Old 10-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone

Lene: Yeah!!! I am so happy you have your baby back with you! Thank God for the woman who took your cat in!! I hope he gains weight and his tests come out okay!

Thank you to everyone for the support!!! It really helps!!!

urockmom: I'll hang in there if you will.

Christian: Love the balloons

SCALES: BAD!
HEALTHY: GOOD!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #77  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

lene- I am SO glad you found your cat!!! I know what a relief that must be, they are not only pets, they are our babys My original goal was to weigh in at 150 by the end, but I will try for 154, and I would LOVE to have you join me on a Christmas challenge I hope we can all stick together, you guys are like family to me now
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian View Post
I hope we can all stick together, you guys are like family to me now
I have been on countless message boards from scrapbooking, dieting, cake decorating, couponing and everything in between and I can't remember enjoying every single person's contribution to the board like I do here. You chicks are fantastic!
Thanks again for the well wishes for my furbaby, he's a sleepy guy.

I ran 5K tonight. It was very windy and cold and I was kinda dreading going out into it. It turned out to be a pretty effortless run. I had N.E. clam chowder and a hot ham and cheese sandwich on a whole wheat bagel. Clam chowder was not at all South Beach friendly but oh so good. It kept me motivated on my run. I kept repeating "skinny jeans, skinny jeans"

See ya tomorrow ladies and good luck on your goal Christian.
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM   #79  
Losing on the Beach

lene- 5k??? Oh my girl!! You rock!! And I LOVE the skinny jeans as a way of motivation to keep going...your head is in the right place for sure
And thanks so much for the well wishes, I WILL hit that goal by Thanksgiving ...I will! ( I will repeat that while on the treadmill )

Last edited by Christian; 10-21-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: I cant spell LOL
Old 10-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #80  
Losing on the Beach

Good morning ladies

I am off to a good start today and just had to stop in and spread the <<<<<<good vibes>>>>>>> I hope you have a great day too!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #81  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

I am also having a pretty good day today. Had a good night's sleep and a good workout today so I am hopeful that when I weigh in on Friday those dreaded two pounds ~ and maybe more ~ are gone forever!! I am going to try and stay away from the scale until then to avoid further aggravation.

Hattie~ I am soooo hangin' in. I just am not going to give up now. So, I have decided to kick my own butt.

Girls- I gotta say that I really don't see skinny jeans in my future but you go for it!!!

We are going out to dinner tonight so I am going to have to try and find something that I can eat. Why do they make things that should be good for you, like salad, be 800++ calories? They should be shot! *sigh* Oh well, maybe they'll have fish or something.

Have a great afternoon!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #82  
Losing on the Beach

urockmom- where you going for dinner?? Maybe I can help you with some choices if I have been there
Old 10-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #83  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Thanks Christie but it is just a local place so I will just have to make an educated guess. My big problem is that almost everything in restaurants comes with a sauce of some kind!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

Today is going well. I am staying on my plan and got my workout in. I hope everyone is doing well.

urockmom- Good luck at finding something to eat tonight. It's so hard for me to go out now. I've been trying to be more vocal and get things plain and watch my portions.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #85  
Losing on the Beach

Oh no!! Good luck sis...you can do it
Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 155/142/110

Height: 5'1

I've been MIA.
I don't know if anyone noticed but I havn't been around here for about 2 weeks I think.
So much has been going on.
I'll try and give a short version.

My mom abandoned me when I was 2, she left me with my dad who was a drug addict, I was taken away from him and grew up in foster homes.
My whole life I've felt pretty lonely and out of place without family.
I woke up Saturday morning a couple weeks ago with this message in my myspace inbox.
" This may sound strage but I'm looking for my sister Shyleen, she was born in 1987. Could this be you?"]

I replied tohim and after giving him my phone #, he called and indeed he is my brother.
Our mother left him on a doorstep when he was a baby, he said he's been looking for me for years. I knew nothing about having siblings.
He said from calling around adoption agency's he discovered that my mother had abandoned 6 more children. So there are 8 of us all together!
I was so shocked.
Since then we have been chatting everyday and it has been pretty emotional.

So....
I have been off track with the weight loss.
I havn't been exercising one bit and I've been eating pretty much whatever I want. Last night I ate a double bacon burger. YIKES!!!
I was just feeling like I couldn't concentrate ion eating healthy. My mid was so consumed with emotions and everything else.

Well I woke up this morning and thought to myself. I cannot keep doing this. I have to learn to stick with it no matter what is going on my life.
So this morning I jumped back on that wagon. I had my special K for breakfast and did 30 minutes on the elliptical.
I tell ya though, after eating whatever I wanted for that while, I am now having so many junk food cravings. I know it's goign to be even harder now.
I also gained back 1 1/2 lbs.
I hope I can make my Thanksgiving goal, but I really doubt it. I would have to lose 8.5 lbs before then, so I'm just gonna do what I can do.

Well I hope everyone is doing well, I'm sure you all are. It's so nice to have you ladies here for support.
Luckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #87  
Losing on the Beach

Shy- I missed you girl I didnt know where you went, but I am SO glad to have you back Girl it sure sounds like your life was thrown into a tailspin there for a few weeks, I know that must have been hard sis, I cannot imagine having that happen and how I would deal with it. That being said, I know that because of my hubbys vacation I had to readjust my goal so I now only have 5 pounds to lose, maybe you can do that too, and after this challenge is over, I have thought maybe we could stick together and go for a Christmas challenge one, and so on, I love this group of ladies so much I just hate to lose touch with any of you Please know I am here if you need me

Last edited by Christian; 10-22-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 155/142/110

Height: 5'1

Thank you!
How many weeks till Thanksgiving?
A christmas challenge sounds great! Sign me up!
Luckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Shyleen,
I can't even imagine how you must have felt discovering all that you have the last few weeks. I hope you and your brother can really get back the time you have lost. He must have really felt something was missing to have been searching all these years.
I think you're smart to get back on track and refocus on yourself. I wouldn't give the last 2 weeks another thought. You have been through a lot and that 1 1/2lbs will come right off again.

Christian, I think it would be great if we can all stay together too. I'm still going for 7 lbs. for Thanksgiving although I see time slipping through my fingers. I've been maintaining @ 150 for weeks now. These last 10 pounds are just plain hard to get off. I keep asking them to leave but they don't listen.

Tomorrow makes 5 weeks exactly till Thanksgiving. Safely losing 1-2 lbs a week would be between 5-10lbs. According to my math 7 pounds is possible. (I didn't even use a calculator ) And I did make a big announcement saying I would lose 2 pounds this week. That would really help. Good Luck Gals!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Just a quick check in, dropped 3.4 at yesterdays WI. Oh, turkey dinner sounds sooo good right now.
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote