Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning and TGIF!!! Man oh man what a week it's been! I'm so glad it's Friday!!!

MasterDelphi~ :lmao: hahaha, I never thought I'd be able to scare YOU! Man, the force is strong with TOM this month! Can't believe you slept until 5:00!! You lazy thing you!

Jacque~ Woo hoo on the loss!! That's freakin' awesome!! I'm so happy for you!!

Looking
~ Congrats on the loss girlie! Looks like changing things up helped!!

Lewis~ oh you're so right!! You are building good habits and that IS a reward in itself! Thanks for brining that up --I think we do get caught up in losing pounds so much that we sometimes forget the other positives too! The old me would have been sent running to the store for chocolate and junk this week because of TOM, but the new me--No Way! I just told TOM to kiss it and kept plugging along. No way I'm falling into old habits like binging! If I go off plan it'll be because I made the decision too (like a birthday or holiday feast or just plain because) not because I'm feeling vulnerable and weak.

Michelle~ Now I'm not going to listen to that kind of talk! Nope, not hearing it! You CAN do this! You really are close to your goal and you know what they say, the closer you get the slower you lose. So chin up! No more negativity! Consider yourself and Get out there and get it done girlie!!! Go, go, go, go, go!!!

Couch~ your dinner sounds super yummy too! I am going to do this on the bbq this weekend! The kids wanted burritos last night so it was a no go.

MsP~ Have fun this weekend! Have I mentioned how envious I am? Oh I do hope you have a fantastic time!!

Susie~ We were posting at the same time...WTG on the positive mind set! You're right!! GL on your WI on Sunday!

Okay girls well, it's supposed to be 'drier' today, although it looks like it could start pouring any second. Who knows? But I'll be hitting Sams club today and cleaning the house (always try to get it done before the weekend) and attempting some gardening. I need to haul the good soil over to the new flowerbed and mix them in. I don't have near enough, but we're going to have more delivered so I'll have enough eventually. I'm not looking forward to mixing that stuff--the dirt has so much clay in it and it's been raining for 2 days...looks like I'll be working my upper body again today!

Oh great news! The boys' room is completely clean! Every single thing is in it's place, the desk is organized, the dresser is purged and next Winter's clothes put up in the closet until needed, books on the book sheleves--properly, not just thrown up there...ahh, it's glorious! So now all of the bedrooms are neat and tidy and organized at the same time!!! OMG! That's never happened before! Well, back when we only had one kid, but not since we've had all 4!!! I'm so stinkin' happy! Now, I still need to haul all the yard sale stuff down to the basement, but that's no biggie.

Okay, well, I better stop flappin' my gums! Have a great day ladies and don't forget to

Drink Your Water!!

Last edited by iDream; 06-12-2009 at 08:19 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:50 AM   #107  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

I'm back ladies!

MasterYoda ~ Hahahaha, I laugh in the face of danger! hahahaha! Anyone? Whoopi did a voice over in that movie. Anywho, I've seen way to many kids movies. Hey you! sounds like you have an eventful day ahead and my you have been quite busy. I'm sure meditating and using the force to keep the balance of many worlds is tiring and yet you manage to keep the harmony. Bravo! I have much to learn! So got the room all clean and all groovy looking, so what are YOU gonna do to relax this weekend? Mom's been going all week, saving the world and keeping the Sith at bay...I definitely believe you have earned a day off. No worries, Obi-wan and I can take care of things. If any troubles arise, I'll go all on em!

Susie ~ That's right! Half the battle is won in our minds dear! Good call!

MsP ~ Take me with you...phuleeeeeeeeeeeze! Have fun!

Jacque ~ Man we need a Chippendale icon...you deserve some male dancers deary. on the panties and on a three pound drop. OH MY GOSH, you are sooooo close to goal now. I bet you are uber excited. I know I am for you. I wish I had the restraint to not weigh everyday especially during TOM. Urg...it's become such a habit I just can't, but it sure paid off for you.

Le ~ You know, YOU ARE AWESOME and definitely right. Just let me say I'm proud of you for still tracking everything while not POP, that simply tells me, you are committed, dedicated and determined. So how is life post cruise going?

Urockmom ~ Ah geez, I do hope you will be back soon and feeling much better. We miss ya.

Jacqui ~ You're still in my thoughts dear and I hope each day you grow stronger.

FSA ~ Good morning!

Okie dokie! to the rest of you ladies and lets bring this week in with a bang shall we?

As for me, the getting up at five wasn't to bad. Got a supergreat workout in and feeling great, but my knees are trying to tell me otherwise. Stoopid knees! My grandmother ended up coming over rather late last night so I could run to the store and it through my whole "go to bed early" thing off track so I woke up a little later than usual, but hey, that's alright. I don't know about you gals, but TOM is all out of wack for me. Real heavy, yucky one day and the next, very light. Not sure if all the exercise is affecting it or what, but I'm good for as many light days as possible. Pencil me in for three/four days every time. At any rate, it's Friday and usually, my three youngest would be leaving with the ex this weekend, but that's a no go for launch this weekend. He is being a total jerk and isn't coming..as of right now anyways. I'm so right now, if he did call, I'd go all ninja on his butt anyways. I need to regroup and find my happy thoughts. Which fortunately, doesn't take much. Yeah, so I'm overly happy, overly positive, overly quirky...but at the end of the day, that's who I am, now...and I'm quite thankful for it. Rambling again aren't I? Sorry, you ladies have a fanfreakintastic day and I'll check in later.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #108  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

Ugh. I should probably vow not to step on the scale until weigh-in on Monday, but I'm afraid if I did that, it would go all the way back up instead of yo-yoing like is is now!

I'm BACK UP A POUND this morning in spite of on-planness and a rocking dinner packed with veggies at my best friend's mom's house last night. She made a WW chicken recipe, carrots, broccoli, lima beans (LOVE) and biscuits plus angel food cake with strawberries and homemade whipped cream for desert. Fantastic, and still within my points and calories for the day. Stupid body.

In other news, DH has a phone interview for a job in a different state in an hour!! Soooo excited!!! We've been looking for jobs elsewhere for about 5 months now, more hardcore more recently, but this is the first thing that looks like it's coming together. I know, a phone interview isn't much, but we have an insider at the company who has let us know how fast they're wanting to move on this position. I mean, DH just submitted his resume at 11:55p on Wednesday, has a first call yesterday at noon and now has a phone interview. If they like him, they might fly him up for a face-to-face, and my insider says if they do that, they intend on making him an offer!!!! We'd be living apart for a while, but that just means more time to exercise, right chickies?!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

MasterDelphi~ oh I know that one! No need for Google this time: Lion King!!! Hahahaha! Who did the voice for the young Lion King? Hmm? Do ya know, do ya? Hee hee TOM has been outta whack for me since Feb. But yeah, uber weird! Super light the first day, crazy heavy the next, light, normal, gone, light...who knows. Unfortunately TOM sticks around for a full week every month--Grrr! Sorry to hear your ex is being a jerkwad--that's gotta be tough on the kids! You hang in there chickie and don't let it get you too worked up.

Glutio
~ Oh good luck to your hubby on the interview!! I know all about the phone interview/flying out for interview thing with my hubby. We've been all over the place with his job! Don't fret that pound--I'm sure it's either water or new muscle!! If you're staying OP and exercising, it's certainly not fat! Hang in there and you'll see it fall back off.

Well girls, off to Sams!! Have an awesome day!!

Last edited by iDream; 06-12-2009 at 09:40 AM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Morning Ladies, Glad its Friday. Crazymamaof4 I totally dig your word "Jerkwad". First time I have heard that one I have got to remember it when I am talking about my ex

Well off to the city this weakend to get some time with just me and my husband. Wish me luck on the eating out
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 301 / 298 / 175

Height: 5'5

Amusement of the day:

I was talking with my husband via IMs about why we both have stalled weight loss wise this week. I started talking about adding in more exercise and this follows:

ME: Thinking maybe I should cut back my calories
Or add exercise in
Not both, but one of the other
HUBBY: just a thought,
more sex?

Leave it to a man to automatically go there...
AtlGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:20 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit 6 days a week; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
Dandk0204: Lose 20 lbs
Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
Naf1008: Reach the 160s
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #113  

Delphi, thank you!

Joci, great job on the 3 lb loss!

Ladies, it's so good to see all your enthusiasm. Keep going strong! As for me, I am in a big time stall, which is not surprising. I may not have been eating enough calories or drinking enough water the last few days, but I have adhered to my goals so far, and I'm going to keep a closer eye on my calories and water today.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #114  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Didn't lose any weight this week, but I'm not going to let it get me down! to everyone here at 3FC thanks for the support!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Ok it was more like setting aside an hour and a half...

Suzy - hope you're still hanging in there!

CMo4 - it's better the same day, less time for him to worry about the boys I think! I may just take a picture of those rooms, it's divine or something ro the perfect storm, everything has to be just right for it to happen. Enjoy you're gardening.

Lauren - I'll keep my for you! It'll happen!

Blondie - super big on 199, I'm going to try and channel some of that pretty soon. Hope you're wicked proud of yourself.

Lewsiempire - congrats on plodding away, I must second what you said. It's the hard weeks that help us go the distance, if we can stick it out that is. The easy weeks, are, well, easy

LTBH - wtg on the exercise, the nice thing about plateaus is that at the end of them there is a drop off...

Delphi - yes, quite late today, because I'm not sure if you realize that in my world, you're getting up at 3am. And we will just have to hunt him down and , gently of course my TOM was super weird too, I'm usually 3 days tops and it's barely there, this month I almost passed out for the first three days and it took 7 days to go away entirely.

Jacque - that's awesome for a three days! Really it's beyond awesome, it's crackalackin'.

Susie - I too think the universe gives up those challenges to see if we're really committed. Like, let's see if she really means it....yup she's serious but we'll try again later (evil laugh).

Glutio - I hope he gets it, that would be such a relief. And living apart isn't so bad, my dh and i did it for 6 months recently and he was only home every three weeks or so, sometimes longer. The nice part is when they come home for a visit

Altgirl - I hear ya, the first thing mine did when i talked about exercising more was google the calories per hour that sex was.

I finally had time to do personals today but truth be told after my run this morning I'm not too sure I can get off this chair. I've been having a hard time getting in my calories the last two days so it's off to snack I go, I just hate eating when I'm not hungry but I know what happens when I drop below 1200... Beach was stupid cold yesterday but the kidlets had fun.

Today I think might be some outdoor playtime, some cleaning and some reading, involving, you guessed it, a chair.

Play safe everyone, and have a great day.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #116  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

DH's interview went really well! They said if the tech person doesn't see any major problems with his answers to that stuff, they'll want to fly him up! They didn't question his desired salary, mentioned bringing him up for the whole weekend so he could hang out and see the area, and mentioned he should think about what he'd need for moving costs!!! This is really so exciting!

I should mention that the tech person is actually a friend of ours. I've known her for half my life. We went to her wedding, she came to ours, DH would probably even be staying with her for a bit when he first gets up there! This doesn't mean that she'd overlook any major issues or anything, but it does give us a better idea of the whole thing. She told us before that if they fly him up there, they're 99.9% likely to offer him the job!! Wheeeeeeeee!!!

Now, I have to clean the whole house today to get ready for the cookout tomorrow!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #117  

Glutio, on the great news! I hope he gets the job!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #118  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi girlies!
Sorry I was not around yesterday. We put an offer on a place Wednesday evening and the sellers took their sweet time getting back to us with every counter offer, it is our first place, so I pretty much spent the whole day biting my fingernails (not literally though). Sadly, we could not reach an agreement and is back to searching for us.
At least I made myself exercise to help relieve some of the stress.

A question for all of you that own places: do you really *just know* when you've found the right place? The one we put an offer on was perfect on paper but it still somehow didn't feel exactly right and that's why we didn't keep pushing with the negotiations.

Anyway, gotta go get my exercise in before I get even more side tracked. I will be back later to chat.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #119  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

NSM ~ sorry to hear the deal fell through, but bravo for hanging in there and making yourself exercise.

glutio ~ Sounds good. I wish him the best of luck.

Tummy girl
~ Ya, you did personals! It's definitely hard to keep up with this group. Everyone is so active and I guess there is the appeal for me. Oh wow, at TOM taking it's toll on you. Hopefully that was a once in a katrillion type thing and you will see some regularity next time around. Stoopid TOM! Anywho, glad to see you around and I hope we see more of you this way. Hey on the running though. I covet those that can run. I know that is the next step to ramping up my time on the treadmill and I can't wait.

Altgirl ~ Hey but seriously, that's definitely a good way to burn some late night calories.

Jacqui ~ 's right back at cha!

blondie ~ Some headed your way!

masteryoda
~ Yeah, no big deal on my end, rather my six yr. old, but I haven't mentioned it yet, so perhaps he will just think it's another weekend here at home. How's the day been for ya?

Lauren ~ Hey that's how I feel. This site is great for that extra kick in the rear we need sometimes. Good luck!

As for me, finally got my Strength Training in and feeling my second wind coming on. I'm thinking about tackling my room. I have this furniture OCD where I'm constantly rearranging it. Sooooo, I'm thinking today is a high calorie day, so I need some extra activity to offset and keep my deficit. Dunno what I'll do, but I know I'm gonna get off my butt and do something. I hope you ladies are having a great day thus far.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Well ladies looks like there are some excting things going on in your lives, I hope everything falls through for you.

I am on a 3 day weekend (HALLELUIA) i know its not spelt correctly!
anyway, started off the day with my usual cycling and then cleaned the house like a mad woman... then took mom to garden center, and then came home and started planting all the trees in our yard... If you know Toronto at all then you know that our soil is made up of clay... lots of hard digging.
Anyways went for a small walk with the dog, waiting for hubby to get up (night shift) and then going for our long walk, and then will end the day sitting doing laundry and veggie in front of the tv... oh yeah and then before bed I will attempt my cycling again if I have any umph left in me....

Have a great day and a great end of the week.
lookingtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote