3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies ~ Week 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/206926-w-o-w-laboring-our-bodies-%7E-week-2-a.html)

PopcornGal 07-12-2010 09:50 AM

W.O.W. Laboring for our Bodies ~ Week 2

I hope Jeni doesn't mind but I thought I would start this week's thread since it is Monday morning.

Hopefully we all survived week 1.

PopcornGal 07-12-2010 09:58 AM

Week 1: 168
Week 2: 164

I am off to an optimistic start. I set a mini goal of 9 lbs for the month of July with the goal of breaking 160 by the end of the month.

I started off my work week with a bad nights sleep. I hate when that happens so I didn't get a workout in this morning like I had hoped.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - prep food for the week

Wishing everyone lots of good WEED today.

jcatron243 07-12-2010 10:39 AM

Thanks Popcorn. I don't mind at all!

Slept in. That was nice. Now I have to get the kids up and out of the house b 9. Tommy starts swim lessons in the mornings now. so he swims after Mak swims. I'm babysitting again. What a fun day.

W 64 oz
E at least 35 minutes cardio my schedule is all messy right now
E less than 1500
D house work.

emiloots 07-12-2010 06:13 PM

Hey ladies -

Don't weigh in until tomorrow. Don't expect anything good, I whoosh right after TOM and then the scale goes right back up. Not the greatest day, super busy at work had low blood sugar multiple times today so of course I grabbed for the quick sugary snack (which is exactly what I shouldn't be eating). Really tired and ready for bed! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day :)

Popcorn - yay on the loss!

Jeni - glad you slept in, we all need it every now and then

WEED for tomorrow:
W - 64+
E - walking
E - OP
D - finish cleaning my bedroom, read a little

jcatron243 07-13-2010 05:24 AM

Workday. Ugg. Atleast I have a job.

My schedule has changed so much, yesterday I didn't get in much of a workout. 25 minutes cardio, thats it.

Today since I work I think I am going to get in 35 minutes afterwork.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1500 cals
D get to the gym.

mothermavis 07-13-2010 06:05 AM

Morning ladies!

W100
E Going to try out the new elliptical like thing at the gym tonight.
E OP
D Make good choices all day (even after dinner :devil:)

KimL1214 07-13-2010 08:58 AM

mothermavis~ Good morning!

jcatron243~ Good luck getting your workout in!

emiloots~ How did your weigh in go?

PopcornGal~ Looks like a goal you can definitely meet this month!

7/13/10 WEED

W~ 100oz
E~ Moving!
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ GET 8 HOURS of SLEEP!!!

Last night was rough. For some reason I woke up at 4 this morning with the worst diarrhea ever. I’m thinking that it was probably food poisoning, but I’m not sure. I still feel a little nauseous, but much better then I did at 4AM. I’m hoping to get all of my clothes and little things out of the house today. I still have a bed and a bureau that I need to get down from my loft. I’ve been trying to think of a way that I can do it myself as I don’t exactly have people jumping up and down to help me. Plus I have no place to keep my bed, so I was going to donate it to a local charity group, but they close at 5 and the only friends I do have that want to help, don’t get done work until 5 or 6. I’m thinking if I drop the mattress lightly from the loft, I can then drop the box spring (super heavy) on top of it and protect the floor. We’ll see…

PopcornGal 07-13-2010 12:39 PM

Oooh this has been the morning from **** at work. :(
Last night I was in a car accident on my way home from class with the dog. A young girl made a left turn in front of me from the sedond lane. Fortunately everyone is okay. Just the same getting the car repaired and dealing with the insurance is a total aggravation.

No time for personals. Trying to stay on track despite all the other chaos around me.

Today's WEED-

W - 64 oz.
E - Denise Austin metabolism DVD
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - groom the dog

TIARA 07-13-2010 07:55 PM

WK1 236
WK2 239 YES IM UP 3 pounds.. but im blaming it on pms..lol

congrats popcorn on your loss.. i will be working hard this week to get my butt in gear..

i went to the doctors today,, now im just gonna have to wait for all the test to come back.. i dont feel as tired as ive been but after this i will be taking a snooze..

hope yall had an awesome week ..

jcatron243 07-13-2010 09:15 PM

popcorn :hug: I'm glad you are okay.

Kim hope youre feeling better.

Tiara, I hope your tests come back okay.

MM~If your new elliptical thing is the AMT (adaptive muscle trainer) Its awsome. I hope you like it.

I did make it to the gym :woohoo: and I pushed myself to do 45 minutes. I feel good but worn out. Tomorrow wont be too bad. I don't babysit until 1230. but I am going to a funeral with my Dad. at 130 so DH has to take over.

mothermavis 07-13-2010 09:35 PM

It was the AMT & it kicks butt! LOVE that thing!!

Had a great day but getting ready for a meeting with a client tomorrow so not much time to talk!!

mothermavis 07-14-2010 07:24 AM

OK running late as always, so...
W 100
E Running with a friend
E POP
D lots to do, don't lose sight of your goals!

PopcornGal 07-14-2010 09:31 AM

Another cruddy start to my day. I didn't do the D of my WEED yesterday because I had a bad evening so I has to groom the dog this morning. Also I woke up at 3:15 and my alarm doesn't go off until 5:00. I could tell I wasn't go to get back to sleep so I didn't fight it. I am sure I will pay the price later today.

Sounds like Mothermais and Jeni are totally kicking butt in the exercise department.

Tiara - I hope your tests come back soon and with good results. I will be waiting for you girl to check in with me everyday. Hang in there.

KimL1214 - hope your move is going okay.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 2 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - try to address my training issues with the dog; I have hit a bumpy patch with my learning and he seems frustrated by my ineptitude

jcatron243 07-14-2010 10:25 AM

Good morning! I'm so hoping to get in an extra amazing workout today. I'm making myself eat because I haven't had a chance to in the mornings lately.

I had a nice TOM whoosh today. that made me smile.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E less than 1500 cals right them down
D food journal.

MamaP 07-14-2010 06:24 PM

I'm back after my vacation to visit my daughter and her family. I will post my weight (and goal) tomorrow ~ hopefully it won't be too awful since we ate out quite a bit while I was gone. A break even would be nice. The new grandbaby is awesome and so is the older one. I miss them already - heck I was missing them before I ever got on the plane.

jcatron243 07-14-2010 08:19 PM

Kris! Welcome back.

I had a great run this morning. But I only got in 40 minutes. Tomorrow I plan on pushing myself harder. I got 1.5 miles in 15 minutes, but then I had to slow it down after that.

WEED is going good.

KimL1214 07-14-2010 10:16 PM

PopcornGal~ Sorry to hear about your accident! How are you feeling?

TIARA~ How are you doing?

jcatron243~ Great job with your running!!!

mothermavis~ How are you doing?

MamaP~ Sounds like a great vacation!

I'm feeling better, but my back is getting worse. I'm so close to being done with the move, but it's really taking a toll on my back. I'm hoping to get in to see a chiropractor on Friday. Desperately in need of some sleep...
Have a great night!

mothermavis 07-15-2010 05:56 AM

Kris, glad you are home, can't wait to see pictures of the grands!

Popcorn, maybe you have told us b4, but what kind of dog do you have?

Jeni, 6mph rocks, good for you!!

Kim, I'm doing great w/exercise, but not seeing the scale results I want. Inches are responding though, shorts fit better!! I hope your back feels better soon.

NIXMOM/Kris!!!!! Where are you????????

W 100
E Y tonight for more weights and the AMT again :dizzy:
E POP
D One day at a time

PopcornGal 07-15-2010 10:03 AM

Yesterday's WEED went okay.

Kris - welcome back!!!!

Kim - sorry about your back. Moving is tough because you just have to get the job done and so you overuse body parts in a way you would never do if you were just exercising. I am okay, no one was hurt in the accident.

Jeni - you are amazing. You will be back to your old pace and stamina before you know it. I hate running I only do it out of necessity when competing with the dog.

Mothermavis - I have an Old English Sheepdog. He is really a sweetie.

Tiara - how are you doing? Are you still really tired or has sleeping helped?

I made the mistake of trying on a pair of pants that I had not worn in a while. They were still too tight which means that I put on more weight in the last two months than I realized. :( That has left me feeling a little bit like I am spinning my wheels. I am trying to stay focused though on my daily WEED and hopefully I will see the effort paying off in a couple of weeks.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 2 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - continue working on training plan.

jcatron243 07-15-2010 10:04 AM

Good morning!

W 64 oz
E hard run 30 minutes 10 minutes row
E less than 1500
Dhouse work. EW

MamaP 07-15-2010 12:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome backs. Weight is not too bad considering all that we ate while I was gone (had to hit all the local restaurants that are our favorites - one place for crab legs and the most amazing hush puppies ever; one place that is a family style sit down restaurant with fried chicken, mac & cheese, desserts, etc; a japanese steakhouse; and a chinese buffet). It was crazy - I pretty much ate whatever I wanted, even though I naturally ate less than I used to because my eating habits have changed. We also made smores at home several times. I did cook a few healthy meals - made them try my zucchini spaghetti (which they liked) and also made baked salmon one day. I walked several mornings (1 1/2 to 2 miles) and took my grandson to the park several times (walked/jogged to the park) and was otherwise pretty active. I am up 2 lbs and I think it is probably mostly water weight because of the extra sodium and carbs I had (did the chinese buffet on Tuesday). When I was there the end of March I was a lot more strict with what I ate because I was still new enough to my new lifestyle that I was afraid if I strayed too far I wouldn't be able to bring myself back. It was nice to let myself have a good time and to feel confident that would happen. Got home late Tuesday night and yesterday was right back on track with my eating and water intake.

Week 1 - N/A
Week 2 - 226.5 (July 14)

My goal for this challenge is to reach what was my (unrealistic) goal for the 4th of July challenge and that is 216 or below (210 would be awesome).

mtiger 07-15-2010 07:11 PM

am experiencing the same ole, same ole blues. One day just runs into the next and they are all pretty dull and boring. My ONE big change for the day was...I got up and did my workout early this morning..7:30. During the summer, that is a record. I knew it was getting hot today and it did. 4 miles..run/walk.

I went to try a different gym on Tues. Arms and legs are still a bit sore. TOM is approaching. 178 today!!!

jcatron243 07-16-2010 05:48 AM

Yesterdays workout didn't happen. Right before swimming I started getting sick and it stayed that way through most of the day.

Today I feel better.

W 64 oz
E 35 min
E less than 1500
D get through work. make it to workout.

mothermavis 07-16-2010 06:14 AM

OK, Mindy, I now completely understand, I have been awesomely focused and my weight is up, up, up! GRRRR

Need to be awfully careful tomorrow. We are going to NYC for the day to watch my Yankees!!!! Can't wait, but need to make good choices, not undoing all for one day.

W 100 only about 50 yesterday, so need to do better
E Running tonight
E POP
D Choices!!!

KimL1214 07-16-2010 08:54 AM

PopcornGal~ Don't let the pants get you down! You're doing great, just keep pushing and pretty soon those pants will be falling off you!

MamaP
~ Zucchini Spaghetti sounds super yummy! Do you have a specific recipe you use to make it?

mtiger~ Awesome job getting out there and getting your workout in! Are you feeling like there is repetition with your food or something else?

jcatron243
~ That stinks that you didn't feel well yesterday! :hug:

mothermavis~ booooooo Yankees boooooo ;) Red Sox Fan :D Have fun at the game!!! I would suggest eating before you go, although a ball park hot dog is kind of a necessity...

My eating habits have been crazy with all the moving! My goal starting today is to get back on track with eating three meals, and a couple snacks a day... vs. one big meal.

WEED 7/16/10

W~ 100oz H20
E~ Moved out, now need to move in...
E~ Stay within WW points!
D~ Get in 3 decent meals

PopcornGal 07-16-2010 10:03 AM

Yesterday's WEED was successful. I am starting to get nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. You know how you work very hard but you have these nightmares that your weight didn't change or barely budged.

Jeni - I am glad you are feeling better today.

Kris - that zuchinni spaghetti does sound good.

Mindy - I hate the blues. Good for you for doing your workout this morning.

Mothermavis - have a good time at the Yankees game and don't stress too much over the food. You can't do that much damage in one day.

Kim - I find that eating set meals every day helps keep me on track. I am struggling to get my scheduled snacks in.

Tiara - I'm still waiting for you to come back when you are feeling better. I hope you got your test results back and they were good.

I didn't bring a lunch in today and need to find something within my calorie allotment. It is so HOT here and I really wanted to do my 4.5 mile walk today after work. I do best when I exercise immediately but the air will be so thick at that time that breathing it in while walking is icky. But I am going to give it a whirl.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 4.5 mile walk
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - put away all the shirts I ironed that are laying out in my son's room.

MamaP 07-16-2010 01:05 PM

Today I am back to my pre-trip weight . . . woo hoo . . . only took two days - not bad.

The zucchini spaghetti is super easy and good. I use a large hole cheese grater to shred the zucchini, then sautee it in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil and salt (I use sea salt). Then I top it with Hunt's No Sugar Added Italian Style spaghetti sauce. Sometimes I add mushrooms and bell peppers and onions to the sauce, sometimes I just use it straight out of the can. Only once have I added meat to the sauce since I don't think it's worth the extra calories (or effort). The zucchini has a lot of moisture to it so sometimes I let it sit in a strainer for a few minutes before I add the sauce.

PopcornGal 07-16-2010 01:27 PM

Mmmmmm - that zuchinni sounds good enough to eat without the sauce.

I never thought of shredding it before. I might have to fix some this weekend.

mothermavis 07-16-2010 06:42 PM

Definitely have to have a Nathan's Hot Dog and a beer! Other than that, can be mostly good!

Kim, We will have to agree to disagree. My friend's dog is Jacoby and mine is O'Neill!!

love2b150 07-16-2010 09:04 PM

OK you all left me behind :( ... I gotta get with the program here. :D

Week one ending weight. 181.4 on 7/11 and 181.6 on 7/12
Beginning of week one was 182.6 on 7/5 so down a pound.

W~ 64oz plus
E ~ 30 minutes on wii (running) or 3+ miles walking the track
E ~ try to get better at this calorie cycling, can't seem to eat enough
D ~ stay on point even during my plateaus, don't get discouraged

hope4me 07-16-2010 10:52 PM

I've been MIA too. I'm struggling since winning the contest b/c I've let myself cheat here and there. I've gotta get back on the straight and narrow. I made myself workout the past 2 days. Just gotta get more strict on the calories.

W: not enough
E: 50 min ellipticle
E: 2100 calories (should be under 1500)
D: get my motivation back

TIARA 07-16-2010 11:29 PM

popcorn.. sorry ive been M.I.A. So far they havent called me. so whats the old saying no news is good new..lol i know tests take a while but i hope they hurry to give me an all clear.. I will try to log in everyday but some days are harder than others but i will do my best.. im staying stong and counting my calories..
ive havent had energy to exercise.Also im staying true to weighing in once a week even though i had really wanted to do it yesterday i stayed strong also my sister hid it from me..lol
kris .. welcome back..
mamap.. i love zuchinni.. i will be trying it as soon as i can go shopping..
hope4me.. you can do it.. did you start a new challenge..look forward to winning that..

w 64++
e relax
e 1200
d put away clothes..

jcatron243 07-17-2010 05:21 AM

Morning guys. Yesterday was tough, no workout and I ate way too much after work. Today shoud be better.

PopcornGal 07-17-2010 08:57 AM

Yesterday's WEED went well. In fact I was diligent all week. So I was disappointed to get on the scale today - Saturday is my weigh in day - and only lost a 1.5 lbs. I was not surprised though because my clothes weren't feeling any different. I know it is still a loss but I was hoping for at least 2 lbs. I need the motivation at the beginning to keep me on track so I can build good habits.

Tiara - thanks for checking in. Good for you (and your sister for helping LOL) for not weighing in the middle of your week.

Jeni - I am sure today will be much better.

Hope - lets agree to focus on just this week and give it an extra push in the exercise dept. We can do it together. Maybe that will help get you back into this. We can check in daily. Are you game?

Love - don't get discourage. We will dust ourselves off and focus on the fact that we have made some progress and keep moving forward.

Mavis - have fun at the game today.

Kim - how did the 3 meals/day plan go yesterday?

I am a little nervous today. I have an agility trial this weekend and I have been struggling with my handling skills. I am going to try to stay positive and focus on the strides we have made.

Eating will be a little tough but I will pack some snacks and keep my calories in check when I go to pick up lunch between runs.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - walk 3 miles
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - focus on our successes at the trial

love2b150 07-17-2010 09:19 AM

Thanks PopcornGirl :)

I actually got up this morning earlier than I have all week and weighed in at 179.6. I was really happy to see that 7 finally ... let's hope it stays their for awhile.;) That was the highlight of my morning so I'm off to a great start.

W ~ already started so 64+ is easy
E ~ I would like to get 3.5 to 4 miles in today ... I know I can do 3
E ~ calories for today should be 1497 I didn't come close yesterday, not that I mind :)
D ~ keep a good attitude, stay OP

Have a great OP day Everyone :carrot:

KimL1214 07-17-2010 09:34 AM

PopcornGal~ Did you end up getting your walk in? Good luck on your agility trial!

MamaP~ Sounds yummy! I'm going to try it this week!

mothermavis~ Have fun!!!

love2b150~ You got this!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

hope4me~ How are you doing with the calories today?

TIARA~ That's cute that your sister hid the scale! Let us know as soon as you know what's going on!

jcatron243~ How are you doing so far today?

7/17/10 WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ More moving in and waitressing tonight!
E~ 3 Meals, w/in WW points!
D~ Minimum 8 hours of sleep tonight!

Today is going to be chaotic! I really need to find my moms cat as she accidentally let him out this morning and he NEEDS to go to the vet ASAP. He's been choking for days now and we can't figure out what he's choking on. His nose was pretty hot last night, which I believe means he has a fever. Plus I need to go take some promotional pictures of the town band, PLUS take a shower and be at work by 1. YIKES!
Enjoy your Saturday!!!

love2b150 07-17-2010 12:40 PM

Thanks Kim ... whew you have a really busy day. You'll need that 8 hours when you are done. Have a great day.:)

emiloots 07-17-2010 08:40 PM

Hey ladies -

I'm guilty of the MIA as well, I usually check every day but don't post. As always, not doing the greatest, all my fault of course but one of these days I've got to get it together :) Hope everyone has a great weekend, DH is away on business from Sun-Tues night so trying to get everything ready to minimize the stress.

W - 64+
E - mowed the lawn today
E - tomorrow is another day
D - read a little and get cleaned up around the house

TIARA 07-17-2010 10:18 PM

Well ive been very strick on my calorie intake and i hope it will pay on on my weigh in day.. Stayed out late with the girls and even though everyone was snacking on junk food i curved my hunger with an apple.. wow you should have saw the shock on their faces ..cant wait till i reach my ten pound mark of 224 because i have new clothes im gonna wear..

love.. good job.. 179.6.. i understand what you mean im personally sick of seeing 230z but thats how it goes with every new goal i set i cant wait to get to the next one. but i must say im glad ill never see 294 284 274 264 254 244 ever again.. thats one promise to myself i intented to keep..

popcorn.. Good luck..

kim.. i sure will keep you all posted.. wishing you luck on finding your moms cat.. hopefully it didnt go too far..

everyone eles have a good weekend.. relax and stay focus and on plan..

w 64
e boxing
e 1200
d watch my korean soaps i finally found at the library.. im so excited..

jcatron243 07-18-2010 05:26 AM

:wave: Fly by this morning. sorry ladies.

Yesterdays WEED was alright, but I didn't workout. I had stuff to do. Work was another tough day. Today will be better.