headgame strategy is great and I'm going to use it!!

I hope everyone is having a great OP day!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 08-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:28 PM   #49  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Wanted to update that the Dr fixed my eye. Its sore and dialated but doing good!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #50  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRomeoTango4852 View Post

@Mandy: Welcome. I am on several other threads with you aren't' I? I love your icon by the way. Is that you and your husband?
you might be, i'm all over the place, and that's why i'm not good at posting everywhere every day. i forget! lol

and yes, that is my wonderful husband and myself. because i'm all kinds of crazy about my wedding pictures, here it is a bit larger:

Last edited by konfyoozed; 08-05-2011 at 05:14 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #51  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Aww Mandy I love that pic! So sweet. Wedding planning has made me a fan of gawking at other people's photos...its like a hobby now! LOL.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #52  
~Kim~

I had a good day. I've been taking peaks at the scale and I'm really happy with my progress this week.. I'm falling back into the habit of relying on the scale a lot though so I need to nip that before I start obsessing again.

Pghgal ~ I hope you had a good weighin today!

Mandy ~ Good luck with your goals for the month. It's great that you can do some exercise.

Sugar ~ That's a great long term goal. Some of those yoga positions are crazy. I hope you can do it someday. =)

Penguin ~ Good to hear your surgery went well.

Workinmom ~ I've never been a runner. My husband is very fit and runs a lot. I think it would be great if someday it's something we could do together. It'd even more awesome if I could outdo him someday. =)

GettinFit ~ It sounds like you had a great day planned. I hope it went well for you.

Tricia ~ I might take you up on that idea. Once I get through August let me see if I feel ready. =)

I hope you all have a great on plan weekend!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:18 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia Fierce View Post
Aww Mandy I love that pic! So sweet. Wedding planning has made me a fan of gawking at other people's photos...its like a hobby now! LOL.
if you would like to gawk at my wedding photos, i made my FB wedding albums public...

the artsy ones are here

getting ready for the ceremony

photos during the ceremony

the posed ones are here
Old 08-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #54  

I'm getting a haircut today. I've been letting the pixie grow out so now my hair is a tad past my shoulders, but its shaggy and unkept looking. I'm sure
Angie can fix me!

I've been walking around without my glasses for part of the morning and didn't realize I didn't have them on! I can't believe all the detail I can see and the bright colors that I thought were much dimmer!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #55  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all having a great Sunday!

Penguin - I'm glad that your sight is much better.

Kim - Great job on your results last week!

I've had a decent weekend so far. Yesterday I used too many points for baked Cheetos but I didn't go over. Today has been awesome. I am working on eliminating some of the sugar and junk food from my diet this week. I seem to do so much better when I limit those things. I really have to get this weight going down.

Today's food:

B: banana, cappuchino
L: Rotisserie chicken, collards 3 pcs dark choc
D: Steamed shrimp, 2 pcs dark choc
S: Yogurt,
1 glass red wine

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-07-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #56  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

@workinmom - thanks for the reframing on training. I have been doing the elliptical at the gym for now, eventually I want to work up to jogging and then running. I had been having some knee pain which has resolved itself since I've started losing weight, so I will continue to "train" until I get get back to jogging or running (without feeling like I'm going into cardiac arrest, lol).

@Mandy - cute pic! I love black and white pics.

@Tricia - I also might take you up on that ... my preference is to wait until I get to 250 (or less) before I start C25K, only because I'm afraid that if I can't hack it, I'll get discouraged and quit. BUT ... there's no reason why I can't hit 250 by mid September if I continue to stay on track. But yes, I'd love to do C25K as a small group!! I just might have to start a few weeks behind ya'll!

@TooManyDimples - thanks for the encouragement I'm down .8 lbs since Thursday, which is awesome considering Friday & Saturday tend to be my worst eating days. Hope things are going well for you. I am also scale-obsessed, so I get it. I am using myfitnesspal and have gotten pretty obsessive about logging calories, nutrients, water, exercise, exact weights, etc.

@GettinFit - Aren't baked cheetos awesome? I have to pre-bag portions of those suckers ... otherwise, I get out of control with them. Too yummy

Weekend update for me --- been to the gym Friday, Saturday, and again this morning. I figure if I am going to indulge a bit in pizza with some friends, I need to work extra hard in the gym. Also --- NO wine or beer for me this weekend, which is major with my group of friends. I've stuck to water or a mixture of diet 7up & cranergy. The best part is that I'm not feeling like I missed out on something.

Weighed in at 271.8 on Friday & today's CW is 271.4 ... Finally have passed the 20 lb mark!!

Keep going everybody!!

EDITED TO COMMENT: Yes, I realize I have an emoticon/smiley addiction. LOL

Last edited by PghGal; 08-07-2011 at 04:40 PM.
PghGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #57  
~Kim~

Evening everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine went well. I decided I'm going to start doing weekly weighins again. I'm going to do them on Monday from now on. I used to do them on Friday, and my thinking was get it done before I give myself a chance to slack up a bit on the weekend. So I figure weighing on Monday will help me want to stay on track over the weekend. =)

I'm going to start back up my exercise tomorrow. I always take the first week back on track focusing on my eating. I'm ready to add in the activity now.

I hope everyone's week starts off great!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #58  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Pghgal - Congrats on reaching 20 pounds! Yep, I ended up tossing the bag of baked Cheetos in the trash last night. I saw that I was on my way to binging on them so I poured water in the bag and tossed them in the garbage. I felt ashamed that I had to do that but I will do what it takes to be successful on this weight loss journey.

Kim - Glad you had a good weekend too.

Today has been very good for me. I've not had any sugary treats (other than some dark choc after lunch & dinner).

I hope everyone else is doing good.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #59  

oh my goodness... what a bad weekend, food wise.

i stayed within my calories and planned for the bad food... but still.

friday night was applebees, saturday night was pizza and then booze at the bar, today was a huge lunch at a local deli that's been featured on 'diners, drive-ins, and dives' (i think that was the show, maybe a different one with the same host).

my weigh in thursday morning had me at 250.4
today's weigh in had me at 249.1
hopefully tomorrow will be close.

i got in 90 minutes today with my 'bike' and i've had at least 3L of water to drink (just over 100oz) so i'm hoping i've minimized the damage. haha.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #60  

I bought a new purse today at Ross! It was about $10 more than I wanted to spend and by some designer I’ve never heard of, but worth it. I has two compartments seperated by a zippered pocket so I can have “purse’ on one side and knitting on the other. Then our truck broke down in from of an auto parts store so I was happy to have knitting with me while Hubby changed the battery. I sat on the floor of Auto Zone and knitted on a baby blanket for 30min while Hubby troubleshot the truck. Then later I knit in Red Robin while we waited for our food and Hubby played with his phone.

Eating has been okay but not great.