Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Wow chatty girls here lately, its great to see so many pages of new posts. Now to catch up, this is gonna take a while.

Lindy-Colorado or Tennessee sounds nice, I really miss the mountains. I got some much needed sleep today, slept until 1130, OMG!!!! I went to bed at 1, thats 10.5 hours. I should be rested. Gotta get my butt outta bed earlier tomorrow.

Dance-the tae bo kicked my butt, I didnt finish the whole dvd but I was sweating my butt off. Gonna keep going with it and building up to doing the whole thing. I am gonna give green tea a try, do you add anything to it? I'm a southern girl and we drink sweet tea but I am not about to add a butt load of sugar to something when I am trying to lose weight, lol.

Mygrits-Bubba is doing great, I wish I could lose weight like a man. He has lost the same amount as me. You are doing great being down 2 lbs already. I need to get off my butt and go for walks, but it cold here already and I hate cold.

AJ-de-foodified, lol. I need to do that too. I plan on making cupcakes tomorrow, and yeah I will probably have one but after that, plan plan plan.

Simple-You said it, it is so hard to be your own bully sometimes but you just have to do it. Great job on the 9.5 miles, thats impressive.

Luv-I want that Biggest Loser for Wii, may have to treat myself. Let me know if you like it. I am counting calories and like you, think they might still be too low, I was eating 1200, then upped to 1600. Tried out that website Dance suggested and it said I should eat 1799 to lose.

Neesy-glad you got your money and now cant wait to see what you get. You can totally do 14 lbs, look how much you just lost.

Maddiesmom-I missed you intervention, but like Dance said, I wish I fell off the wagon like you!! You are still doing great. When do you have another session with Hott? Oh, if I lived closer I would def keep Madeline for you, too bad we are so far apart.

Ok that didnt take as long as I thought. Today was ok. I didnt do much workout wise. I am eating ok, just been lazy and not wanting to get up and get moving. Gotta get geared up for this challenge like Lindy!!!! Have family coming over for dinner tomorrow, gonna make a big huge yummy salad. Then gotta go spend the night with the boys(for the new ones, I am a part time nanny) Will have them all day 4am-6pm. Hopefully its nice out and not too cold.

Gonna get some sleep, not as much as last night. Skinny dreams to you all.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

neesy - are you going to workout like crazy on your off days? 3 in a row sounds great - enjoy! And I'm psyched to see you reach 175 - pencil skirt and boots, here you come!!

mygrits - the way you're going if you stick to your eating plan, it could be a very fun weigh-in for you this weekend!! Show Bubba that girls can lose weight just as well as guys!

maddiesmom - I think Lindy sometimes leaves her whole wallet in the car if necessary - maybe that can be the last resort I didn't mean to make light of your troubles - just joking around - but more seriously do you find that exercising helps with stress management? When you're busy and stressed, it's hard to find the time but it seems to help with my outlook. Hope it's a healthy eating choices day for you!

burgundy - I'm a big fan of splenda although I know it would be better for me to drink things with no artificial sweeteners. I'm thinking I can work on kicking that habit once I lose the weight Way to go on Tae Bo!

AJ - are we on for another 4.4 miles today? I'm in if you are! Anyone else want to join us?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #78  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Good morning girls!

Wow, I cant believe I had so much reading to do, I LOVE IT!!! Gosh, I had a ton of comments to make but then your stories started getting crossed, lol...so Im afraid to write anything because I might be getting you guys mixed up. Just know I read everything, lol.

Dance- Im so excited to meet, it will be fun. I love Lake Eola and there are some great restaurants over there, there is also a Panera right within walking distance, not sure if thats your cup of tea, but theres plenty of options to choose from. And YES- I did get my 4 miles in and felt great doing it.

I made it to body works class today, felt great as always, I love that class. I didnt get my jog in because I had to make Gabriella breakfast this morning, normally she eats at my moms because I go to work earlier than she starts school but today my mom had a doctors appt. and was running. Anyway, I might go tonight, not sure. Also, I had a HUGE breakfast today, 3 egg whites, 3 pieces of turkey bacon and a bowl of oatmeal and Im STARVING right now. What gives?!

Ill catch up later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #79  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all the kind words to Bubba and YES, I wish I could lose like him! LOL......

Maddiesmom and Dance, I find to reduce my stress I need to workout, especially walking. Workouts increase the endorphins, which make the body relax and feel good. Yea baby! LOL.....

Ok, I keep seeing mentions of Colorado or Tennessee?? Have you all changed the meeting place? I must have missed a comment on here somewhere.......??

Luv and Burgund, let me know about the Biggest Loser Wii, as I would love to have it. I don't have Wii, but hopefully may get it in the next month or so. I think on non-workout days, it would be a fun way to burn some calories.

Lindy and Dance........Dance are you coming to Orlando? I saw mention of Lake Eola on Lindy's writings. I grew up there, and use to hang out at Lake Eola growing up and when my children were young. It was a daily venture of walks, playgrounds and ducks......lol. Oh and then there was their fabulous library we went to alot. My parents still live there, as do my sister, her children and grandchildren, not to mention many old friends. My last job was with the Police Department there. Gosh, blabbling my history here. Anyway, I live about 30 minutes north of there.

Well, doing good, but no loss from yesterday, but that is OK, as I am happy with the 2lbs. Need to go to work, but I will check in later.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #80  

Mygrits- only 30 minutes? Are you available next Tuesday (wait..was it Tuesday Dance?)? Were going to grab dinner and take a walk around the lake, it would be so awesome if you could join us! I know your super busy these days, but I just want to throw it out there. As far as the location change, AJ threw Colorado out and it seems like everyone else is on board. Do you think you could swing a Colorado trip in the summer?

AJ- I would definately lock in some time at your house this summer, as I think there are several of us girls that would be totally game for going. I know I am. I have always wanted to go there, in fact, I tell people I want to retire there and I havent even been, lol...Im such a dork.

Dance- I dont know where in Colorado AJ's house is but maybe there is hope that you could meet up for a day or something?

On a separate note, I am coordinating a girls only cruise to Mexico in March, this is mainly with my work and personal friends for 5 days, so anyone who doesnt want to do the Colorado trip but is interested in a cruise, let me know and I can send you the details.

Doing good food wise. I munched on some Cheez-its but kept it in my calorie range. I also have consumed a lot of water, getting back on track with that. AND IM TOTALLY WITH YOU GUYS ON TODAYS RUN, Im going to shoot for another 4 miles tonight. I was uncertain but you talked me into it. Im doing homemade chicken soup for dinner tonight, which isnt too bad. Aside from that, not too much else to report on. So, for the days that I have slacked going to the gym lately, I would like to find a DVD to do at home, I have 30 DS and a yoga DVD but I need something more fun, any suggestions?

Burgundy- my hats off to you on doing the 30DS, I just cant do it. I hate that darn DVD with a passion, lol. I think I rather go to the dental office and get teeth pulled, seriously.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #81  

mygrits - if you can join us somehow for a walk and dinner on Tuesday 11/10 that would be amazing! Any chance that's a day off for you?

lindy - if you guys go to AJ's cabin this summer, I would definitely come for the weekend part of the trip, even if I can't get the other days off. It's only a 2 hr drive or so for me. And as far as fun workout videos, I like Tae bo (the one burgundy's doing although I need to get them on dvd now) and in the past I liked some of the mtv hip hop or belly dance workouts, just because they're different and the distraction makes you forget you're exercising. I'm going to stock up on a few videos for the next snow storm - thanks for reminding me!
Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Good afternoon ladies.Well I took Dances advice and first thing this morning put my sweatsuit on.I had an appointment and decided to put my son in the stroller and walk it.It was a little chilly but did feel really good.My son loved being out in the fresh air.I feel horrible that I've been keeping him cooped up in the house.Maybe I'll just take a couple small walks throughout the day.

Grits and Burgandy- I plan on doing The Biggest Loser today so I will let you know how it is.It's on sale this week at Kmart for $19.99 which is half price so grab it now if you can.Grits I would recommend buying the Wii.The Wii Fit Plus is really great and fun also.I love o play it with my kids.It gets me up and moving and them also.My 15 year old lost 47 pounds doing the Wii Fit and changing her diet tio healthier foods.I am so proud of her.Just wish I could follow her direction.

Simple-Yes my 11 year old is a handful.I do dread her becoming a teenager since she seems to think she's 21 anyway.I have a 15 year old but she is such a great kid.Never a problem,very considerate and helpful.My 11 year old just has a mouth on her.And it works my nerve when she's home all day nagging to do nothing but shop.We've had to cut back this year with spending as I'm sure alot of people have had to and she just has a hard time understanding the difference between needing something and wanting something.

AJ-I have a gym membership at 24 hour fitness.My family background with health issues is not the greatest so my Aunt bought me a year membership.They do have a great childcare there but it's $5 a day.Not too much but I feel when you spend $700 you should at least get the childcare for free.And with 5 times a week your talking $100 a month for 1 child.If I put my 11 year old that's $200.They're nuts.I'm thinking maybe my 15 year old can watch him for 2 hours in the evening so I could go.My husband works days and nights and sleeps in the evening so he would be here ,sleeping in case she had a problem.

Sorry to go on and on.Just trying to catch up and let you guys know a few things about me.You have giving me some great advice the last few days and it is so appreciated.Thanks you for making me feel so welcome!!

Last edited by luvmy3; 11-04-2009 at 12:47 PM.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #83  

luv - So glad you got out and proved to yourself that you CAN do this! I'm really proud of you!!! It's great if you enjoy doing workout videos or hitting the gym but when you're getting started, I think setting REALLY realistic reasonable goals (like a half hour walk 5x week, and if you do more great) and sticking to a reasonable eating plan (say 2100 cal/day including lean protein and fruits and veggies but allowing for the occasional treat) will set you up to be amazingly successful! So what's your goal this week? Do you think you can fit in 2 more morning walks (doing the whole sweatshirt on first thing, head out the door right after breakfast before you get caught up with other stuff) by Sunday? I think you can! You don't want me to be wrong, now do you?

Since Lindy got me thinking about it, I ordered a few exercise dvds from amazon - latin, hip hop and belly dance. Will let you guys know if any of them are rockstars!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Lindy- That always happens to me. The more I eat in the morning, the more hungry I am all day. Esp when I eat oatmeal or any starchy food. And We can use it when ever! We just need to figure out what best for every one.

Dance- I am in on the 4.4! I feel great today. Hungry night but great today.

Luv- I just love the alone time. Its fully dedicated to me time! =) I am sorry I made you repeat the bit about the gym. I remember you saying that now. It is ridiculous that you have to pay! Good for you going for the walk. I know it can really help. Walking, even if its a short walk, doesn't feel like a work out to me once I get up and get going. And I told you these are great girls =)

As for me. Day 2 of restart. I went to bed SO hungry. Nights are so hard. I drank a cup of tea and went to bed. When I was out with my husband I was so hungry I almost broke down and had fast food. It was close. I need to not leave @ night. I really do feel better. My head feels more clear and I am thinking about what good foods I can eat rather than what I can get away with.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #85  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies!

I have lots to catch up. I actually posted something from my blackberry on Monday but it didn't seem to post...I even checked the old thread. I was asking for an intervention...I did pretty bad the last few days.

Anyway, I did ok yesterday and doing well today so I guess I'm out of the funk I was in. I was binging horribly and my mom encouraged it That was disappointing. She kept saying oh do you want some ice cream, oh do you want some chocolate, etc. I was pissed. I know she probably didn't mean to, but she knew I was trying to be good

I'm in Edmonton and rented a nice posh hotel for myself. When I get back from my meetings tonight I am going to read and catch up. I really missed all of you - I felt like I had no support at all

Catch up tonight and then I am back to normal! I am not back to work until Monday but back in Vancouver on Friday and I look so forward to getting back to my routine!

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #86  
Portion Control

Hi everyone.

I just joined this site yesterday. I do not know if it is taboo to join into more than one challenge in the Chicks up for a Challenge section of the forum (I belong to the WOW group) but I saw you guys today and thought that you would not only fit my needs but seemed like a fun group.

I like the idea of a deadline and an incentive. Since my expectation is not to win - please consider it another boost to your "pot".

I understand if it is too late and would not have hijacked your thread but as a newbie I am prohibitted from sending PM's until I have posted a number of times. This will be my third post.

So here is my story.

I am 45 years old and an empty nester. I am a lifetime yo-yo dieter. I lost 35 lbs back in 2000 (only to put it back on) and then I lost 40 lbs. again in 2007. Unfortunately, I have put most of it back on. I have been sabatoging myself mainly in the evenings just overeating and the other day I was stunned to get on the scale and see how badly my behavior had affected my weight. Although, the fact that my clothes were looking even worse was indication enough.

So yesterday I vowed that I would do this again. I need the help of people who can keep me motivated and yet don't mind listening to someone obsess over the trials and tribulations of dieting. Those non-dieters (and there are plenty in my life) just don't understand.

My plan (that has always worked for me) is counting calories and keeping a food journal. My exercise of choice is walking, especially outside with my two walking buddies - the dog and my hubby. But the dog is a sprinter not a marathoner so I don't take him on anything more than 3 miles and my husband's schedule limits his participation. So then I really have to work hard to get myself motivated.

I am 5"3" and weigh 167 lbs (as of 11/2/09) and my goal weight is 135.

Thanks for the consideration. Please let me know if you have room for another member in your group.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

STACCIE- WE HAVE MISSED YOU SO! Get over it... put it in your past ans lets move on! Today is a new day and you can get back on the wagon. Neesy won the challenge. And we have lots of new people =) <333333

PopcornGal- Welcome. Many of the girls participate in multiple challenges and short and long terms mini goals. You are always welcome here! Also... my dogs are the same way!! =) I would walk them across this huge park in denver and around the lake and then I had to carry or drag them back to the house. hahaha. Good for you getting support. We are just that. Jump right in anywhere!

ajowens 155
LuckyLindy 165
Maddiesmom 225
Mygrits
Danceindenver 160
Burgundyrayne 204
Tiff 294.8
Neesy 216
Maryshady 175
Alyssamichelle 227
SimpleRhythm 153.4
luvmy3 279
PopcornGal 167
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #88  

Luv- awesome girl! You did it! You took your first "baby step" and thats where it all begins. Ugh...I cant even tell you the road I have been on since January with "baby steps". From starting out with no exercise, to just walking, to the gym 5 days a week now, same with food...soda, then diet soda, then crytal light, now just water. It comes in moderation and you are doing what you need to do to get there---good job!

Dance- cant wait to hear your feedback on the dvds, would you mind doing them all in one night so we can receive instand feedback, lol--I kid---I kid!

AJ-AWESOME...AWESOME...AWESOME for will power. I am exactly like you, I cannot go out at night because its just an absolute disaster, I have no self control, so I try to stay in as much as possible.

Stacie- awww----we missed you to. Its not as entertaining without your stories and arse comments, lol. Although, I have gotten a few chuckles from your FB page....hee.hee.

Popcorn- you are so welcome to join us. When we started this new thread a few days ago, we had some newbies join us, so jump right on the band wagon. Most of the girls have been together since last December, with a few more hopping on 6 months ago. This really is an awesome group. We are supportive but surely hold each other accountable and try to come up with solutions to the hills we have in our weight loss journey. Dance is by far the best when it comes to that. Me...Im more of your Jillian girl, lol. Anyway, thanks for the bio about yourself. So much of us know about each others personal lives so if something is said that doesnt make sense...feel free to ask away.

Going for lunch now, Ill catch up later.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #89  

aj - I so admire your discipline in going to bed hungry - that is the hardest hardest thing for me. I can be good all day but if for some reason I can't fall asleep right away, all I can think about is eating and I'm not very good at resisting. Since I don't have anything tempting around the house, I end up eating fairly healthy stuff but cals are cals as we all know. Any advice on how to get a wimp to grow a spine like yours?

staccie - great to see you again! We've missed you tons. So are you in on this next challenge? Hope so! Bummer about the last few days but you have the next few to make it up in, right? Come post a ton and we'll be here for you all the way!

popcorn gal - glad to have another popcorn fan around! welcome to the gang! These women are the reason I've lost what I've lost, I swear. And if you fall off the wagon and ask for an intervention, well, look out! You should see Lindy doing her Jillian routine!

lindy - did the starving go away? Hope so! Any news on the man front? You haven't said anything in a while...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #90  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

lindy, I'm not sure if you have comcast up in your area but we have comcast down by me. there is a think called comcast on demand and its all sorts of shows and movies that you can watch anytime. well let me get to my point. it also has exercise videos on demand. there are probably at least 20 at all times. so if you have comcast you should check into it!

well I haven't been very present since monday and I'm sure you all know what that means by now. off the wagon AGAIN. We have been getting a lot of activity in but my food has just been horrendus. I have an appt next week finally to get my thyroid straightened out so that is my only hope right now. I just can't seem to overcome my appetitie.

I have a tennis date tonight with a friend and hopefully we r a good match causw I need someone to play with. we decided we can't go to the gym during the week just weekends. so tennis would be my during the week thing. one of the only things I can do close to home when its dark since its dark when I get home now. wish us luck!

I guess I can focus on 1 thing at a time fpr now. this all just trial and error.
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote