April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 20
Go to
  • April Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
    If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
    Red=Goal Met!

Ms_Perception: Weigh under 135, Track my food, Take multivitamin 75%+ of the days
    Rashomon: Onederland
    Avezy44: Lose 10 lbs
    Airlyeth: Get under 210 lbs, Eat 5 fruits or veggies/day
    NightAngel26: Reach 215 lbs
    FifdyCynt: Track food in a food journal, Lose 10 lbs
    Aspiring: Reach 145 lbs
    mystical: Get under 210 lbs
    knobhdy: Lose 4 lbs/15% Lost, Eat 4 fruits or veggies/day
    BrittanieYork: Reach 195 lbs
    SugarRox: Reach 150's, Post weekly for accountability
    bama girl: Get out of the 140's, drink 64 oz water daily
    Liverpool Sue: Lose 10lbs
    onestar: Lose 12 lbs, try one new recipe
    mmiller2829: Reach 220 lbs, Only weigh on Thursdays
    shasha17a: Reach 235 lbs, Only eat at restaurants for dinner on Saturdays
    SlimBy2011: Reach 165 lbs
    Taurie: Reach 114 lbs
    eclipse: Reach 232 lbs/BMI under 40/No longer obese
    CardboardCutoutCat: Lose 8 lbs
    Dixiemae: Lose 3 lbs/Reach 150 lbs
    aluxa: Lose 7.2 lbs/Reach 160 lbs
    nellonello: Reach 190 lbs
    NightAngel26: Lose 12 lbs
    Asherdoodles87: Lose 8 lbs
    secoleman: Lose 6 lbs
    Redheadedbrat: Lose weight
    dancerindenver: Reach 164 lbs
    Cheryl E: Reach 160 lbs
    mytime2Bsuccessful: Lose 10 lbs, Keep food log
    VickieLou: Get out of the 230's
    LouisaH: Lose 10 lbs/Reach 177 lbs
    ohiofreespirit: Lose 10 lbs, Track food
    Califiona: No binges (Lose 8 lbs)
    motivated chickie: Lose 7-8 lbs, Get in the best physical condition possible
    susiemartin: Reach 248 lbs
    sznn: Lose 5 lbs
  • Today I am in the danger zone. Going to my mom's for Easter brunch today. I don't want to overeat. I want to eat a meal and then run around with my 3 year old niece.

Also, I want to squeeze in a run tonight.

So that's my plan...
  • Happy Bunny Day everyone. Weighed in at 237.4 today - doing well. I've managed to avoid chocolate so far this morning (except the m&m my 4 yo shoved in my mouth ). I'm not calorie counting today, but I'm also trying not to over induldge. I'm making my mother take home any leftover desert (since she decided to bring it). Have a good day.
  • we did our easter stuff yesterday and it went ok. on the food part i did ok, i just ate one plate and actually only ate the bbq chicken and potato salad. the candy is what got me. i dont know why i ate so much candy. i have been avoiding sweets (and doing well at it) for a couple weeks but yesterday i ate way too many. i have a stomach ache now. so today needs to be totally on plan. plus i didnt get to exercise because i went to babysit after the easter thing and theyre tv was out so i couldnt even do my video. i took it with me and everything. mucho exercise today lol!
  • So far so good.
    I've got my food planned out & am trying to stay outdoors.
    No candy in the house so that's a really big help
  • I've been drinking my water, but I've also eaten a ton of salt this weekend and I'm retaining. 149.2. Boo! But I can fix that.
  • I ate more than usualy today, but it wasn't too bad. We had Easter lunch instead of dinner, and I don't think I'm going to have an actual dinner. We had an exciting afternoon with a 7.2 earthquake and a bunch of after shocks that shooks us up pretty well, but we're all fine and didn't have any damage from it. My daughter is a little freaked out, especially after all the news coverage of the Haiti earthquake a couple months back.
  • today was a good day
    so...i didnt get in as much exercise as i would have liked, but i did do my weights (arms) and abs. i also did a lot of yard work (about 3 hours worth) and jumped on the trampoline with my daughter as much as she would let me lol... 3 year olds are so demanding! so i guess it averaged out because i actually didnt eat that much since i was busy most of the day. and i drank A LOT of water b/c it was pretty hot today. we'll see in the a.m..... back to work tomorrow
  • Got through Easter dinner okay
    Looking forward to an OP week
  • So this weekend wasn't that great. We went camping with some friends and despite my best intentions going into the weekend, I did eat a lot of bad food. I'm not going to weigh myself until Friday and I really hope that if I work hard this week, I will be down a couple lbs. I finally bought the wii fit a few days ago and also got the biggest loser game. I am going to try and use that 3-4 days a week on top of the workouts I do at the gym.
  • howdy, girls!

msP - congrats on the wonderful compliment!

Nice job on those who survived easter without succumbing to the temptations of chocolate bunnies, etc! I haven't been eating great lately (PMSing) but I'm planning on perfectly on plan eating Mon-Fri this week with at least two runs and one walk so I'll be boring you guys with the details of how that's going. Anyone else wanna try for 5 days in a row of POP with me?
  • I'm up almost a pound and a half this morning from yesterday, thanks to retained water from salty holiday food. I plan to see it GONE tomorrow!
  • Hi everyone. I'm at 185.4 today. I've been up .2, down .2, up .2 and down .2 the past four days, so I'm hoping see a couple consecutive down .2 days coming up here.

Easter was fine. I tried a few sweets, ate a good meal (the family decided to start doing non-traditional food, and explore some different cuisines on some holidays and get togethers, so we had Brazilian Feijoada and all the accompaniments--I made the flan. Wow, yummy!), but came in under my calories for the day, so I call that an extraordinary achievement.

We have friends in town, and we're planning our traditional bagna cauda feast for Friday night. If you don't know it, it's worth looking up and trying, but this is not a lo-cal type of fondue. The only saving grace is that it's served with lots of veggies, so I'm going to try to bank up some cals during the week, and be very sparing with the bagna. The bigger danger is the amount of prosecco and Campari and red wine we typically consume during the event! I'll plan it all out ahead of time and make sure I stop when I've reached my (calorie) limit.

Dancer, if I'm planning on an atrocious diet day, does that still count as "on plan"? If so, I'm with you on your challenge!

Congrats to everyone who faired well on the Easter front, and good luck getting back to plan to everyone who succumbed to the Easter Bunny's temptations...
  • louisa - plan is plan, right? Seriously, if you've taken everything into account and it's a planned treat, sounds like POP to me. Glad to have you on board! And nice job not overdoing it for the holiday. I love experimenting with foods from other places - it's my version of a cheap and quick holiday abroad. We have a hole-in-the-wall ethiopian place nearby and I swear I feel like I've been on a trip to Africa everytime we go... Definitely let us know if you run into any must-try recipes.

eclipse - I'm sure that will come right back off. Now if it would just take a few friends with it, that would be a bonus, right?
  • Quote:
    eclipse - I'm sure that will come right back off. Now if it would just take a few friends with it, that would be a bonus, right?
    Heh, it's already off, I think. After eating breakfast, having coffee, drinking 24 oz of water, and taking my blood pressure meds (which also happen to be a diuretic), I peed and peed and peed for an hour and a half (not straight I had to keep running to the bathroom, though!). I went up stairs to get dresses for the day and hopped on the scale and I already weigh half a pound less than I did when I woke up this morning. Usually, after breakfast, water, and coffee, I'm up a couple of pounds. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow morning brings.