Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 AM   #16  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Kim, welcome back!

Kris glad to see you back too!!! Happy Happy Birthday!

MM~I haven't had a really good run in a week. I love the new Machine at the Y since its an amazing calorie burner and I get to do the motion of running. I may run today though because I miss it so much.

Mindy~I hope you get your lows.

Popcorn~ I've been missing you!!

So the weather here is gonna be gorgeous. Its really our first day of summer I plan on working out then Maks swim team practice. then we have a thing at the library. After that we need to run to get some essentials at the grocery store. Then I hope to spend a good few hours out in the sun!! Then of course Tommy's swim lesson then home dinner and bed.

W 80 oz
E 50 minutes of cardio
E less than 1500 cals
D My big goal for the day is to have a good one!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies!

So it's 100 degrees today, ugh! I hate hot weather - need to move on up to Canada or something. Too hot to cook tonight so it's salads and leftovers for us. Had yummy green curry for lunch at this great thai place by my house and went to the farm to pick up our share. Lots of potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce and herbs. We're overflowing with basil at home so I'm going to try my hand at pesto tonight - hopefully it turns out well.

Welcome to all the newcomers, I'm not the best at posting every day but try to check in a few times a week.

W - as much as I can stomach, soooo hot here
E - does sitting in the air conditioning count?
E - doing pretty good so far, salad for dinner
D - finish up the laundry from the weekend, get some reading in before bed
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #18  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies ... posted this question on other threads but no answer yet and I'm a little anxious

I am hoping I can get some advice from you all. I seem to be stuck at 182.6. From what I've been reading and if I am understanding correctly is if my calories allowed are supposed to be:

Ex Fat Loss
Monday 1497
Tuesday 1497
Wednesday 1796
Thursday 1497
Friday 1497
Saturday 1646
Sunday 1497

... and I am burning about 400 calories walking, do I need to eat 400 calories more calories on top of the 1497 to 1796 to loss weight. Gonna try this zigzag.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-06-2010 at 05:51 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #19  
Calorie Counter

Emily~yumm I love pesto. Its at about 75 here which is the nicest we have had all year.

Rennie~How long have you been stuck? If you have been doing the same thing for a while now then you are doing great at maintaince. Now its time to either increase your workout or lower your calories (a bit). I wouldn't increase your calorie intake because of working out. Calorie zigzaging is a great way to keep your body guessing, but watch out that you dont start to binge one day then starve yourself the next. (I'm speaking from experience)

So my morning workout didn't happen because my children who are almost always awake by 7am decided to sleep in today. well, HMMM. It happened last week to. So I am heading over now, before Tommy's swim lesson.

Everything else is going well!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #20  
~Rennie

Hi Jeni, I have only been stuck for 3 days, and I was just told to give it a week and see what happens. I am hoping that this changes. I just started my journey on 6/1 and did much better than I thought. No, I'm not ready to quit/give up. I just showed my husband who has only told me THAT'S GREAT on a text, how much room I have in my jeans. His eyes got pretty big. I just put a second hole in my belt this is crazy. But a good crazy I am totally afraid of binging, I have only had 3 days in 35 days of snacking on a little of every snack I have (I ate the correct portion of each one) and that scared me. So I don't know what would happen if I just went all out. The good thing now is that the kids are home and the 3 oldest will say, "Are you supposed to eat that?" so they keep me OP.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #21  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies!

Thanks for all of the B-day wishes. I am determined to give myself the gift of a great body for my 40th! I work for a City that has been riddled with continuous bomb, fire and booby trap attempts at our police department over the last 6 months. Today it got too close to home and a police car that was going to be serviced on the property I work at was found to have what appeared to be a bomb rig of some sort under the car. So with my nerves shot, we were all evacuated and sent home early. Only bonus, I got to get my workout in early! So I am on track for my WEED this week.

Mtiggie – I am on it. Gonna pull through one work out at a time. Wanna run that 5k like you!!!! The heat here is deceiving right now. June gloom in the morning and then 85 by noon really throws me off. But I do enjoy the cooler mornings.

Popcorn – did you get your walk in? And did you make at least one good food choice today? You’re making progress! Don’t give up or give in!

Love2b- if you figure out the answer to beat the plateau, post it in bold. I’m gonna need it too! And go give your kids a big squish for helping you to stay tuned in. Sometimes their honesty is a blessing in disquise!

Jen – you are still the rock. Adjusting to the situation (sleepy kids) as opposed to blowing off what you need with excuses. Good girl. Keep it up!

Emiloots – I think I posted this before, but my sister (Emily) also does farm shares in Oregon and recently posted pics of her latest delivery! I wish I could find one around here. Enjoy your pesto and if you master a recipe, please share!

