Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #466  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

dancer...I don't have knee problems, but I'm afraid to run right now. I don't want to push myself to the point of throwing up, so I'm taking the running thing slowly. lol I absolutely have a fear of throwing up. I'll start jogging soon, though. I'm getting Leslie Sansone's WATP Walk and Jog. I'm excited to start it!

AJ...you can do it, girl. Get back on the wagon here! We're all here for you!

Popcorn...great job on the eating out! =)

Anyone I missed...have a great day!

I got up this morning and walked three miles with 2 pound weights, like the video suggests. I feel great! First workout in four days! Woohoo! I've started the good diet today and have been drinking water. I'll post our recipes for our thanksgiving dinner soon. Right now we're worried about getting enough money together to actually buy a small turkey. So, hopefully we'll be able to.

Talk to you all soon! (Oh! I'm starting my first day of five days off for Thanksgiving-woohoo!!!!!)
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

I have read every thing. I will come back and catch up. I might be eating crap but I am going to jog now! I can't stand being this lazy.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #468  

Dance- I got tears in my eyes reading your post this morning. I really needed some support. Thank you!! 2300 for thursday sounds great to me!! I can def do that because I only really eat twice that day. Too much!! What are you doing on thursday??

Neesy- You will get back on track. Sorry about your hubby but I am glad you got to take a trip!! Miss you around here though.

Popcorn- WOW to a great son and a youngest child that eats fish thats not fried and in stick form =) I didn't like fish until I was out of high school. You are doing great. I hope you get to work out today!!

Rayne- SOrry about stupid TOM!! At least it came at a time that you really get to enjoy some saltier foods =) And onederland is so so so close!! I believe in you!!!!!!

alyssamichelle- Two things! Great job on the work out!!! And Walmart has turkey breasts for 8 that are jennyo. MMM they are good.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

alyssa - I've heard really great things about WATP - keep us posted on how it's going! There is *no reason* at all in my book to ever push yourself so hard that you make yourself sick. The good part about jogging, when and if you're ready to try it, is that you can slow down to the pace of a gentle stroll and you're still technically jogging. There is NO minimum speed limit! There's a very cool program called 'Couch to 5K' (C25K) that you'll see talked about a lot on threads in the forum that you may be interested in in the future.

aj - cool - 2300 it is! My bf is coming over tonight for dinner and we'll go for a good long skate tomorrow morning. Then I'll go over to my family's for the afternoon - mom is doing most of the cooking but my sister and I each bring a few dishes. BF will most likely not come as he's still a bit moody and doesn't feel super social. Hope you guys have a great time and that the cooking part is all fun and no disasters Good for you for getting in some exercise already today! You are turning things around!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #470  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Burgund - YES we can do this! Woo Hoo! I am so proud of you working out and walking, running or DVD - whatever gets your heart rate up works! LOL...

Neesy - Awww so glad to see you again and I am soooooooo very proud of you maintaining your weight - Awesome. I am sorry you only had 10 minutes with your husband, but it is better than no minutes. I hope all of that gets straightened out soon. We have missed you ;-)

Dance - Absolutely I will keep my calories NO MORE than 2300 tomorrow, and hopefully less.

Alyssa - Awesome workout with weights! I should do that, but the only weights I have are 10lbs and metal. How much weight do you carry?

AJ I am proud of you working out today and I know it will help you feel better and get re-focused.

Ok I did get my workout in and my calories so far today are 840. I will check in later!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #471  

mygrits - your whole post made me smile - it's so clear that you're feeling good about making such great progress and getting in plenty of exercise too - your good feelings just shine through your words
Old 11-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #472  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies,

Sorry I just wanted to say a quick hello. I am heading to bed. This week has been stupidly busy and I'm just not in a good place at all. I have to figure out how to do this.

I will catch up tomorrow as I am working at home until early afternoon
S

PS Happy Turkey Day to all you Americans
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:23 AM   #473  

Can't sleep. Too much anxiety!! Listening to Davey snore just makes it worse.

Dance- I thought your boyfriend lived with you.? How is the new job?

Sandy- So how did the rest of your day go? Did you stay in your calorie range?? Are you seeing your daughter today? 20 questions... okay go =)

Rayne- Are you ready? I have been starving trying not to dig into what I have been preparing. I have worked to hard for it all to not be perfect.

Staccie- I miss you a lot and it was nice to talk to you tonight. I can't wait till after the olympics when things quiet down for you again. I am glad you get to work from home in the AM. I will write you when I can. You are one strong lady to work that much and not lose it!!!

Well Its 1:22 am and I feel like its 9pm. I think my night is shot so I guess I will lay here and stare at the ceiling. Happy turkey day ladies. Even you our little Canadian!!
Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #474  

Happy thanksgiving!

aj - hope you got some sleep! No, bf has his own place (helpful when he's in a funk) but he spends lots of time over here. He's coming down with something so our skating plans are off. I'll go join my family for a group walk at noon but may sneak in a short run before then. The new job is great - just trying to finish the old one at the same time is a challenge.

staccie - sorry things are tough! You are in such a stressful field - is there any chance that something a little less high stress might suit you better long term (after the Olympics, of course)? In any case, we are here for you - come and vent about whatever's on your mind!!

Yesterday I did pretty well for food - 1348cals. Am planning on staying within our 2300 limit - maybe less. Will come back and post about it later to stay accountable. Hope you all are enjoying your family time!
Old 11-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

happy thanksgiving! I'm so full I can't move. i feel sooo fat. I over-indulged today. Ugh. oh well. One day won't kill me... or any of us. I will get back on it tomorrow. I need to start working out more too. I definitely am not trying to re-gain. I think i will take a nap now.. gotta love thanksgiving. Talk to you all later. Hope you are all having a good holiday!
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #476  

Hope you had a great holiday!! I prob went over the 2300 but just by a little. I still feel sick!! Really sick. Today was about 90% carbs. BOOOOoooo. We did go for a walk though. Sweet triptophan (spelling??) dreams.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Alyssa-do you have weights you can strap to your wrists or legs? I want some of those.

AJ-Everything went great today and was so delicious. How did it go for you? Have fun with the inlaws?

Staccie-hope you had an ok day and got some sleep last night.

Dance-did you get that run in. I didnt even add up my calories today. I am not gonna worry about it though and get back to plan tomorrow. Probably wont see 203 this Sunday either, but I am still trying.

Neesy-I ate and ate too today, I blame it on TOM!!! I'm really trying not to regain, have been up 2 lbs the last few days, but again, I blame it on TOM.

Sandy-did you get a workout in today??

Yesterday I didnt get to walk, it was just too wet out. I did do 30 minutes of step aerobics and 30 minutes of yoga. Some yoga moves are really hard and I am just not that flexible yet, but I went as far as I could. Today was ok, but we had lots of food and I didnt restrict myself. I ate!! I did workout tonight, did step aerobics again. Sweated my butt off this morning running around getting everything ready. It was a good day though. Hope ya'll had a good Thanksgiving. I am thankful to have found such great friends in all of you!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by burgundyrayne; 11-26-2009 at 11:54 PM.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:15 AM   #478  
I'm A Work In Progress!

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Hello, ladies! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Staccie...what work do you do? I totally forgot about the Olympics being this year and didn't even know they were in Vancouver until I saw a commercial tonight. I must just be oblivious to most things because of school, work, and exercising-there just seems to be no time to really watch t.v. Anyway, I hope you are able to get through the Olympics!

AJ...what is triptophan? lol

Burgundy...I do have hand weights to strap to my hands. They look like wrist braces. Those are the one pounders. I know what you mean about some Yoga positions. Seems my body gets in the way when I try to do some of them. But, keep it up! There will be an NSV when you realize one day that you can do them better and better because of your weight loss!

Neesy....I didn't count my calories either. I figured that one day isn't bad, but even if I did go over 2300, it wasn't by much. There was, however, so much salt. I feel so dehydrated right now. And, even the leftovers that we do have, they aren't that bad because we substituted a lot of ingredients for low-cal things. Yeah for turkey leftovers. Time to make turkey stir fry! YUM!!

Well, I just got done walking three miles with weights. I need to move onto the four-mile or five-mile workout, but I can't seem to find them cheap anywhere.

Okay, it's 12:13 a.m. and I still have energy. I ran out of smokes this morning and so have been trying not to go crazy. I don't have any money until we get my check in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. So, this ought to be interesting. I've done pretty well with not trying to find the little butts that I can still smoke. If you're a smoker, you know what I"m talking about! lol I want to quit, but I'm not ready just yet. I have to be able to do it on my terms. So, it'll happen. I want to get a little under 200 first-like, 180 or 170 (my first BIG goal before I start moving down more). Okay, I've talked enough. lol Night ladies!
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:51 AM   #479  

Default 21 year old, 130 pounds lighter, I want to help others do the same!

Hi everybody!! Just like it says, I'm a 21 year old girl who's 130 pounds lighter and I want to help others with the their weight problems / food addiction too! I started my weight loss journey when I was a senior in high school and now I'm a senior in college; if i did it than anyone can.

Check out my blog!
bethanyscorner.weebly.com

bethany4588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #480  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi chicks,

Well my apartment had a waterfall through the ceiling yesterday. I just happened to leave work early for the first time in forever with the thought of having a nice night to relax and veg out - instead MORE STRESS. My closet got completely soaked - all my clothes, shoes, purses and whatever else. I stayed in a hotel last night and today it's all about laundry, drycleaning and whatever else. Oh well - you know it happens and pouting about it today won't help.

This morning I worked out with my new trainer for the first time and wow - what a good workout. I loved it. I am so happy to be in back in the gym now all I have to do is get my eating under control...and so I turn around the corner and ran smack into a guy - I looked up to say sorry and it was Bradley Cooper from the Hangover and I am like - omg. Now there is no shortage of star power here in Vancouver (they film a ton of movies here) or at my gym (it's owned and operated by Steve Nash) but to stick my sweaty smelly self to a hot man like that is not my definition of a good day!! Anyway I was like, sorry and pretended not to know him. But I kept sneaking peeks later because he truly is one hot man - I don't even care that he is a movie star.

Well all of you thanksgiving turkey girls how is the food hangover today? Hope it was a great day for everyone though!

I am working from home today in-between doing laundry and stuff - I am getting caught up at work and even if I'm not I have to take better care of myself - seriously.

Alyssa - I've venue management for the ice hockey venue at the Olympics. Big job but one I've wanted my whole career. And it's 77 days away - and when it's done, I will NEVER do another one again. It's just too much for a perfectionist like me. And you're right - when you are ready to stop smoking, you will. Hope you got through today ok!! And congrats on the walking with weights!!

Burgandy - congrats on all of the exercise - big kudos!!! I hear you about Yoga, I'm flexible but have no balance which makes for an interesting mix. I hear lots of good things about Yoga but I have yet to experience one of those 'oh yeah I love it' moments that last more than a few hours

AJ and Neesy - food hangover day - but today is a new one!!! Bet those leftovers and looking a bit sketchy heh - lol. Dance - how about you?

Well I am going to have some breakfast and get through my day. I have some weird cravings this morning - not sure what's going on. Pancakes...good thing I know a healthy version to make.

I missed being on here throughout the week. I am really going to try and make more of an effort to at least pop on a few times - it really does help and all of you are such a huge support for me. I have 77 days to get ready and then 17 days of Olympics to get through and then another 17 days for Paralympics so I better get myself healthy NOW!!!

Be back later, fingers crossed that my purse collection is not ruined...insurance would cover them - but there is no way that it will cover real value and they are worth 1000's of dollars. I know that is sad - but heh it's my thing
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote