Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #121  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

OK, gals, I am really feeling like I need to kick this into high gear!!

We have 10 days until St. Patty's Day and I think that I need to get myself back on track. So, I am extending a mini-challenge to all of you Irish (or at least Irish for now) chicks. Who wants to join me in losing 3 pounds by St. Patty's Day?

From wherever you are on your overall Luck O' The Losers challenge...3 more pounds!!!!

Are you in girls????
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #122  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

3 more pounds will get me to my St. Patty's goal, so I'm in! I had a blip in the wrong direction yesterday, but now I'm back to ticker weight. I've been OP and exercising, so all will be well, I know. I agree I feel like I gotta take it up another notch to see more progress! I could be choosing better foods (more veggies), so that's where my focus will be for the next few days. Thanks urockmom for the push!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #123  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
I have to get going but saw your post windchime and something crossed my mind regarding your energy level. ...

With me, I do not believe it was a lack of cals...though I thought perhaps it was a lack of carbs. I wasn't eating carbs that week ( I limit my starches etc. because I don't lose with too many of them) and thought perhaps that was what I needed as carbs are needed for energy! I was getting plenty of protein for my muscles but enough good carbs. I ate some turkey sandwiches that week for lunch (whole wheat bread) and felt much better energy wise.
OK, I'm reporting back in. FullSteam, I took your advice (at least I think I did--I'm not yet skilled at identifying "this is a carb, that is not"). The morning after you wrote that, I had raisin bran and a banana for breakfast. The last two mornings, I've changed from 1 piece of 12-grain bread with peanut butter to 2 slices with a skiff of butter and some jam.

I also realized that I was getting kind of "turkey'd out" after the incident where I just could not finish my turkey taco. So I switched back to lean ground beef and have had a couple of burgers made from that (counting all the calories, of course--I'm a calorie counter).

The third thing I did was remove the deadline for my weight loss, which means that I'm no longer an official member of the St. Patrick's Day Challenge. I realized that the goal I had set was stressing me out to the point where all I thought about was how I was going to fail the challenge, be the one who lost the least, etc. So I've removed my ticker.

And lastly, I think I drank 4 beers this week. I hadn't had beer at all since early January but I was in a nurturing mood so I bought some light beer and nurtured myself, LOL.

And.....I'm down 4.2 pounds from my Feb 27th weight, which is where I was stuck. What the.....!? Have I created a new diet, the "cheeseburger and beer" diet?! Anyway, thanks a TON to all of you who have encouraged me. Maybe I'll just be a non-official member of the challenge if that's OK?

Edited to add: I haven't updated my normal ticker to show the loss yet as today isn't my official weigh-in day. But the scales were my friend today!

Last edited by Windchime; 03-07-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: forgot to say something
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #124  

Hi ladies

urockmom, I am in! I wont know what I weight until TUesday though, no way am I going on that bugger right now! lol BUt I am in girls, let's keep on trucking!

Msperception, yayyyyy on the scale going back down! oh girls, like I said...I have not been on since that day but keeping a journal. Last time I went on I had a pretty good loss and wanted to keep myself in that good place. Oh man, you all are so encouraging, how can we go wrong? Let's rock it!

WIndchime, that is so cool! congrats on the loss! YOU did it! It may of been just the switching up you did and a few alterations. I am so happy for you! I am eager yet afraid for my nearing weigh- in,I have switched it up a bit too! yeahhhhh, putting in all kinds of tricks in there....! Keep up the great work and thanks for the feedback! Hey wait? you know what? You know how many gals left or felt bad cause they didn't meet their monthly challenges? god! too many! You hang in there and lets h elp show one another that its about more than that! much more! hugs
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #125  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
WIndchime, that is so cool! congrats on the loss! YOU did it! It may of been just the switching up you did and a few alterations. I am so happy for you! I am eager yet afraid for my nearing weigh- in,I have switched it up a bit too! yeahhhhh, putting in all kinds of tricks in there....! Keep up the great work and thanks for the feedback! Hey wait? you know what? You know how many gals left or felt bad cause they didn't meet their monthly challenges? god! too many! You hang in there and lets h elp show one another that its about more than that! much more! hugs
Hugs back atcha! I'm really happy that all you lovely gals responded to my S.O.S. and gave me some good hints on how to break the deadlock. I've been trying to still make healthy choices but be a little more relaxed and it seems to be working. I just ate half a banana and a small handfull of almonds and will go jump on the elliptical in a few minutes so that I can enjoy my small, guilt-free broiled steak for supper later. Have a good rest of the weekend, everyone!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Windchime: Congrats! Of course you can hang with us....YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE! lol

I know I won't make my goal for this challenge either. That is fine. I love meeting everyone here and having such great support.

urockmom: I'm in also. Not sure I can make 3 in 10 days but I will give it my all! My progress has slowed to a crawl but is at least moving again.

I lost 2 lbs again. The same I was last weekend. Up one, down one. Up two, down two. Up one, down two. Now I am 207 and can see the beautiful lights at
ONEDERLAND!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #127  

loving it ladies. wtg! I'm so sleepy, hitting the hay.....talk soon. Have a super weekend
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #128  
Back at it...again!

After a nice family weekend I am back to the grind and excited to finally have a Wii Fit to help keep my exercise varied and interesting!! I just got it this morning though, so I will try it out this evening and hopefully make some progress on the scale tomorrow. Only 9 days 'til St. Patty's and I still have 3# to go. I still think I can do it though!
Best of luck to all on meeting their goals and/or continued progress in the right direction!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #129  

Talking

Ms Perception: Congrats on the wii fit!!! I have to get mine back out and put it in use!

Maybe...Maybe.. I will make that 3 lbs after all. I am down to 205.

I can do it! You can do it! We can do it!
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #130  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

OK, gals, I was away over the weekend but restrained my eating so I am hoping that I am on track for the 3 pounds. I was in a huge rush this morning so I didn't weigh myself but will do so tomorrow.

Windchime!!! We are so proud of you for the loss!!! Not to worry about not making the challenge goal. I've been at this for almost 6 months and I haven't made one yet!!!! BUT, each time I have lost weight so I don't get spun up about the timeline and just try to keep on truckin'.

Hattie, FSA, MsP~Thanks for pushing me too!!!

I'll report in the morning!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #131  
Back at it...again!

Okay, new plan: Be okay with the stalling in weight loss as long as they are ALWAYS followed by a significant WHOOSH!! This is the new plan, because the old one isn't working. Wish me luck!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #132  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Checking in again
SW 224
CW 219(-5 pounds)
I got 4 more pounds to go to reach goal to lose 9 pounds total for this challenge and weigh 215~Not sure if I will reach it but I am Staying On Plan And Doing great & feeling great

Last edited by Lori259; 03-10-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #133  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Perception View Post
Okay, new plan: Be okay with the stalling in weight loss as long as they are ALWAYS followed by a significant WHOOSH!! This is the new plan, because the old one isn't working. Wish me luck!

I WISH YA LUCK!!!! COME ON WHOOSH!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #134  

Hellooooo Lucky Losers!

How is everyone doing?

Ms Perception:
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM   #135  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Well hello there ladies!!!!

Long time no type for me huh??? I am sorry, I really have been sick and had alot going on and well at one point I just kinda quit watching my weight all together and felt funny posting at all during that time frame, I am glad to see all you ladies doing well and love the tickers...you ladies rock!! I am now back on my program and feeling better ...still no high speed internet, but we are working on it, hope everyone has a wonderful day and I know you will reach your goals, together we can do anything
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote