Old 10-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi ya Girls!
Jen, Congratulations on the loss!

Christian, sorry you pigged out at CB. Their food is yummy. I pigged out at Texas Roadhouse Sat night. I didn't eat lunch that day and was starving by the time we went. I made bad choices. Today I was back on track and I'm glad to hear you were too.

Fullsteam, I've considered doing a modified phase 1 for a couple of days too. I'm not really craving carbs though so I'm not sure if it's necessary or not. Good luck if you do, it always helps me. Glad you are feeling better!!!!

Mkat, 32 days means I really need to buckle down. I did great up until that dinner last night. I hope you can permanently say goodbye to those pounds.

My news: Besides eating horribly last night, I ran 7.3 miles tonight then walked another 1.2 miles. I have been vigilant about my water too 4 for 4.

Best of luck everyone!!!
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #122  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

Sorry I have been out of touch over the weekend. We had a very full calendar of sporting events for the DDs. So, I did OK-ish staying OP. Saturday was a little worse than Sunday. But Sunday I did have a hot dog. I really didn't want to but I found myself putting it in my mouth. At least I only had one!

So, now at 31 days! Hmmm, can I make it? IDK, it looks like it is going to be tough. TOM is around the corner and that is at best a stall. I am going to try to be really good this week. It will be a little easier as DH will be out of town and I tend to have a glass of wine with him in the evening when he is home.

Jen-Fantastic job on the loss! With only 5 pounds to go it looks like you are definitely going to hit goal with a month to go!

Lene-Awesome job on the I am trying to get back into it using a modified C25K program and am supposed to do 3 miles today. We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone has a super Monday!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/184/150

Height: 5"1

Hello Ladies, I found lots of projects to do over the weekend to keep me away from the fridge. I was running late this morning, and forgot to weigh-in. Wednesday will be one week for me.
You ladies are doing some serious exercising, Lene, running 7.3 miles is fantastic. I'm very impressed.... I'm still working on getting through Leslie Sansone "walk away the pounds". A friend gave me an old "Firm" CD and the step thing that goes with it. Does anyone know anything about The Firm?
Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Kathy5509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone

Jen: Way to go!

Christian: Glad to hear you are doing wonderful! Way to go taking off the gain so quickly!

urockmom: Of Course you can make it chickie!!!

mkat321: Hang in there! It will go!

lene1974: I love Texas Roadhouse! It sure is hard to pick from their menu though! I think last time I went I chose the small steak and had a sweet potato w/o extras and the greenbeans. Friends ordered the onion thing and I just had to steal a few. That bread!!! I managed to stay away but it was actually painful. You can run though!!! You probably will still lose with all that work!!

Fullsteam: Glad you are better! You can do it! Go for it!!

Thanks to the advice I received from you all...I lost 2 lbs. My two week stall is gone! I have increased my calories from 1400 to 1600. I think that is why my body gave in to the loss. We'll have to see if it continues.
The Key: It is all about adjusting...your life....constantly! But that's ok. I can do it and so can you!!! Look out Thanksgiving...Here we come!!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #125  

Great job on the loss Hattie! I'm glad you figured out what worked to get past your stall.

Kathy I have not tried "The Firm" but have heard good things about it. I have tried Slim in 6 which gave amazing results but required a lot of squats and bending of the knees. I have never had great knees. There is another one called Power 90 and I loved that workout. Power yoga, kickboxing, cardio all wrapped into one session. Plus Tony the guy who instructs you, is very cute.

MY Reality
So, I haven't posted the last couple of days. That's because I have been naughty with my food. I was very driven to lose the weight the first 6 months and did really great. I think I'm pretty comfortable with my weight and I have lost some of my motivation. 150 isn't necessarily skinny but with all my exercise I think I look pretty okay. I need to find motivation. I'm doing really horrible at this challenge and normally I am extremely competitive and driven. Maybe it's because I'm in TOM or just I'm incredibly busy all the time but I need to snap out of it. The one thing I have done really well with is getting my water in, which was my mini goal this week. Anyways, maybe I should do a clean phase 1 for a week and see how that goes. I made a big pot of beef veggie soup that I can eat the next couple of days. I won't weigh myself till TOM is over plus the battery died again in my scale. 3 times in the last 6 weeks I guess I need a new scale. Sorry for my ramblings. Someone come and kick me.

I hope you gals are doing alright. I miss you.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #126  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

lene- I will not kick you hard...but here is a KICK!! I do understand where you are at though, 150 feels pretty good and at that weight it is kind of hard to keep pushing to go further as the results are really great once you have worked to hit it. You have to ask yourself one question...is this your goal?? And are you satisfied at the place your body is now?? if the answer is yes, then just continue to eat good 80% of the time and exercise at least 3 days a week to maintain and if it is not your goal then I will be sure to get my boots on and get you that kick you need to continue
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #127  

Good morning all!

Hattie - Awesome job on figuring out what had you stalled. What a great feeling to know that you are exercising so much and being so healthy that you can increase your calories!!

Lene-I am sure that it is a struggle to still keep going when you are pretty happy with how you look. But you'll ultimately feel tons better when you reach your goal. Don't just think about all that you have accomplished, think about how good you will feel when you can say, "I did this." You can do it chickie and we are here to help!! So---get motivated--we have just a month to Thanksgiving!!! Even if you don't make your challenge goal-and I am not at all sure that I will-you will still be a loser!

I did well on my exercising yesterday but just so-so on the food. I feel really sluggish this morning so I am sure that TOM is on its way. Sooo, I am going to do a big workout of weights and cardio and drink lots & lots & lots of water. (And if that doesn't work-take a nap.)

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #128  
Losing on the Beach

Way to go on the 2 pounds Hattie!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #129  
Losing on the Beach

urockmom- OOps I must have posted when you did TOM huh?? Dont you just love being a woman??? I hear ya on the nap, you can and will do this
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

I haven't been on for awhile. Things are going alright. Not the best..but ok. I spent the weekend at my mom's and it's so hard to stay on track there. Plus, I haven't been feeling that great. Better today.

I hope everyone is doing good.
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:02 PM   #131  

Thanks Christie and urock for the kick. You're both right I would like the satisfaction of reaching my goal. I was OP today with my food. I had a bad sinus headache for most of the day so I didn't get any exercise in. The weather here has been crazy the last couple of days. Fortunately, I can get a solid workout in tomorrow. Okay, okay, 1 day at a time. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. (Did that sound convincing???)

Barbara~ Sorry you aren't feeling great. I hope tomorrow goes better for you.

Urock~ So did you nap or have a motivated, life changing workout? Inquiring minds want to know.

Christie~ How did you do on your mini goal? Did you accomplish what you were hoping too?

Fullsteam, Shy, Kathy, mkat, Jen, edzard, Hattie~ Where are you???????? I hope you are all doing okay. Take care.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:20 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 346/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

(I'm confused, are there two thanksgiving challenges? Or did this move over to that other thread?)

I'm feeling motivated but very tired. It's also just weird how time flies! o.0
Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #133  

Bunny,

Yes, it is a bit confusing. There are two Thanksgiving Challenges. This thread was started about a month ago. The other started this week. We are a supportive group so you are welcome to join us-your choice!

Lene-So, inquiring minds should be satisfied. I did all of it: 45 mins, 10 miles , 45 mins . And, as TOM started this morning, it was not my imagination that I spent the whole day feeling like I was the Michelin man.

Today, I have two good things to report: 1) even with the TOM extra weight, I was not over 170 on the scale this a.m. So, even though WI is tomorrow and I probably won't show a loss right now, I think I probably have lost this week but it won't show up 'til next week, and 2) I had a 2 mile run on my schedule (of the run 4 mins/walk 30 sec variety) but I felt so good that I skipped the last 30 sec rest and THEN ran another mile to boot!!! So, I am bloated, crampy, grumpy (phone rang at 5:22 am! ), but also

Barbarajean-Feel better soon!!!

and to all!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #134  

Hiiiiiiiiiiii Ladies,

Boy, Have I missed you all! It's been a crazy week. I think I last wrote on Sunday and I was feeling okay so I thought I kicked the cold. Anyhow, that afternoon I saw that my kitty was not doing well at all, very very weak. I didn't know what would happen during the course of the night so I called his doc and being the super guy that he is, he said bring him right down and opened the clinic just for us! He gave the little guy fluids and a new course of meds (diff. ones this time) and told us he would check back with us later at night and if he wasn't any better to bring him down and we would put him on I.V! What a good man! He has helped us many times. Needless to say, kitty improved a bit that night and we only had to give him fluids on Tue. as he became a bit dehydrated. He showed us how to give him fluids at home and I am so thankful for DH, I would of been a basket case doing it on my own.
So the story continues......lol. THat sunday was awful, we were upset and even got into an argument. I woke up that next day (mon.) sick as the dickens! Dh an mom convinced me to make a doc appt. so made one for tues. THat monday night, I didn't want my protein or meal plan at all and I went off and ate P! Yes, I don't even want to spell it. I was so miserable after and so so afraid of going off plan. I worked so hard and it took me soooo long just to get started again. I thought of you all and wanted to come and write but I felt too yucky.
The following day (tue.), I dragged my tail to the docs and it turned out I have bronchitis, as I suspected at that point! While I had to wait for my prescription to get filled, I went over to the neighboring supermarket and bought foods for my plan. Thank god for the roast chickens they cook there, that was my saving grace that night. From that day on, I have been eating foods on plan though not eating quite enough or enough veggies, just doing the best I can. I have been having a thomas whole grain eng. muffin past few days as I want something dry a lot of the time. In a nutshell, this past week my eating has been erratic! I weigh in tomorrow and as long as I don't have a gain , I will consider myself unscathed from this whole thing. Good thing I had trained my appetite the weeks prior or I would have probably eaten myself out of house and home by now!

Ladies, when you cook something sometime keep in mind to maybe make a little extra and freeze it for if something arises. It would be very helpful.

Hattie, congrat on getting that scale to move again! : ) wtg!

Urockmom and lene, I hope you got through TOM okay and are feeling well. Lene, that veggie soup you made sure sounds good my lady . As for your recent post regarding eating etc., It shows how consience you are of what you are doing and I am sure you will succeed in your endeavors! Wtg on getting back on track and yes, one day at time! You can do it!

Barbara Jean, I hope you are feeling better.

Christian, hi sweety. I hope you are well and things are going good for you. Your always very supportive to us all here, you all are! You guys rock! to you all!

mkat, hang in there and keep up the good work, you are sooooooo close to onderland! Go girl! : ).

Kathy, I vaguely remember the firm tapes...I think I had them a long time ago and as I recall they are very good. I still have the old denise austin tapes, she is super! I'm a fan of hers : ). How is your leslie sansons tape? It sounds very good , keep up the good work : ).

Hi bunny, I beleive there are 2 thanksgiving challenges. There are a few of them I think. Feel free to join us : ) . I hope you are feeling better.

Well ladies, it's so good to be back here posting and what a whallop of a post! lol Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Hope you all have a terrific day and a happy one! Keep up the great work everyone, we have 4 weeks to go.....one step at a time for now, 1 day at a time. Let's rock it!
I am getting better by the way, last day of antibiotics is saturday and I hope to get out this weekend. I havn't been out to dinner in a couple of weeks and I am soooooooo ready for a night out! lol.
Talk soon, take care of yourselves
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #135  

Bunny, the other Thanksgiving Challenge was started my Eny and Melissa. I have done 2 challenges with them and they are great girls. This turkey day challenge was started weeks ago by Christian. You are more than welcome on either board. Best of luck!

Wow, urock >>>>u really do rock! Great job getting your exercise in yesterday. Yay for you, on your run. Are you doing C25K or is that another program.? I ran 3.2 today and made sure I did some hills to boot. I love running. I get such a strong feeling everytime I hit a milestone. It's so addictive.

Tonight is Trick or Treat around here. TOM and chocolate >>> Give me strength!!!