Old 02-18-2009, 04:00 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 179/148/135

Height: 5'9

Default New Person

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to 3fc and would love to join this challenge! This group and this format looks like the exact motivation I need to stick with my weight loss I always love a challenge!

I'm a college student who is currently studying abroad in Spain, thus I'll probably post at really weird hours...Anyway I've been struggling with body image issues for a long time and have done my fair share of fad diets...this time I want to pursue a healthy lifestyle I can maintain.

My overall goal is to lose ten pounds in eight weeks, putting me insanely close to my overall goal

I think I'm doing this right...

Water intake: 50 oz a day
Exercise! Stay with my plan of running five days a week, crosstraining one, yoga on Fridays and strength training four days a week
Eating: I'm a calorie counter who has recently realized that with my new level of exercising I need more calories...so my goal is to stay within a healthy range of 1800-2000, with some calorie cycling thrown in
Daily Affirmation: I'm taking positive and deliberate steps towards a healthy lifestyle, making this about me the person, not me as represented by a number on a scale
samandsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #32  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...so today went well (even the dishes!)

tomorrow's goals

W: 64+oz (i'm feeling a little dehydrated)
E: 2 hours cardio, 20 flights stairs, arms/abs at home, stretching am/pm
E: anyone have some good ideas on how to work fruit into a busy schedule? i can't eat citrus b/c of some stomach issues. i usually eat a banana in the morning but that's about all the fruit i get in...
D: get up a bit earlier tomorrow so i can get right on my goals

thanks everyone for the welcome--glad to be here!

Last edited by e32; 02-18-2009 at 04:23 AM.
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #33  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hurray Mindy!

Holy T I hope that you are able to fix the dvd!

Grazer, today is a new day.

samandsunshine.

e32~ preslice some apples (ok I cheat and buy them already sliced) and when you feel snacky eat those. I eat 6 times a day and fruit is two of those. Always and apple and sometimes grapes, bananas, watermelon.

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-18-2009 at 05:31 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!

Welcome New friends!

I have got to get moving this am, still trying to get back under 150. Yesterday was an OK day, although I did have a small piece of DH's Birthday cake. Still showed down for the day!

MT, congrats on the new size. I need to get my hair done, thinking of doing something different this time, but not yet sure what that is!

W 100
E Crunches, elliptical, stairs and either TJ or dreadmill tonight, maybe I will restart the C25K w Grazer & Econ
E OP!!
D I am worth it!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #35  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning!!!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. Keep plugging away, spring will be here before we know it and we will all be looking and feeling great!

MT, I can't wait til I am a 14. I'm at 195 and just got into 16 pants. I carry most of my weight in my butt and legs. It will be the last place I will lose from!

W - 64 oz.
E - Wii Fit - 40 minutes
E - Watch my carbs, stay within points
D - I CAN do this!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #36  

Height: 4'11"

Hi all, so great to see all these new faces! Having my TOM, so of course having trouble not stuffing my face. Afternoons seem to be especially tough. Going to try to fill up on veggies so I'm too full to eat junk. I hope this weekend's weigh in shows a loss. Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e32 View Post
anyone have some good ideas on how to work fruit into a busy schedule? i can't eat citrus b/c of some stomach issues. i usually eat a banana in the morning but that's about all the fruit i get in...
If you like cottage cheese I think canned peaches or pears are yummy with it. Fruit with protein powder, ice and splenda makes a great smoothie.

W 64 oz
E 30 min on treadmill
E no bites licks or tastes. Really need to do this today, or I'll end up grazing all afternoon.
D don't let TOM undo your hard work.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #37  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning ladies,
I have rehearsal tonight and workout at lunch. I made mini burgers with leanest beef possible. I've got apples for snacks and am gonna try mainly protein and veggies for dinner....as few carbs as possible. Might be burger salad tonight Jen are you still doin salad at dinner?
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Snow day for me!! Workout- done, housework almost done, and dinner is taken care of. What a great day!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #39  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Grazer- Snow day??? I am so jealous. We were suposed to get snow but it didn't show up.

Thin- Tell TOM to take a hike.

Onmyway- It was nice to buy a size 14, but 16's still work sometimes too. Depends.

MM- Go get that hair done. you deserve it.

Sam- Welcome. Hey, cute guys.

I was up to 195.2 today. I knew that mid-cycle gain was coming. Hope it keeps to a dull roar. I got 2 compliments today. One about my new silouette and the other about my shapely "hourglass" figure. Look out Marilyn Monroe.

See ya all tomorrow.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #40  

Height: 4'11"

Hi all,

Did OK, final calorie count 1500, which isn't bad considering I wanted to stuff my face all day. Which I pretty much did, just on healthy food. Gonna try to hit my 1300-1400 tomorrow. Got a lot of water in today. No exercise. Man, I suck at exercising. I wish I could take a pill instead
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 AM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Morning my friends. I hope everyone is doing well. Yesterday getting into work was like getting through airport security. Wanded, searched. . .but at least they took the threat seriously. Corporate wanted us to go down until we found out who did it, but since it was at a public computer on site, with three suspects I doubt we ever will. The other good news, I still get paid my time and a half plus holiday pay that I missed out on monday Nothing like getting paid big bucks to sit around and do nada

HolyT Yes almost every night I have a salad at dinner. I lost 10 pounds last month, This month I have seen 146, but I think that was a fluke. last night I have to admit I had chinese food, not alot, but

I woke up today with my knee feeling better. I still plan on taking ibprofen today and wearing my knee support. I may start wearing it while I run just to be safe. I also got new insoles for my boots, those should help (I hope).

Normal workday WEED for me
W 80
E extra laps, well I did pull of 10.61 miles yesterday
E1200 PLANNED calories. starting to feel my resolve slipping I need to workout
Dstick to the plan, cook a healthy dinner.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning!!

Grazer, we got snow too, but it's Winter break for schools here, so no day off. Pretty though, except for the driving part!

Mtiger, you are doing great, hit on and complimented on your hourglass figure in the same week!! Awesome!

Jeni, I have started taking one of those Osteo supplements again for my knees, it helped last time, so I hoping it will again. Nice to get paid for your forced day off. Good for you.

Thin, Good job getting your water in and sticking close to calories, I struggle with the exercise sometimes too. It seems like we can get one or the other, so hard to get it all together at the same time...

HT, how you doing girl? Dh still away?

OK, hey to the other new ladies too, but I have to go shovel Gramp out before he does it himself. (He's 86)

W 100
E Did my crunches, going to shovel, elliptical before shower and we'll see what else fits today
E OP
D I see a tankini in my future.

Last edited by mothermavis; 02-19-2009 at 06:19 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #43  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

well, yesterday didn't go quite according to plan (thank you TOM)...i didn't go to the gym but i did do my arms/abs and stretching at home. yesterday was the first day in two weeks i didn't get my 2 hours of cardio in. i was kinda bummed about breaking my streak, but i'm over it now...today i'm back on track. i did fine with my water yesterday and i did get some more fruit it (thanks for the suggestions girls).

here's today:

W: 64+
E: 2 hours cardio, arms/stretching at home
E: no TOM eating...keep up w/good choices
D: i'll get there...one day at a time...

i'm off to the gym--have a great day everyone!
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:31 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Eating not great. Too many sweets from VDay at work and too little self control. Gotta get a workout in tonight whcih will make it day 4. Hopefully the exercise will help me get the sweets and overeating under control.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #45  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

MM- A tankini??? Oohlaalaa!!! You go for it.

Jeni- What a freaky thing to happen. It is good that they are being careful.

Thin- I have been starving lately. I want to eat all day. I don't, but I want to.

I am at 195.2 and hoping it doesn't go much higher this time. That would be nice. I have dreams of seeing low 190's, maybe 189, in early March. Hey, a girl can dream.

See ya.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote