Old 11-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #31  

I did okay yesterday, except I forgot to continually repeat my affirmation. I'll really have to work on that. Water was 6 cups, I didn't exercise yesterday, it was a day of rest. I stuck with my Core Plan. So, so far so good. It's my weigh-in day also. I'm very nervous. Last time I only lost .02 lbs. And two weeks before that I gained a pound both weeks. I hope Core will prove to be for me, because I love it.

Last edited by Joslynn; 11-04-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Joslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #32  

I did good yesterday! I stopped at ONE candy bar, and I credit it to me pausing and thinking about my daily affirmation. Realized one was good and I was satisfied, realized I was bored, and tried to find things to do.

I wanted to take a pause day today, but realized the nature of this challenge isn't just the fitness and food, but its all encompassing... so here are my goals for today.

W: 4-6 glasses
E: This will be optional today. I'm going to look into classes or videos (gym is starting to get boring
E: I've already bought a ton of veggies tonight, so I'll be cooking and staying away from all that bad fast food!
D: I've been on a plateau for about a month.. its time for me to try and shake it up a bit. I'm going to look at books (on South Beach).. and work on having a nice relaxing day today!

bekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #33  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!!!

199.8 Baby!!!

Yep I broke the barrier and I am stoked. As many of you know it has been a long slowly traveled road. I think I will probably bounce back over again (you know this up down thing I do) but I am going to do my best to stay under.

Becko- Fast food. So good, so bad.

Nix- Good job on the workout. Are you hanging on, cause we are rockin and a rollin.

Shari- Come along for the ride with me and Nix. We are gonna work this fat right off.

MM- You are worth it.

Econ- walky, walky.

Sassy- Say goodbye to that Butterball.

Ruth- Yeah for a 1/2 pound.

Holy- Pics? Stay tuned.

michelle- Here is to wishing those ten pounds away. okay, you might actually have to work for it. I'm not that good.

joslyn- Stick with it. It will work, eventually.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #34  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Thought I would share!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before and after 2.jpg (31.0 KB, 15 views)
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

MINDY!!!! You did do it and wow, the pictures really show it! You rock girl, good for you!!

I don't have much time today, must get to the shower, but, trying to stay focused. 2 completely OP days under my belt, open house at the high school today, no cookies!!!!

W 100 oz - got to about 85 yesterday, already got 16 down for today
E Just did day 3 week 2 of C25K, yes I restarted that for the nth time! I will also do 85 upper and 85 lower crunches before my shower and shooting for another walk at lunch today too.
E OP, and that does not include the already mentioned cookies, they aren't usually even that good! Why do I bother?
D I am worth it, I just keep repeating it!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Scale shows me down two pounds yesterday

Wednesday WEED:
W: need my 64 oz
E: Slim fast for breaky, salad bar for lunch, apple snacks and shrimp and broccoli for supper. No grazing in the evening
E: I have already done my couch to 5K run this morning (week 2 day 2 complete!)
D: Take care of me. Picture myself slim, muscular and healthy

I did OK yesterday. This cold has me felling rough. I did well with my eating and got in most of my water but I faded on the exercise part. I just couldn't make myself get on the treadmill yesterday. I probably should have done it right away in the morning but I didn't. I'll have to make a point to do my exercising tomorrow morning first thing ...
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/217/150

Height: 5'7

Tiger, awesome job!

I think I gained a few pounds of water weight and sodium this week.

Weds WEED:

W: I am going to try for 8-12 glasses today. I was bad at my election party last night
E: Trying for an hour today
E: Going to cook at home tonight. Too many times out this past weekend, so I think that's putting some weight on.
D: Repeating that I can do this, and I'm worth it.
sassygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #38  

Height: 5'6"

Yesterday went very well but it didn't show on the scale, I gained the .6 that I lost the day before I've been 174 for five days now even though I have kept my calories down and been exercising. I can tell that I am thinnner though.
Tuesday:
W-drank almost three quarts
E- 15 min on bike, 20 min strength training
E- calories around 1700
D- I am proud of myself for not overeating, counting my calories really makes me think before I eat anything

Todays goals
W- at least 2.5 quarts
E- I make take it easy today, maybe just a walk
E- watch my carbs as well as calories
D- don't get discouraged by the numbers on the scale, I know I am losing fat

econ nerd: Awesome on the 2 lbs!

mtiger: WOW! I can really tell a difference!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #39  
Calorie Counter

MINDY!!! I new you could do it!!!! and even with the bouncing scale you know that You have acheived that mark, so dont let it get you down when it does!!!!!

Alrighty now congrats on the losses econ nerd! 2 pounds is great! I cant believe I missed one day? and so many posts to catch up on. Welcome to everyone who joined!!! This will be a GREAT challenge. Are We all OK with the Lose the Butterball challenge??

Missed my 5 am wake up call for the gym. Makenna (my daughter 5) came in at 4 she couldn't sleep. Got her back in bed and fell back asleep at 445 I will try to get Tommy (my son, 3) to stay in the Y's daycare room for an hour. If not today then definately tonight Then I can workout with DH. Tommywill stay in there Mak is with him.

Quick intro to the new folks: I'm Jeni, 2 kiddos, one Husband (sometimes I think it is 3 kiddos, and no husband ) This is my 3rd Thanksgiving challenge. I have been a W.O.W since the group began and with some of these ladies since before. How long have we been a challenge group anyway? I have my ups and downs and downs and ups but always come here to post because I know there will be someone else here that feels the same. I am a calorie counter and a jogger. I did have to switch up my workout routine when running became a chore and wasn't so fun anymore. Plus my body was used to it so I wasn't burning calories efficiently. I am a cardio nut, but plan on weight lifting as soon as I hit 144 (when I am no longer considered overweight). I wont give up all of my cardio (usually 60 minutes) but I will give up 20 minutes of it. Okay I will try to post more later.

W 64 oz
E I will do atleast 30 mintues today!
E 1200 calories
D todays goal is house work and body work.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-05-2008 at 11:53 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 02:13 PM   #40  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*thump* exhausted *draaaaaaaaaaag*

I'll post later. i'm wiped out. and i haven't exercised

i'll do an intro later when i'm awake.
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #41  

WEED for today

W-over 2.5 quarts plus some herb tea
E- I was going to take it easy today but I felt good so- 20 min walk 30 minutes pilates and upper body weights
E- 1500 so far but I may have a tiny snack before bed
D- I got my laundry done
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!

So far so good, I seem to be stuck on 85oz of water or so, but that's still pretty good, so I'll take it. Somewhere I read that you should drink an oz for every pound every day, can't do that, would never get anything else done.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well, moving toward the feeding frenzy that is the end of the year. I am trying to make a plan for what to do at work to avoid all the goodies that come in. Suggestions?

W trying again for 100 oz
E Off to do my crunches in a minute, also a video. Much shorter walk at lunch yesterday, OS met me at work and took me to lunch, was very nice and I had a crab and avocado salad, so not much damage, but went only like 1/3 mile instead of my usual 2 at lunch, so today need to do the 2.
E OP, trying to stay OP, need to go to the grocery on my way home today and get some OP snacks
D One choice at a time!! My Butterball will come off!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #43  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Mornin' Weedies!

MTIGER! Onederland! Good Girl! You caught me, passsed me and left me in the dust! I'll find you!~

Good job for you too Econ!!!!

to everyone else!

I have been drowing in political sludge for 2 days. I work for a local City in management and we ended up with 3 new Council members (of 5 seats) in a town where the council has been the same, unchallenged essentially for the last 12 years. This year we had 11 people running. We also had a local utility tax (DESPERATELY NEEDED) on the ballot that didnt pass. So now I have 3 new bosses and no $ for them to work with. Hope we don't end up on the bankruptcy list. Needless to say, my WEEDing has suffered for the last 48hours. BUT,

back on track today. Here's my plan

W - 80 (gonna drown that turkey)
E - At least abs and 30 on treadmill
E - lunch at out of town meeting. Hoping for sandwiches & salad
D - Food is fuel. Focus.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #44  
Calorie Counter

Morning everyone.

MM on the water front I heard you should drink 1/2 your body weight in water (oz). But so many people vary on the water. I have gone from 128 oz in a day to 64.

WEED is working along. I really have no motivation to get to the gym right now. I hope next week is better.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 230/217/150

Height: 5'7

I did bad for yesterday as far as food goes. Today is another day though. I think I lost .5 of a pound. Tomorrow is my official weight in day.

W 80-100 oz
E Jillian dvd or taking the puppy for a walk
E 1500 calories
D I have an interview today, so I'm a little nervous. I'm just trying to send positive vibes out to the universe.

Econnerd-- sweet!!

Everyone is doing so great!
sassygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote