Old 02-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #91  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Hi Family

I have totally been in MIA, I am better now, and need to get back on track...I think that I will never run in the rain ..... I caught a horrible cold....and I still have a cough...but starting Monday I am going to be getting back on the treadmill. I also need to get back in to my eating good. This weekend I have homework, and so does my daughter. So, we are having an study day today, well actually study weekend. She is better now too....and she will be getting back on the treadmill on Monday as well.

I just wanted to stop in and say I will be back again more often now that I am feeling better. I haven't read everyone's success, but I do know that we have a new member....and would like to say everyone here is very supportive. I will be back later to say hi....it is good to be back. I miss ya all...

Cheers~
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #92  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Jaya, so good to have you back! I was wondering where you and some of the others had gone. What a bummer to get a terrible cold while trying to be healthier! Best wishes for good health and happy studying to you and your daughter!

I finally went in and got my first massage which was my reward to myself for reaching my first 10% loss (reached a few days ago). It was nice and relaxing! Now I have to set my next big incentive. I think it'll be clothing related. Gotta think on it some more.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #93  

Hi girls, popped in to say hi and touch base.

congrats to all of you with losses as well to all in general for being OP, eating healthy etc.

Jayaaaa Hi girl, glad to see you...I was worried about you as well as you had a nasty cold around the time you left. I am happy that you are okay now and that your daughter is too......that is the main thing! Good for you having a study weekend with your daughter wtg jaya!

msperception, your so close.....keep on truckin' : )
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 AM   #94  

Height: 5'11"

Ughh, I'm still hanging in there. The scaled registered down a measly pound yesterday but it wasn't official weigh-in day so I'm not counting it. My goal for March was to do real exercise 6 days a week. Tonight I got on the elliptical and just Could. Not. Finish. The muscles in my thighs felt completely fatigued and I've just felt tired and hungry all day. I'm guessing I should have used today as a rest day. I'm still feeling kind of cranky-hungry so I guess I'll go try to rustle up a healthy snack.

I wish the scale would budge. I think I'm doing most everything right, I think I'm just stuck. I'm feeling fitter and most of the time feeling more energetic, but today was definitely an "off" day.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #95  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello Girls! I thought I would share with you a funny little story!
Last night late, I was trying to log on to this forum, so I could check in to see the news! I am not that computer savvy, so I don't have 3 fat chicks in my favorites, or bookmarked. I was typing the name into the address bar, and it would not come up. I did however get some interesting alternatives. I was starting to get mad! Then all the sudden, I realized, I was typing in 3hotchicks.com!!! I laughed for a good long time as I read through some of your posts. I thought to myself....We are turning in to some Hot Chicks! And it sure is time we started thinking SO!
I'm still giggling about it this morning, so I thought I would send a little...
HEAT your way. Lord knows we could use some in the East! Have a great day everyone!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #96  
Back at it...again!

Yes, I like to think of myself as a HOT chick! That's funny lewisempire!

I am still experimenting with getting my body to let go of this yucky weight. Today I am upping my calories and exercise to see what happens. Wish me luck!!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #97  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls!!!

I am back from vacation and have lots of warm weather tales. Temps in the mid-70s, days on the beach, ...just awesome!!! Of course, now that I am back, we got 11 inches of snow today!!!

So, I can't say that I was OP, or even very good, over vacation. I just decided to cut myself some slack and eat what I wanted. I didn't binge, just had some chips & salsa, or conch fritters, or onion rings, or cocktails, or.....OH MY!!! I guess thinking it over I was a bit worse than I thought! I did get in three good exercise sessions so that probably helped level off the weight gain but I am up 2 pounds from the time off so I need to get my butt back in gear!!! Fortunately, today I have been OP, drinking my water, got in 40 mins of weight lifting, 35 mins on the bike, and did snow removal so hopefully things will look better tomorrow.

to all the new gals. I am going to try and get through a lot of the old posts to get to know you all.

My original goal was 5 pounds by St. Patty's Day but I think I am going to have to alter it to 5 pounds from here to be realistic but I am going to really try for a great week.

Oh, and just as a bit of a . We visited with our oldest friends and my in-laws over the break and no one said anything about my weight loss! I figured since I hadn't seen them since before I started losing, somebody would notice. Even to say, "You look good. Have you lost weight?" Nope, nada, nothing....very disappointing....

OK, girls, have a great day and I'll check back in tomorrow am.
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #98  
Back at it...again!

Glad to have you back, urockmom! What a bummer to not have anyone comment on your progress!!! I hate that! Maybe they didn't want to touch a sensitive subject or something, but still.... Oh well, you DO look great, I'm sure, so keep up the good work! Only a 2# gain on vacation ain't bad at all, sister! I could do that in a day being off plan!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Oh..... Hellooooooo Jaya and urockmom!!!

Welcome back!

Jaya: Hope you are feeling better! I missed you!

Urockmom: You lucky girl you!!! I am so glad you enjoyed it!! You deserve it!!

BTW: Your oldest friends and in-laws emailed me and told me how wonderful you look and that they were VERY jealous so they didn't say anything to you! You are awesome!!!
And you only gained 2 lbs? That is great!!!

Ms Perception: Give it a go.. I did that and I think it is working. I am down another lb. after a month long plateau. (-2) now.

Lewis: Hot chicks we are becoming! Thanks for the heat!

Windchime: Keep going! It will happen! One lb is great! Don't sell yourself short. Pat yourself on the back and feel good about that one lb that will add up to many more.

I went out with DH, DD, and her BF to dinner for DH's bday last night. We went to a Japanese Steak House. It was a lot of fun. I managed ok with the food and had a VERY small piece of Chocolate Mousse cake later. It was truly a sliver and I only ate half of it! So I got the taste and not the huge cals. At the restaurant, they take a pic of your group. I couldn't believe how I looked in the pic. I look so much smaller than I thought I did. I love looking at it. LOL Usually it is painful to look at pics of me. HMMMM..It is working!!!
This new life of mine... is fun to see all the changes.

Just like the saying goes...One step at a time...One lb at a time...

WE CAN DO IT!!!!
Do you agree? Let me know loudly!!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #100  
ISO my perfect body

Hi all! I had changed my ticker, so I had to go back and check what my actual goal was for St. patty's day. It seems like a long time ago... I am glad to see, I am getting close!!! Onederland is only 3.5 pounds away!!!!! That is so doable in almost 3 weeks!!!!! I am having my higher calorie day today, So I had 4- peanut butter cups, I know not the best choice, but I haven't had chocolate in almost 2 weeks. I thought I was dying. I logged it in to my daily plate, and realized I had only 52 calories left for dinner woops, then I was really Dying!!!!! O well, lesson learned, I got my but up and went for a long walk. I guess if the poor choices we make can be balanced out with the good choices, It is all ok in the end!!

Hattie22- good for you for making a healthy choice to eat a sensible amount of chocolate cake! As you can see, that is a lesson, I will keep trying to learn! Not always easy, so

Hi Urockmom, inlaws can be tough on a good day, so I would say they couldn't see past the "crazy life right now" to notice your success! A lot of people have a hard time seeing past there own issues! I am sure you look great, so welcome back, those 2 pounds will be gone in a snap!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #101  

Height: 5'11"

Ok chicks, I need some encouragement. I usually can spend hours here in 3FC, but I'm feeling bummed about my lack of movement on the scales and tonight it just feels like everyone is posting happy stories of weight loss right and left while I'm sitting here, firmly stuck. Tonight is the first time in a long time that I feel like saying, "Screw it" and sitting down with a huge bowl of buttered, oil-popped popcorn and a couple of beers.

I won't, but I feel like it.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:30 AM   #102  
Back at it...again!

Windchime--I have been stuck for 5 days at the exact same weight. At this point in the past I have usually given into temptation and had a terribly off-plan day or at least a REALLY BAD meal. This is my third standstill in the last couple months. Long story short: I was about to excuse a "high calorie day" (readff plan) because I'm fed up with it again!!!
But, after I came on here and read some postings by my friends here on 3FC I decided I was NOT going to undo my work AGAIN! So, today I gathered my strength and ate on-plan, while telling myself I wasn't going to work out though. I was sick of doing the work and not seeing the results. Then I went to the library with my kids and while looking at movies to borrow, I ended up checking out a new fitness DVD. I actually did a 50 minute workout (just finished) and feel amazing! It's a far cry from the frustration I was feeling yesterday.
Some times we need a break from our routine, but a healthy break. Try a new healthy food, a new workout, or something else. Now, I am no expert, but this day has been a break through for me. I don't know what kind of results, if any, I'll see on the scale tomorrow morning, but I know I feel better than if I'd given in and done some frustrated/angry eating. So, good for you for not eating something you shouldn't. Though sometimes it's okay to indulge, don't do emotional eating. It should be planned and "budgeted" for. Oh crap, I really went on there...please excuse the Have an excellent day!
Old 03-03-2009, 06:20 AM   #103  
ISO my perfect body

Hang in there Windchime!!!!! We all have bad days! If you just STAY on plan, this too will pass! ANd before you know it, things will turn around. Don't sabotage yourself!!! You have been working it!!! Get up clean something, sign up for a new challenge, go for a walk, if you are really desparate, paint your finger nails (you can't eat if your nails are wet and stinky!) If you did go off plan....(like I did yesterday) It's OK It's just a little bump, don't let it derail you.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #104  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Windchime~

It is really hard when the scale won't move. Last month I went through a 3 week long stall and fortunately the Girl Scout cookies weren't yet in or I would have eaten my weight in Thin Mints because I was so frustrated. Follow MsPerception's example and get your butt moving.

Lewisempire~You have been doing great! Only 3.5 pounds to Onederland!!!! You can make it. I know you can! Thanks for the encouragement regarding people noticing. I guess I am just frustrated because other than my husband and mother, no one has noticed that I have lost weight. Or, at least, they haven't said anything. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am doing this for me. I feel better. I am healthier. My clothes fit. Well, I actually have to buy new clothes so they fit so that is even better.

Hattie~Great job on that cake!!! Chocolate!!!

Jaya~Hope you are feeling better!!!

Oh, and I hear to you Hattie---

WE CAN DO IT!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #105  
Back at it...again!

urockmom--I LOVE that little drooly guy with the chocolate! That's hilarious!
Lewisempire--I know we 've all been bummed when people aren't noticing the progress we've made. I commented on it a couple weeks ago and then urockmom had the same thing happen. I don't know why it happens, but thank goodness we aren't doing this to impress others or we'd all want to go stick our heads in the sand! LOL

Good news here is that I broke through the stupid stall in progress. The funny thing is I seriously was concerned my scale was broken (and it's a very nice, new scale) since it didn't change one ounce. I almost would've welcomed a small blip in either direction!!
I liked the workout DVD from the library so much, I may buy it! Especially since it seems to have magically broken the 178 barrier!!! Maybe it has super powers OR maybe, just maybe, staying OP (except my one cheat meal/week) and staying active/exercising every day ACTUALLY WORKS for my body! I'm such a dork, but I can't thank you guys enough for being here. Even though it was indirectly...you all inspired me and kept me from jumping off the healthy bridge when I was frustrated!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 03-03-2009 at 11:03 AM.