3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   January Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/188949-january-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Nella 01-26-2010 02:34 PM

hi chickies!!! I'll be spotty on here for the next few weeks. I can't explain now, but we just have a lot of things going on. Just keep your fingers crossed for me and DH. I'll explain all when it's all over in a few weeks.

Keep on going hard!!! I want to see some red on that goal sheet!!!

shea5 01-26-2010 03:22 PM

lol I know I've been quiet because I've been doing the math, and an 8 lb difference and 6 days means no goal this month :) I don't mind though; I've gotten a morning workout habit almost fully established, and I'm already looking skinnier in the mirror. Progress will come, if I'm patient :)

mystical 01-26-2010 10:54 PM

Hello ladies I know I haven't been posting to often lately things have just been so crazy. I have been doing very well with the meal. I not only put in my meals on dailyplate now but I have a worksheet that I fill out everyday so I can turn it in for the dietician. Guess I am back in school LOL. I must say I am learning so much and she gave me a book list (cookbooks) and I picked up a couple of extra ones as well... They have really been great too... and to my suprise I have been able to fix meals with vegetables and my step son doesn't even know he is eating them Thank goodness LOL.... I have been losing some weight but it has been very slow process. Hopefully since I am back to the workout I will start dropping a little more quickly I will keep you posted... Hope you all have a great night cya soon :)

Shrinking Girl 01-27-2010 08:37 AM

Hey Chickies!

Just my usual check-in here, I'm so behind on personals I don't even know where to start. I'm starting to feel a bit more social so hopefully you'll be seeing more of me. My weight is holding steady at 177, which I'm grateful for since my eating has been all over the place and my back hasn't allowed me to do any real running for a bit now. Thankfully the chiropractor gave me this little dohicky to make my back muscles relax and so hopefully I can get back to running ASAP.
177 was my goal for the month though so I'm feeling pretty good.. no complaints here!
I hope everyone is doing well!

Taurie 01-27-2010 09:29 AM

Congratulations on all the goals met. As for me I'm like Shea5, don't think I'll make it to goal this month. However, I'm noticing visible improvements which are even better than losing the 2 pounds.

Tummy Girl - Oooh personal trainer. That's great! Especially for the chickie community. Human anatomy and performance are complicated... lots to remember. No wonder you're always studying. Best of luck with that. The problem with living in London is that sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on all the action as so many good posts go up while I'm sleeping!

Tummy Girl 01-27-2010 11:34 AM

Morning Ladies!

Taurie - Yup that why all the crazy studying, muscles, bones and craziness and of course I'd like to actually do well. That sure is a difference when you pay for your own education! Hopefully, I'll have helpful (certified) advice once I'm all done, lol. Congrats on noticing all the nice reflections, I must agree with you there, it' so gratifying to see a difference and know all the hard work we put in to achieve that.

SG - Thanks for checking in and a big woohoo for maintaining and losing, you have some determination to be proud of, that's some tough business and you're doing it! Also, I'm so glad you're feeling more social, I'vemissed your smily face :)

Mystical - A teenager eating vegetables, my goodness you did hit the cookbook jackpot! I have one that does purees that you mix into food and we like that one overhere too. Glad the meal planning is working and how nice to have her review everything as you go, super helpful.

Shea - Another congrats on the exercise, it takes so long to work it into a habit without giving up, I hope you're giving yourself lots of credit for that!

Nella - Well you do sound happy so I'm going to hope is something good. But good luck with stuff and please still try to check in with us or we'll miss you!

Summer - Good luck at WW and three days in a row at the gym, that's pretty fantastic too.

Still nothing eventful in my world, dd is a little stuffy, just enough to sound whinny all the time but not bad enough to slow her down. Had a great run yesterday but now it's bitterly cold out there, I don't think I want to leave the house for the next few days. Today's plan is some weights, some studying and well that's about it. Maybe even some cuddly tv time tonight if I can get the stuff done I need to, that might be nice, I do remember tv, i think ;)

Oh and down another pound today to 136! That was a nice surprise after the pound drop yesterday too. It's so much slower once now that I'm eating maintenance calories and working it off with just exercise but I'm sure liking eating a bit more again. Have an awesome days ladies!

Nella 01-27-2010 08:25 PM

Tummy - I wish it was all good, but no such luck :( There is one good thing though, only 1.5 weeks until DH's vasectomy reversal surgery!!! That's the light that is keeping me going right now.

SG - Glad to see your avatar :) Congrats on goal!!!!

Keep working hard girls! My weight has been bouncing a little for the last few days, back down to 160.0 this morning, but TOM also showed up. So, here's hoping he goes away quickly and takes some pounds with him!!

helpmelose 01-27-2010 09:18 PM

Hello Ladies... Just checking in!

I won't be making my weight loss goal this month I am at 136 so 7 pounds in just a few days is not going to happen. I am still going to keep working at it and see how things go over the next few days and get ready for a Fabulous February!!

Summer2010 01-28-2010 12:10 AM

Yeah, I don't think I'll make my 15 lbs goal for Janaury. Come to think of it, I should not have made it so high. I have lost 7 lbs so far and I have yet to weigh in this week. I'll set it at 10 lbs for February. I go for my WI on Friday.

Shrinking Girl 01-28-2010 06:44 AM

Hey Chickies

I know, two posts in two days... shocking. I had a pretty good (but long) day yesterday and most of the good stuff happened right in the morning. I finally got to see my name in the 2 feet lost spot at Curves (I swear the only person who does stuff is the owner, the others just act like they have no idea and maybe they don't) and I had bought some new exercise clothes the other day since my pants had taken to sliding off me as I ran or exercised (not good) and I was sooooo thrilled with the way my butt looked in my new pants I took a picture... and then posted it on my blog. haha. Sometimes I'm such a weirdo. So, if y'all wanna see a pic of my bum... head on over.

Tummy Thanks! I really missed everyone here too, it's just not the same when you're not posting. Where did Sandye disappear to again? From the studying I take it your program has started??? Congrats! You must be so excited (well, maybe less so now that you're having to study). Trust me, there's nothing on tv you're going to miss in the long run.

Nella Thanks! Here's to hoping TOM takes out a bit of trash on his way out the door!

helpmelose Sorry you won't be making goal but I think you've got the right attitude for Feb! You're totally gonna rock it.

Taurie Man, it's nice when you can SEE improvements, makes you feel fantastic doesn't it?

summer You can totally make 10 in Feb! Go you!

Nella 01-28-2010 09:02 AM

SG - WAHOO on the new pants!!! I'll check out that pic in a minute!

I FINALLY made it to the 150's this morning. 159.2, and it's TOM, so I'm super psyched. With all the added drama and stress going on right now, I have skipped 2 days at the gym, and I was sure there was going to be an ugly gain. But then a happy, happy surprise this morning to make me feel better for about 5 minutes, then I went back into my dramatic reality :( I'm trying so hard to stay focused and positive, but there is a certain thorn *ahem - person* in mine and DH's side that just keeps digging in deeper. This thorn refuses to leave us alone, and keeps trying to pull ridiculous stunts and turn our life upside down.

There's a reason I don't like roses, it's because they have thorns. I don't like thorns.

Dixiemae 01-28-2010 09:18 AM

Nella~Congrats!!!! Whoo hooo!! Me too 159.4 We are in a new decade!!

Im sorry Ive been absent for a few days puter did a crash and burn. Lost a lot of info and data. TFC was still here, fortunately no data lost here. Im doing the happy dance. Finally got it running on one leg. Now Im connected and can post again. I have missed everyone. My good news is I stepped on the scale 4 times to make sure it was working right and that it was me standing on the scale. All four times it said 159.4!! now if I can hold it for a few more days and a birthday party (mine) I will have reached my Jan goal. Im happy. I know a birthday is absolutely no reason to splurge. I asked no cake and ice cream. So I have a plan to not go over my calorie bucks. But Im allowing 1400 for that day. Ok Ive rattled on enough catch ya all later Pat

jellofer2 01-28-2010 10:18 AM

ok. so I am here today to let you all know that I finally got rid of the weight after my swims in the carb oceans. They were fun, but so not worth it. Good news though 237.4. only 2 pounds to goal this month and there is nothing to stop me!!! Will post more later. Off to abuse the treadmill again today.

Nella 01-28-2010 10:57 AM

Dixiemae - WAHOO!!!! I was afraid to step on again and have it change, so I left it be, lol.

jello - Yay for being out of the carb ocean!!! Kill that treadmill girl!

mystical 01-28-2010 11:27 AM

Nella :bravo: getting into the 150's that is an awesome job!

jellofer2 Only 2 lbs to goal just keep it up I know you can do it. :dust:

Dixiemae Way to go meeting your Jan Goal... :woohoo:

Shrinking Girl you are so amazing girl Congrats!!! :cp::cp::cp:

Summer2010 WOW 7lbs in a month that is so wonderful... I always have a slow loss no matter what I do it is always just 1-3 lbs a month... You are doing great :dancer:

I have been out on the road with DH this week sorry for not checking in. DH is sick with a bad cold, I take my son back to the doctor tomorrow to make sure his arm is healing correctly. My knee finally I have to ok to start working out again today... It took longer to heal than expected.. But I am still hoping to make my goal of 5lbs I know I have lost some but without being able to workout we will see. I will make a bigger difference next month I just know it LOL.... Can't wait to get back to the gym tonight. I am also doing a 30 min workout at home in the mornings that should help with burning off those calories :exercise: