3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies ~ Week 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/206926-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-%7E-week-2-a.html)

jcatron243 07-14-2010 08:19 PM

Kris! Welcome back.

I had a great run this morning. But I only got in 40 minutes. Tomorrow I plan on pushing myself harder. I got 1.5 miles in 15 minutes, but then I had to slow it down after that.

WEED is going good.

KimL1214 07-14-2010 10:16 PM

PopcornGal~ Sorry to hear about your accident! How are you feeling?

TIARA~ How are you doing?

jcatron243~ Great job with your running!!!

mothermavis~ How are you doing?

MamaP~ Sounds like a great vacation!

I'm feeling better, but my back is getting worse. I'm so close to being done with the move, but it's really taking a toll on my back. I'm hoping to get in to see a chiropractor on Friday. Desperately in need of some sleep...
Have a great night!

mothermavis 07-15-2010 05:56 AM

Kris, glad you are home, can't wait to see pictures of the grands!

Popcorn, maybe you have told us b4, but what kind of dog do you have?

Jeni, 6mph rocks, good for you!!

Kim, I'm doing great w/exercise, but not seeing the scale results I want. Inches are responding though, shorts fit better!! I hope your back feels better soon.

NIXMOM/Kris!!!!! Where are you????????

W 100
E Y tonight for more weights and the AMT again :dizzy:
E POP
D One day at a time

PopcornGal 07-15-2010 10:03 AM

Yesterday's WEED went okay.

Kris - welcome back!!!!

Kim - sorry about your back. Moving is tough because you just have to get the job done and so you overuse body parts in a way you would never do if you were just exercising. I am okay, no one was hurt in the accident.

Jeni - you are amazing. You will be back to your old pace and stamina before you know it. I hate running I only do it out of necessity when competing with the dog.

Mothermavis - I have an Old English Sheepdog. He is really a sweetie.

Tiara - how are you doing? Are you still really tired or has sleeping helped?

I made the mistake of trying on a pair of pants that I had not worn in a while. They were still too tight which means that I put on more weight in the last two months than I realized. :( That has left me feeling a little bit like I am spinning my wheels. I am trying to stay focused though on my daily WEED and hopefully I will see the effort paying off in a couple of weeks.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 2 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - continue working on training plan.

jcatron243 07-15-2010 10:04 AM

Good morning!

W 64 oz
E hard run 30 minutes 10 minutes row
E less than 1500
Dhouse work. EW

MamaP 07-15-2010 12:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome backs. Weight is not too bad considering all that we ate while I was gone (had to hit all the local restaurants that are our favorites - one place for crab legs and the most amazing hush puppies ever; one place that is a family style sit down restaurant with fried chicken, mac & cheese, desserts, etc; a japanese steakhouse; and a chinese buffet). It was crazy - I pretty much ate whatever I wanted, even though I naturally ate less than I used to because my eating habits have changed. We also made smores at home several times. I did cook a few healthy meals - made them try my zucchini spaghetti (which they liked) and also made baked salmon one day. I walked several mornings (1 1/2 to 2 miles) and took my grandson to the park several times (walked/jogged to the park) and was otherwise pretty active. I am up 2 lbs and I think it is probably mostly water weight because of the extra sodium and carbs I had (did the chinese buffet on Tuesday). When I was there the end of March I was a lot more strict with what I ate because I was still new enough to my new lifestyle that I was afraid if I strayed too far I wouldn't be able to bring myself back. It was nice to let myself have a good time and to feel confident that would happen. Got home late Tuesday night and yesterday was right back on track with my eating and water intake.

Week 1 - N/A
Week 2 - 226.5 (July 14)

My goal for this challenge is to reach what was my (unrealistic) goal for the 4th of July challenge and that is 216 or below (210 would be awesome).

mtiger 07-15-2010 07:11 PM

am experiencing the same ole, same ole blues. One day just runs into the next and they are all pretty dull and boring. My ONE big change for the day was...I got up and did my workout early this morning..7:30. During the summer, that is a record. I knew it was getting hot today and it did. 4 miles..run/walk.

I went to try a different gym on Tues. Arms and legs are still a bit sore. TOM is approaching. 178 today!!!

jcatron243 07-16-2010 05:48 AM

Yesterdays workout didn't happen. Right before swimming I started getting sick and it stayed that way through most of the day.

Today I feel better.

W 64 oz
E 35 min
E less than 1500
D get through work. make it to workout.

mothermavis 07-16-2010 06:14 AM

OK, Mindy, I now completely understand, I have been awesomely focused and my weight is up, up, up! GRRRR

Need to be awfully careful tomorrow. We are going to NYC for the day to watch my Yankees!!!! Can't wait, but need to make good choices, not undoing all for one day.

W 100 only about 50 yesterday, so need to do better
E Running tonight
E POP
D Choices!!!

KimL1214 07-16-2010 08:54 AM

PopcornGal~ Don't let the pants get you down! You're doing great, just keep pushing and pretty soon those pants will be falling off you!

MamaP
~ Zucchini Spaghetti sounds super yummy! Do you have a specific recipe you use to make it?

mtiger~ Awesome job getting out there and getting your workout in! Are you feeling like there is repetition with your food or something else?

jcatron243
~ That stinks that you didn't feel well yesterday! :hug:

mothermavis~ booooooo Yankees boooooo ;) Red Sox Fan :D Have fun at the game!!! I would suggest eating before you go, although a ball park hot dog is kind of a necessity...

My eating habits have been crazy with all the moving! My goal starting today is to get back on track with eating three meals, and a couple snacks a day... vs. one big meal.

WEED 7/16/10

W~ 100oz H20
E~ Moved out, now need to move in...
E~ Stay within WW points!
D~ Get in 3 decent meals

PopcornGal 07-16-2010 10:03 AM

Yesterday's WEED was successful. I am starting to get nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. You know how you work very hard but you have these nightmares that your weight didn't change or barely budged.

Jeni - I am glad you are feeling better today.

Kris - that zuchinni spaghetti does sound good.

Mindy - I hate the blues. Good for you for doing your workout this morning.

Mothermavis - have a good time at the Yankees game and don't stress too much over the food. You can't do that much damage in one day.

Kim - I find that eating set meals every day helps keep me on track. I am struggling to get my scheduled snacks in.

Tiara - I'm still waiting for you to come back when you are feeling better. I hope you got your test results back and they were good.

I didn't bring a lunch in today and need to find something within my calorie allotment. It is so HOT here and I really wanted to do my 4.5 mile walk today after work. I do best when I exercise immediately but the air will be so thick at that time that breathing it in while walking is icky. But I am going to give it a whirl.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 4.5 mile walk
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - put away all the shirts I ironed that are laying out in my son's room.

MamaP 07-16-2010 01:05 PM

Today I am back to my pre-trip weight . . . woo hoo . . . only took two days - not bad.

The zucchini spaghetti is super easy and good. I use a large hole cheese grater to shred the zucchini, then sautee it in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil and salt (I use sea salt). Then I top it with Hunt's No Sugar Added Italian Style spaghetti sauce. Sometimes I add mushrooms and bell peppers and onions to the sauce, sometimes I just use it straight out of the can. Only once have I added meat to the sauce since I don't think it's worth the extra calories (or effort). The zucchini has a lot of moisture to it so sometimes I let it sit in a strainer for a few minutes before I add the sauce.

PopcornGal 07-16-2010 01:27 PM

Mmmmmm - that zuchinni sounds good enough to eat without the sauce.

I never thought of shredding it before. I might have to fix some this weekend.

mothermavis 07-16-2010 06:42 PM

Definitely have to have a Nathan's Hot Dog and a beer! Other than that, can be mostly good!

Kim, We will have to agree to disagree. My friend's dog is Jacoby and mine is O'Neill!!

love2b150 07-16-2010 09:04 PM

OK you all left me behind :( ... I gotta get with the program here. :D

Week one ending weight. 181.4 on 7/11 and 181.6 on 7/12
Beginning of week one was 182.6 on 7/5 so down a pound.

W~ 64oz plus
E ~ 30 minutes on wii (running) or 3+ miles walking the track
E ~ try to get better at this calorie cycling, can't seem to eat enough
D ~ stay on point even during my plateaus, don't get discouraged