Okay chicks, off to shower and blog. Have a fantastic night and type to ya tomorrow!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #22  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everybody,

I'm back again too, just haven't gotten around to posting yet. I'm 39 years old, live with my fiance, and hope to go back to school next year for dental hygiene. I've fought my weight all of my life, but was at my heaviest at the first of this year. I want to be healthy and fit by 40 which will be in april of 2011. Since January I've lowered my cholesterol by 36 pts and my triglycerides by 46 pts. Progress...

Happy Birthday Nixmom!

W: drank all day
E: 1 hr WATP
E: 1448 calories
D: enjoyed the day with df
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #23  
Calorie Counter

Rennie~weight loss is great in the beginning, then it slows down. Its constant vigilance and staying on track that keeps it coming off.

Kris~ I'm glaad your ok. Wow, thats scary.

Got my workout in today. 3.5 miles first time I broke the 3 mile mark in a while. It felt so so so good. then I did the row machine for 10 minutes. When they brought in the new machines, they took out my 2 favorite weight machines. Bummer, there is a whole lot of people upset about it.

OK gotta shower and hit the hay. Up at 215 for work tomorrw.

HI HOPE!! we posted at the same time.

Last edited by jcatron243; 07-06-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #24  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post

Love2b- if you figure out the answer to beat the plateau, post it in bold. I’m gonna need it too! And go give your kids a big squish for helping you to stay tuned in. Sometimes their honesty is a blessing in disguise!

I was told that 3 days is nothing give it a week and see what happens. But may have to change exercise/workout. But if I hear anything else I will surely let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatron243 View Post
Rennie~weight loss is great in the beginning, then it slows down. Its constant vigilance and staying on track that keeps it coming off.
Jeni, that's what I've heard also, that it slows down. But hopefully I'll see a difference in the next week. I've been on track and I have lost inches I just don't know how much since silly me didn't take my measurements when I first started. But the saggy jeans and the extra holes in my belt mean a lot to me.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 AM   #25  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hello everyone im back .. i know i say that a lot.. ive been so busy with workand fam drama is summer. but i am ready to continue on my weight loss journey..

hello to all of you old and new.. My name is Tiara.. im from hawaii and i am 22 years old. NO kids.. not even a pet.. but i dearly want a puppy of my own.
so many post dont really know where to start but ill start posting weekly to keep myself honest.. lol

my plan
w64++
e right now im walk/ jogging
e 1200- 1400 calorie counter
d my summer goal is to read and get a tan.. so thats what i will be posting in this section..

my starting weight is 236.. i believe we have 8 weeks till labor day so i would like to shoot for 22 pounds.. that would put me at my 2nd goal.. 214..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

Tiara, welcome back always!!!

Tough night sleep. I didn't want to wake up this morning.

W 64 oz
E 35 cardio (I hope)
E1500 cals or less
D making it to the gym.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all, running late as always...

W 100
E Elliptical tonight
E OP, POP
D Choose well!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #28  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

jcatron- Ick! what time did you have to be at work?

Today there will be no workout. I have my final weigh in for a Biggest Loser contest at work tomorrow and oddly I find if I workout the day before I weigh more. Guess my sore muscles retain water. Wish me luck, $400 bucks on the line!

W: drink plenty
E: rest day
E: just for today, no carbs ( against my religion!) and eat very light
D: avoid the wonderful soft baked pretzels tonight where my pool team is playing tonight

Last edited by hope4me; 07-07-2010 at 12:27 PM.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #29  
~Rennie

Ok let's do this:

I have finally stopped spotting and TOM is here

W-64 plus
E-none today Bible Study on Wednesday evening and too hot to walk in the a.m.
E-stay OP, no extra's
D-finish the never ending laundry (7 of us, must do laundry everyday to keep up, I was a slacker yesterday )

Wow, Hope4me! Talk about incentive!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #30  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday's WEED was successful!

Today is going to be a little harder because I have a chock full schedule and a friend who wants to feed me when I stop by her house to help her with training her dog.

Hope4me - that is too cool on the Biggest Loser contest at your work. Do you think you will win? Either way I am sure it was a great incentive.

Love2b150 - I hate laundry. I cannot imagine having to keep up with it for seven of you.

Tiara - I am back again too. Let's stick with it for all this week and check in daily. That will be a step in the right direction.

Jeni - a bad night's sleep always sucks. Try not to let affect your day and get some rest tonight if you can.

Kris - what a scary day at work, hope today is better. BTW I did get my walk in yesterday and even though I was in pain on the first half mile I pushed through and did 3 miles.

Emily - how did the pesto turn out? How did you use it? I like it on pasta.

Sorry if I missed anybody - it has been crazy here at work.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - a mile walk squeezed in between three commitments tonight
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - get in bed no later than 11:00

Today is going to be a tough one for me with my schedule and my dinner at my friends. I hope I can do it.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote