3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Old 11-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #61

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Yes! I am very interested! I would love that because I had no intention of working out and I need to. 4.4 miles you run... I run/walk. =) Its 95 here today so I will be doing it indoors lol.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #62
Making Peace With Food

S/C/G: 215/153.4/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey All,

Just got back from running and only ended up doing 9.5 miles instead of 10 because I punked out of the last half mile due to shoe/pain issues. Today is going well food wise...although definitely light on fruits and veggies and higher cal than an average day (although not for a long run day.) I also put a link to my food journal in my signature if anyone is interested or willing to keep me accountable.

DANCE: Green tea is rumored to both decrease appetite and work as a thermogen (increases metabolism without exercise and supposedly allows you to burn more calories.) Sounds great and I would drink more of it but find I have to force myself to choke it down most of time. Also, what kind of running do you do? How long have you been running?

LUV: Sounds like your 11yr old is quite a handful! Can you not wait for the teen years?

Woo! to being on track!!!

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...hen=2009-11-03

Weightloss Buddies Holiday Challenge (ends 1/11)

One For Each 5lbs
SimpleRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #63

Simple- WoooHoo!! you go girl. I am so impressed. 9.5 is great. Are you training more before the marathon? Do you train on both road and treadmill? I hope you did give your body enough cals!! Big burner today. =)
Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #64

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

Dance-Thanks so much for the info.I thought because I wasn't burning calories I should take in less calories.I could take a walk with my son during the day and I should,but I'm just so unmotivated and plain lazy.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #65

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

aj - okay - now you're getting me going! I was planning on doing it tomorrow but now I'll try to fit it in today too - if not outside, then on the elliptical. It's on, girl!

simple - hey, you did 95% of your run - that sounds like A+ to me! I'm a casual jogger really and due to shin splint issues I run on dirt trails only. My max distance recently has been 5.6mi so I'm totally not in your league but am thrilled to be out there. I used to run in college and have done it sporadically since but I'm totally sure it's the reason I've been successful in melting off the weight this summer. Really interesting about green tea - thanks for the info. It tasted like grass clippings (I exaggerate, but only slightly!) when I first started drinking it but I've seen in the store that they make it with mint and other flavors included to make it taste better. If you like black tea at all, I've also been told that mixing half-and-half is a good way to get used to it.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #66

luv - I totally sympathize with feeling blah but see if you can make yourself get out the door for 5 minutes. If you're still exhausted, you can always turn back. I have to play these mental games with myself to make myself run sometimes when I'm low energy - okay, most of the time! You've made a commitment to change and no one said it would be easy but boy is it worth it - show us how strong you are and get out there tomorrow for a short walk with your son and come back and tell us what a tough cookie you are for making yourself do it and we'll all do a happy dance. I'm willing to bet you'll feel way better after (go back a few pages to find mygrit's post about her first walk in weeks and how good she felt) even if you don't love every minute of it. Oh, and when you get dressed in the morning, get straight into your walking clothes so you'll have less excuses. YOU CAN DO THIS!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #67

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Thanks so much for the boost in my confidence.I do feel so much better when I get outdoors it's just getting to that point.But I will make an effort to get outside and walking tomorrow.I'm also going to try to eat more.I think I have alot to learn about losing weight.I've been doing it the wrong way all my life that is why I am here now.Can I ask a question of you ladies?Does it matter where your calories come from?I mean is it okay to eat something such as cake if I can fit it in?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #68

Dance- Its on! I am going now. Then I am going to swim!! Excited seeing as my pool hasn't been ready until this week.

Luv- I am so sorry you are feeling that way. We all have our days but for me its my life. I am supper committed to work and my art but when it comes to leaving the house esp for a walk I just dread it!!! Thats why I found the laziest way to work out. Either walking on a treadmill in front of a TV during one of my don't look away favorite tv shows or I read a magazine while riding the stationary bike. Maybe try something like that instead. Most gyms have free day care while you are there so its time just for you!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #69

aj - Thanks for the push - finished my run and feel great! Sounds like you're going to blow me away though with running and swimming. You are hard to keep up with!

lindy - did you get in your 4 miles as planned? Hope so!

luv - curious to see what others have to say about your question but my take is if you're tracking everything you eat and you budget in a treat (for example, I think Neesy said she budgets a small WW low-fat ice cream cup daily) that's fine but the vast majority of your calories should come from lean proteins, fruits and veggies and whole grains with a bit of healthy fat daily (like almonds, avocados and olive oil, not butter and cream). Treats tend to be pretty empty calories so if you blow most of your quota on a dessert, you'll be starving later and much more likely to go over your daily limit. Some of us also find that sticking to healthy foods when we start a new plan (and throwing out any tempting treats) helps us break bad habits. They say it takes 30 days to create a new habit - not sure if that applies to breaking a sweet tooth but it certainly is easier to resist temptation after you have a few good weeks under your belt.

The other thing that I've learned this time around is that one bad day doesn't mean you give up and quit. Probably seems obvious but somehow it wasn't to me in the past. Stick with this gang and we'll make sure you see progress, even if you have a wobble here or there. And definitely ask anything you like.

Off to catch up on oh-so-exciting expense reports and then take a vanilla bubble bath later - it smells just like cake batter which is about the closest I get to cake these days
Old 11-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #70
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Luv: I was in the same shoes you are in a few months ago. I have a 2year old and I was exhausted all the time. I found that actually hiring a trainer helped me out as far as working out and getting off my butt. I figured that I'm paying someone, so I have to show up. It's worked thus far, but it's important to have a trainer that you like. Then as the weight starts falling off, it's easier to go.

Also, as for your question regarding sweets, I think if you have room for the calories it's fine, but you really can't make a habit of eating the simple sugars just because it makes you crave more. I rarely have sweets (except for Halloween apparently! LOL) and it gets easier to say no...especially when you start seeing results. Plus, if you have filling foods, you are less likely to keep eating...500 calories of veggies vs. 500 calories of cake = which do you think will make you satisfied "full wise?"

Someone asked our weight loss plans...mine was WW, but found the meetings at work a waste of money since people wouldn't talk about weight issues. So, I just started eating better and working out. I do use the "points" system but don't count as closely as I should. The working out and being with the trainer has definitely helped.

Ok ladies, intervention didn't work. I ended up having 2 bite size hershey's milk chocolate, then for work, I had to host an appetizers/drinks reception. I held out as long as I could, but had to have some of the appetizers since I had been at work for almost 12 hours (in 3 inch heels no less) and was utterly exhausted and starving. I didn't do too badly, but I still feel guilty. Back on the wagon tomorrow...no excuses!!!

AJ: I know you like Diet Dr. Pepper like me, but my hubby sent me an article about a study that was done on the effects of diet soda on the body and it said that the artificial sweeteners in diet soda actually cause you to increase belly fat...so my next goal is to quit drinking diet soda. I love antioxident green tea (celestial seasonings makes a good one) so I'm going to drink that and see if it helps.

Good night all...it's been a long day!

Staccie: we miss you!!

Long Term Goal

One for every 5 lbs lost:

MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #71

maddiesmom - if two tiny chocolates and an appetizer is you going off the wagon, my wagon could totally take your wagon! Sounds like you did fine - and at the most were eating at maintenance calories! Sorry it was a tough day though... Hope tomorrow is much easier and more on plan.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #72

Dance- I didn't swim. I dunked my hot tired body in a cold pool. lol. Your bubble bath sounds awesome. Think I might have to follow you in doing so. I laughed out loud when I read your post to Vicky =)

Vicky- I love love Diet Dr. Pepper but I how crappy it is. And its not just diet sodas, actually it is the caramel colored flavoring in dark sodas that prevent weight loss. Weird that I still like it. When I am strict I drink Diet 7up cherry and its much more successful. I just LOVE dr. pepper and pepsi so its not the same. I drink a TON of fruit punch crystal light. 90oz a day to get my water in so not much room for soda anyways =)
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #73

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Wow. You guys have been chatting up a storm. So much to catch up on.. I will have to read it all tomorrow. I'm off the next 3 days. YAY! Cuz today was super stressful. Someone asked me to verify that I got their gift cards. I did and thanks! I got paypal from lindy and AJ and amazon cards from burgundy and dance. Thank you all so much. I have no idea what I will get.. maybe a new workout outfit. Afterall... I'm taking this all the way to the goal. I never thought I'd be this close to my goal.. now I'm wondering if it should be lower. haha.

I'm going for 14lbs by January 11th. That is very doable. I'm gonna kick my metabolism in it's butt this week and get back into an exercise routine cuz I've been slacking and I'm so jealous of how much you guys do. Half marathons and whatnot!

Well I'll catch up more tomorrow. I'm finally getting my military ID in the morning. I'll be an official army wife. haha. I'm so proud.

Oh. and the colorado trip sounds incredible. It's weird cuz a guy from work is moving there next week. So, I've been talking to him all day about colorado and it sounds unbelievable. What a coincidence!

Well, Goodnight!
TTYL!

Long Term Goal

Last edited by Neesy_20; 11-03-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:05 AM   #74
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Chicks,

I wrote all of you this morning, but for someone reason it's not on here.......sorry. I don't know what happened.

Maddiesmom, sorry you had a tough day, but I hope tomorrow is better for you. Don't be too hard on yourself endulding a little at the office hosting you had, as you have lost a lot of weight and done so well.

Lindy and Tiff, you sound so fired up! i am excited to see where you both take this competition!

Neesy, I mailed your card and it will hopefully get there quickly. Let me know when you receive it.

Well, I was down two pounds this morning when I weighed and I worked out again today before work. I am sooo tired. It was a 10 hour day and I am pooped. I think I will skip the workout tomorrow, because it will be another long day at work.

I will check in tomorrow morning. Nite.

Sandy

"When your belief in you and your dream, is greater than your belief in other people's opinions, you will have mastered your life."

mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #75
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Dance: You are hilarious. I guess I just feel "off the wagon" because I haven't been eating all the healthy foods that I usually do. I bring cut veggies and fruit, etc. but we have a full cafeteria in our building that can make you the best, greasiest meal you've ever had, but tastes soooooo good. I need to be like Lindy and leave my wallet at home. I don't carry cash, but they take debit!

I'm hoping the stress is close to being over, whenever I think about work my eye starts to twitch. Gotta love stress! Plus, I'm trying to find Madeline a new daycare, which is also stressful. Burgundy: wanna drive down from MI to watch her?!? LOL. She's at a home daycare right now and I don't feel that she's getting the attention/stimulation a 2 year old needs to progress. So, it's searching time...and I know she'll get used to it, but I'm worried about her acclimating to the new daycare. What can do you? I think all moms feel that no one will ever take care of their kids as well as you could. The hubby and I are hoping that by the time the 2nd one comes I can be a stay at home mom...one can dream.

Have a great night ladies! We are quite the chatty group lately!

Long Term Goal

One for every 5 lbs lost:

MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote