3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/153476-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

FullSteamAhead 10-30-2008 02:59 PM

Leneeeeeeeee, hi! :) I was about to log off and saw your post. We were posting around the same time. :dust: regarding TOM and chocolate!
:dust: and here is some for me too! lol. Trick or treat isn't until tomorrow night for us but there is a biiiiiiig bag of several diff. bags of candy sitting on my dining room table!. Dh bought a lot, he told me if there are any leftovers he will bring it into work! good! I already had one and promised myself no more! Have fun with the kids t onight : ). I love seeing their little costumes!

urockmom 10-30-2008 05:22 PM

Fullsteam-Wow, what a tough week you have had. I am glad that you have such a terrific vet to take care of the little guy. Bronchitis is just awful. I have had it a bunch of times and you just cough and cough and cough. Your abs feel like they have done a million crunches and you've just been laying there. Yuck! I am sure that the antibiotics will get you feeling better in no time. Meanwhile, :hug: and :getwell:

Oh, :dust: to everyone regarding Halloween candy. For myself, its Reese's PB cups, which I would not buy, but DD will come home with some. I know it.

lene-I started running 4 years ago and at that time downloaded a program that goes couch to 5K in 22 workouts. It is very similar to the C25K but you run for longer periods (4 mins instead of 90 seconds) and your rest periods are between 30 sec & 1 min. I liked it because I could be flexible about which were my off days, essential with my crazy schedule. I got to the point that I could run 5 miles regularly and kept at it for several years. Then I had some injuries and a very stressful last two years with no exercise so I am trying to get back into it. What seems to be helping a lot this time is the weight training as my legs are getting stronger faster. I am mixing up my running with a lot of other cardio to try and avoid injury and it seems to be working. :)

Hattie22 10-30-2008 07:00 PM

Hi everyone:wave:

First of all a confession: I am in both Thanksgiving challenges. I hope nobody minds. I love all of you here and the new one sounded like fun ... I couldn't help myself. You won't kick me out will you?

Fullsteam: :hugs:and:hugs:and:hugs:and, oh yeah...more :hugs: I am so sorry that you have been sad and not feeling well all at the same time! You just keep doing your best and it will pass! What is the P? peas, pumpkin, potatoes, pudding, pasta?

Lene: Trick or treat tonight? Where are you? I didn't get any candy. I really don't want to. Am I terrible if I don't? Last year I don't think anyone came to our house anyway. All the little kids have grown up and our house is not convenient for people to get to. When our kids were little we decorated our house into a haunted house. We would get the dry ice and my dh would make dummies that moved (oscillating fans). Everyone use to come to our house. Now that the kids are all grown up, we don't do it anymore. :(

I have also suffered from sinus headaches that can go into migraines. They are the worst!!! The other morning I woke up with a sinus headsche and almost convinced myself not to exercise...fearing it would get worse. I took advil and got my butt onto the treadmill. I was proud that I worked through it. I am not saying that I can do that every time I have a headache, but I just didn't want to give myself an excuse. I would have been upset at myself if it had gotten worse. I think I was lucky. So I totally understand your pain!!!

urockmom: You go girl!! Working out with TOM? Awesome!

Christian: You are the best! You are so supportive and thanks for starting this thread!!!

Gotta go do some wii fit.
PS. I treasure this thread so I hope you all don't feel I am cheating on you!

Christian 10-31-2008 08:08 AM

Good morning ladies! :D ;)

I am so sorry I have been MIA girls :hug: I have been SO busy running around with my dad and girls this week, it seems we went EVERYWHERE :lol: Plus I have been working nights at a phone bank and whew and I :dizzy: from running!

Hattie- Nobody is kicking you anywhere chic ;) I think it is great that there is more support out there, the more the merrier in my book and I am just thankful that there seems to be so much traffic on the other thread, that just means others are getting healthier too :yes:

Lene- I did great on my mini challenge, I am setting myself up for a water one this week, I have not been getting in enough so 8 glasses a day is my goal...what is yours??? ;)

urockmom- Girl...I too love peanut butter cups!!! Oh the horror...who needs a haunted house, those chocoaltes are scary enough :lol:

Fullsteam- Sending good <<<<<VIBES>>>>> to you sis, I think I am going to have a little trouble with candy at my house, so after they eat what they want of it tonight I am going to Have to take it and dump it somewhere or it seems to be a real problem for me to have here, especially that TOM :eek:

barb- Missed you girl, here are some good <<<<<VIBES>>>>> for you too...We can do it, I know we can! :grouphug:

Well I am off for another busy day..but I will be sure to check in this afternoon...lets do this ladies!!!!

Luckymomof2 10-31-2008 08:46 AM

Hi ladies
Sorry once again for being MIA
I'm a bad bad member, lol.
I get so busy with my little ones but what has kept me most busy this week is .......................
PLANNING MY WEDDING!!!!!
We finally decided to strat officially planning our wedding now that we've been engaged 5 years and have 2 kids,lol.
So now the pressure is on, I need to get skinny to start tring on those wedding gowns!

I've been doing ok with the diet and exercise. I'm like a yoyo I swear.
I do good for a few day...bad for a few days, but I know thats just not gonna cut it in the long run. I have lost 2 more lbs...I'm at 137 now. While I'm happy that I lost those 2 mlbs. I'm not happy about the fact that I've only lost 5 lbs since that start of this challenge.

I'm with yall about the halloween candy, I'm gonna REALLY have to will myself to stay out of that chocolate.

Well its 5am and I can't sleep so I'm gonna finish this coffe and go get on the elliptical before my angel faces wake up.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!

FullSteamAhead 10-31-2008 11:10 AM

Goodmorning to you all and Happy Friday : )

Girls, ty so much for the hugs, good vibes, and encouragement. It sure means a lot :hug:

urockmom, ty! Yes, it just drags on and on and it is very frustrating, I found myself thinking, "when will this thing end". The antibiotics seem to be doing the trick : ), I feel a little bit better everyday since I started taking them so I think I'm at the tail end of this thing and my spirits are lifting. Thanks girls for telling me I would get better and it would pass, I really needed to hear that and those words of encouragement helped my spirits :) urockmom, that program your doing sounds great! That's great that your getting back into it and I am so glad that you found a way to mix it up and it working for you!!! THat is super! :)

Hattie, ty as well dear lady....those hugs were awfully nice and like I said, you gals gave me a lift. Hattie, when I read your post and the part about kicking you out, I smiled! lol : ) are you kidding? NEVER! lol. Your such a pleasure to have here and I agree with CHristian (as I'm sure we all do) that your being involved in the other thread, or any thread for that matter, is wonderful!!!!! : ) We are all here for common goals and the extra support and sharing, there can never be too much of it...the more the merrier as Christian said. You keep doing what your doing, your doing great.
I am sorry to hear of your headaches and I hope they become farther and fewer inbetween, I am glad that you were able to work through it the other day. It can't be an easy thing to hop on the treadmill when your feeling like that but you did it and you managed through it, I bet you felt great after and I happy for that.

CHristian, thanks for those good vibes sis! Right back at you, to all of you. It sounds like you have been busy indeed. Being busy with dad and the girls and going "everywhere" sounds like it was fun! As for the candy, oh my goodness, I hear you. We usually manage to give it all away but if there is left over it is going to be around all weekend calling my name! lol. DH said he will hide it on me :D.

Luckymom, Planning your wedding, how exciting! : ) DO you have a date set yet? Congratulations on the loss! Though it isn't as much as you want and your having your bad days interspersed with your good ones, your still managing to control it and the scale is moving downard for you versus up, good job on that! Just keep on truckin' and working on it, you have quite the incentive now with the wedding and all :). I'm excited for you, do keep us posted.

As for me, I weighed in today and I am the same, maybe just a smidgen down. Whew! TOday marks 1 month for me and I lost a total of 9lbs. Though it would of been nice to see the scale move down this week, I am pleased that I did not have a gain. Now that I am feeling better, I am thinking to do ph1 this week, or at least Sun. through Thursday. I think it would be a good time for me to do this now, all the way around. I will need to plan my meals a few days in advance in order to be successful and pick up everything I need. My other goal this week is to hop on the treadmill sometime, which I have yet to do! I was walking outdoors before I got sick and now it is freezing out there ladies! I need to get into the groove of the treadmill and set that into motion.

I hope you all have a super day and a great start to the weekend. :)

Hattie22 10-31-2008 05:33 PM

Hi everyone :wave:

Thank you for being so understanding!

Christian: Busy is good sometimes...right? Just take that candy and give it away..right away! You will feel soooo good!

Luckymom: How exciting! When is the date? Maybe we can do a mini challenge to lose weight with you and go to your wedding. (virtually..of course)
5 Years...you have been very patient. :smug:

Fullsteam: I just wanted to tell you that you are incredible. Here you are just getting over being sick and you are here with us giving us support! You are always so kind and I can tell that is just the kind of person you are. You must have a lot of friends. May I call you friend? :smug:

urockmom: What is the C25K? I have seen that on so many posts.

:haphal:Happy Halloween and here comes November!

:bat: Let's go!:witch::sklol::frank: (sorry these things are just soooo cute!)

urockmom 10-31-2008 07:22 PM

Hi everyone and Happy Halloween!!! :spid: (OK, just the one.)

Hattie-We would never kick you out!!! (Truthfully, I don't even know how you would do that virtually.) We are all about support in all forms.
As long as you support us first. haha. just kidding. ;)
C25K=Couch to 5K program. You can learn about it here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It seems that a lot of chicks are or have done this program. Lene-you said this is how you started right? I even think that there is a specific thread for it somewhere.

Luckymom-How exciting!!!! A wedding!!! Oh, what fun! Big bride magazines, flowers, pretty dresses, oh, fun, fun, fun. You may need to shift directly from your Thanksgiving Challenge goal to your wedding challenge goal!!!

Fullsteam-So glad that you are feeling better and I so hope that you are going to get your night out tomorrow. That always makes me feel better. :)

Christie-I hope that you have had a good week even though it sounds exhausting. I find it really difficult to stay on plan when my whole schedule is messed up but I am sure you are doing great!

For myself, I weighed in this am but no change. (TOM :rolleyes: as expected) I am down 7 pounds so far with 9 to go in the month. I am really going to have to have a big week next week! I am off now to pick up DD from her friend's house where she was trick-or-treating. Oh, please, please, please have no Reese's in that pumpkin!!!

:grouphug: to all and have a great weekend!

lene1974 10-31-2008 08:07 PM

Wahoo! Almost everyone's back.

Fullsteam~ I wrote you a very deep, long and thought-provoking post last night. I went to check your response and it wasn't there so I must have hit preview instead of submit. But let me tell you, it was practically (probably) award winning material. But the gist was *sorry you have bronchitis*glad you are antibiotics*happy you are back*hope kitty is feeling better*you have a great vet*I missed you*

Shy~ Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!:congrat: So when's the big day? What should I wear? :lol: 2lbs down is wonderful :carrot:

Christie~ My goal last week was 64ozs each day. I didn't quite hit it one day but overall I drank 20x's what I normally do. Great job on getting your exercise in last week! Sorry you had a crazy week. :hug:

Hattie~ I think it's great you are in both challenges. Double the motivation. The C25K is couch to 5K and is a training program for learning to be a runner. I started it in June and ran my first 5K race Sept 14th.
About Trick or Treating I live in central PA and depending on which area you are in, it may be Thurs or Fri. I stole some candy from the kids. I won't touch it again though. I wouldn't have it in my house esp. now during TOM. It's pure evil :devil: I decided to indulge this once and be done with it.

Urock~ I was just talking to another runner the other day about getting an injury and how hard it is to get back into it. I know I have a bad knee so I try to only run every other day. I'm glad you are getting back at it again. I need to start doing more strength training on a regular basis. You're right it does help immensely.

Barb~ How are you??

Need to go exercise. I'll check in later.

Christian 11-01-2008 11:27 AM

Good morning ladies!

I had WAY to much fun last night with the girls! I am up in my weight...from Pizza :eek: and I will admit I had chocolate, my new goal this week is to NOT cheat until Thanksgiving day, Yes I said it, and I need you ladies to help remind me of that once in awhile ;)

Shy- :dance: :carrot: :banana: Way to go on the wedding!!! Congrats!!! :hug:

Hattie- 3 more pounds to your Thanksgiving goal...woooo hooo!!

urockmom- Your next weigh in will be a great one, I just know it :yes:

lene- Thanks for the :hug: I really needed it ;)

Well I guess today will be housework day UUG! But I am just hoping to get caught up a little so that next week I can start a room by room remodel for the Holidays, I am planning to take EVERYTHING out of the girls rooms and repaint them and clean their carpets by Thanksgiving...I am gonna need ALOT of willpower dust :lol:

FullSteamAhead 11-01-2008 12:27 PM

Good morning ladiesssss, happy Saturday : )

Hattie, oh you! ty for the kind words, feel the same about you and yes yesssssss :) absoultely you may call me freind! I am honored! :hug: I love your little Halloween emoticons, cute indeed!

urock mom, ty! : ) and thanks for putting that thread up there for us. Today is a pleasant and mild sunny day (in the 50's) and in a little while DH and I are going to go for a ride and get out. I like to get out in the daytime while it's still sunny. I think we move the clocks behind an hour tonight, yikes! If I don't see a gain around TOM it's usually a good sign as I will typically see a sudden drop after so hang in there and keep up the good work, I bet you see a drop after :). Congrats on the 7lbs. down so far! :carrot:

Leneeeee, that has happened to me before too! Losing posts like that is very frustrating. Thanks for all that you said. My kitty is doing much better, he is walking with his tail held high again! :) It's nice to see the little guy feeling good again! We are keepinga close eye on him and feeding him a special formula right now. I am happy to back as well and I missed you too girl :). I am very thankful to have you all here, your a super duper bunch! :hug: Ohhhhh, congrats on accomplishing your water goal last week, wtg! :carrot:

Chrisitan, you hang in there girl :hug: In my previous post when I said I had P that previous mon. night, that'ssssss what I was referring too! That is most likely temp. from the carbs and cheese and all but a good strict OP day or even 2 should have it right back down again so hang in there and keep at it!. I need to be good until Thanksgiving too and I have 3 social dinners to attend every weekend prior to thanksgiving! I am going to need to chose wisely and also be very strict inbetween. One day at a time, one day at a time. We will keep an eye out for each other, we all will.

Well my ladies, it's wonderful to see you all. I hope you all had a great night last night. We ended up having 17 kids come to the house. They were absolutely adorable! I need to go get ready, I am not sure exactly what we are going to do ...I just know I need to get out of here a bit! lol. I hope you all have a super day and I look forward to talking again soon.

Christian 11-01-2008 06:47 PM

Thanks Fullsteam :hug: I needed those kind words today, and you are right ( One day at a time) and we are going to do this :yes:

Christian 11-02-2008 09:45 AM

Morning you beautiful ladies :wave:
I am still up a few pounds from Friday but I have to say...my motivation is back in a BIG way and I feel VERY possitive and had to share that, you guys make all the difference just knowing you are here :hug:

lene1974 11-02-2008 11:44 AM

Hi Chicks! I have a little happy news. Now I have not lost a single pound (that I haven't gained back) throughout this challenge. But here's the thing.
I went shopping yesterday and grabbed a size 10 pair of jeans from the rack to try on. Well they were too big. So I go and grab a size 8 thinking there's no way these are going to fit but at least I could see if I'm getting closer. They fit perfectly. PERFECTLY! Needless to say I bought them wahoo! I tried on different brands too.

My point is this: my numbers on the scale seemed to be at a stand still (because I've been off program some days) but my body is still shrinking. So I'm still making progress.

Have a great day Ladies!

Christian 11-02-2008 03:13 PM

:carrot: GO lene go!!!!!! AWSOME!!!! :cheers: