Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Yet to be named Thanksgiving Challenge!! Invitation to ALL

Thanksgiving Challenge!!!!! Lets see What are we going to name this one? HMMMMMM I am so unimaginative that I will wait for everyone else to decide the name. So we will name it at the beginning of week two!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #2  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

I iz here...doin the turkey trot
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #3  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well I see I am the first one here today to kick off the new challenge. I need to set some new goals and stay motivated. i know things move slowly for me and I do a lot of up down action. I am learning to accept how my body works and deal with it.

Today I was down to 200.8 This months 4 pound gain is gone, for now, and I hope to get a little lower before my TOM gain. I hope that one is not too bad. Even if it is an up down trip, I will get there eventually.

Of course my current, and most important goal of the moment is to get under 200. I am so close that a simple breeze could blow me right under. So today I am going to force myself to brave the cold and get out there for another 3 mile walk. BRR!!

Look for my new goals to be set later. By the way, are we just going to Thanksgiving??
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Holyt- You snuck in before me.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #5  

Hi guys or should I say women! Hope you have room for one more. I am always up for a good challenge!
plumpnursy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Ok here goes....

W- 16 glasses or more a day

E- exercise 3-4 times a week (cardio) toning eventually

E 1500 calorie diet

D - daily affirmation may be a little hard. I'll give it a try!

Whooo hooo!
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Hi JCat, Holy, and MTig! Welcome PN and RA!

"Turkey Trot". What a great name for this challenge, HolyT!

I ended up gaining #1 last challenge. I've been maintaining 160-163 since April or May. It's time for me to get back to eating clean and exercising at last 3 times per week. I'm going to try HIIT, a type of interval training, and Yoga Booty Ballet, this challenge! I've pretty much given up on pliates and yoga for the time being. I always manage to avoid when I plan to do them.
I want to be in the 150s by the end of this challenge.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #8  

I think I'm going to give this a go. I really think I need to be a lot nicer to myself, so the fact that this has a daily goal (that can be an affirmation) is a good thing for me.

Ok here goes....

Water - Keep this to at least between 6 and 8 glasses a day. I do that already, but I never thought about challenging myself to get the proper amount.

Exercise - Continue doing Turbo, Ab, and Cardio Jam with Chalene Johnson. I love TurboJam. I feel like I'm dancing and kick boxing and before I know it, it's over and I've had a great workout. I want to make sure I do some sort of exercise that makes me sweat at least 4 times a week.

Eats - Continue to follow the Weight Watchers Core Plan. I have all of my meals from Tuesday - Friday of this week planned. I know I can do this.

Daily goal/affirmation - I definitely need to do something about boosting my self-esteem while I'm doing this or I'll fail and beat myself up. This is something that I don't think about much, but I think it's going to be the one thing that keeps me thinking good things about my health, nutrition and activity. I will probably try to set a goal to do some sort of affirmation a certain amount of times a day.

Hope this wasn't too long-winded. Thanks for reading my thoughts.
I guess I'll post here if anything changes. So until then...

Last edited by Joslynn; 11-02-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Joslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #9  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

first time i've done this weed thing-- so here goes

W--i'm going to aim for the 8-10 glasses a day since i dont drink water much now it should be good to start there

E==exercise for at least an hour a day ==i've kept it up for almost a month with only about three days off throughout so i've done well

E=== some of you have eating plans but mine is to simply eat more healthy stuff and to not finish everything i eat---and more importantly track what i eat --- oh and i've added fruits to my diet so thats a bonus and i want to keep that up ---oh and i want to force myself to pack my lunch for school so i'm not tempted to eat the junk they serve

D---right now since i dont know how many calories i'm consuming--- i'm aiming at figuring that out and finding out my calorie counts--- so for this month's challenge i want to focus on this as well as maintaining my current balance of exercise

Last edited by princess2323; 11-02-2008 at 11:13 PM.
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #10  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi Girls

I'm back! Turned out to be a crazy BF birthday weekend and I missed posting on Friday, Sat on the old challenge.

I still like "Givin' fat the bird" and "Butterball Free Me" and "Turkey Trot"Challenge. HEY... what about "Name Your Butterball" Challenge? My would be a 10lb turkey (my goal this month) named Houdini cuz ladies - he is gonna disappear!!!! I also think Wednesday should be introduction day. Give people a chance to get here and then we learn about everybody again! just a thought.

So after cocktails Friday, Disneyland all day Saturday, and BF's 33rd with all 3 big meals turning into BIG meals (+ cake) I am at my 2008 starting weight. I've clean out my workout room and have the treadmill dusted off for tomorrow morning. Got my new memory foam mattress pad. got my extra hour sleep. Got my mind set. Tomorrow morning 30 minutes on "the mill" and 10 minutes abs. BF is determined to start P90X tomorrow. I will simply try to stay of the way of his flying extremities while maybe working our with my resistance bands.

Will be on tomorrow AM for the kick off weigh in on the final countdown! I'm sooooo excited. till tomorrow!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I'm back too. glad to see some old friends and some new one's too.
I am going to get off my see-saw this challenge, no more down to 147 back to 152. I have been doing that since 4th of July!! No More!!

W 100 oz , that's 5 of the big glass I keep on my desl
E Just did C25K week 2 day 2 of the dreadmill and 75 upper and lower crunches
E OP, no more BLT's of the off plan stuff.
D I am worth this. I need to control those things that are within my grasp and let God deal with those that aren't.

PS I love Nix Mom's idea. I would like to lose a 12 pound turkey and get to the 130's by Thanksgiving!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter

plumpnursy, royalAthena, Joslyn, and princess! HIya HolyT, Mtiger, Grazer, Nixie, and MM!

This isn't a very long challenge is it. 4 Weeks so my goal is to lose 1 or 2 pounds. It wont happen if I don't get my booty back to the gym. and keeping my fingers out of the candy bowls (plural, 3 big huge bowls of candy left in my house. I am taking one and a half to work with me to get rid of!)

W 64 oz
E not much today, I will try to sneak something in during soccer.
E 1200 planned out calories (??)
D Plan out my calories and stick to it ALL WEEK> ALL MONTH>ALL YEAR!!

I am heading out to sign papers for a truck in about 30 minutes I am totally excited
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'd like to join too I would like to lose an 8-10 pound butterball.

W - 64 oz each day
E - couch to 5k (into week two now) plus something else on the other days
E - Slim Fast
D - This is a great idea! I plan to spend some time each day focusing on and feeling good about me

Why not call it the Butterball loss challenge??
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #14  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

LOLOL namin the butterball, that's funny!

I'm shooting for 5 lbs. Just 5. Maybe I can be more motivated if I just meet my first challenge of 5 lbs.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Afternoon weeders (or close enough)

Just realized I cant spell when I post at night and that my brain goes so fast that my fingers forget words. Hope you will all forgive me.

Hurray for all the newbies to our challeges! SUPER Hurray for the returning Weedettes!

Mtig - quick note - take a look at my starting weight on the ole ticker. I am counting on some weekly challenges to destroy that number. Seriously.

Holyt - paper crafter friend o'mine... any good sites for ideas, instructions on cards?

JCat, Jlea, Nchellie, Mmavis, and the new kids - Happy Monday.

I have started my day unexpectedly poorly. I really should be in a FEED group as I seem to have replaced Water with French Fries today. But its only a momentary lapse. Here's my plan before bed tonight:

W - 64oz (about 2.7 oz down so far. )
E - Turkey burgers, broccoli and rice for dinner (I can hardly wait!)
E - Make up for morning oversleepiness and get my butterball on the treadmill
D - Putting myself on project status starting 12:03pm today(Thanks Dr. Phil)

Last edited by Nixmom; 11-03-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote