3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/153476-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

Christian 10-07-2008 07:57 AM

Thanksgiving Challenge

Good morning to all of you Thanksgiving Challengers :wave:

Lets keep up the good work...we have 7 more weeks to hit our targets or get really close to them...We can do it...I know we can:hug:

Luckymomof2 10-07-2008 02:35 PM

Hi everyone!
I can't believe it's already been 3 week, yikes!
I still have 10 pounds to lose so I need to kick some butt.
Everyone in this challenge is doing so good. It's great!
We can do it!

lene1974 10-07-2008 03:33 PM

start weight: 150.8lbs
current weight: 150.6 lbs.
goal for challenge: 143.8lbs

I'm down .2 today. 6.8 to go wahoo!

I had some off plan stuff yesterday but doubled up on my exercise. I'm on plan today so far. I need to drink more water yet.

Good luck everyone!

Christian 10-07-2008 05:25 PM

Shy- Kick some butt girl!! ;)

lene- I am with you , I need to make sure I get my water intake where it should be, great job on being on plan today too :D

I have done REALLY good on the 2nd phase of the South Beach, I am not losing weight as fast, but I feel AWSOME and my waist is getting smaller so if I stick to this plan I should reach my goal for sure...keep up the great work ladies :wave:

urockmom 10-08-2008 02:39 PM

Wow! 7 weeks! Now I am really starting to get nervous that I have set too high of a goal for myself, especially since the scale seems stuck! Oh, well at least I'll be closer...

Glad that everyone seems to be doing so well and dropping pounds! I just wish I was joining you. :(

Christian 10-08-2008 03:18 PM

urockmom- Come on in and join us...the water is SO good here ;) :hug: You can do it :yes:

Hattie22 10-08-2008 06:10 PM

:wave: Hi everyone!

"Plan" is the key word isn't it? Plan your food, plan your exercise, PLAN YOUR LIFE!

I have tried to lose weight many times and I just now have come to realize that planning can be a lifesaver. At the age of 47, I don't know why it has taken me sooo long. At least I now am aware. Planning takes time, focus, and energy, but boy is it worth it! I love not being in front of the fridge and wondering what I can eat(usually when I am extremely hungry). Growing up in this fast paced world has made us want something now and the easy way. I choose life and health, and if that means doing it the slow and the hard way, that is what I am going to do. I guess I am rebelling against all my past behaviors...YAY! :bubbles: I can't wait for Thanksgiving... I will be more thankful this year because I have had a reawakening! Let's celebrate Us !! :celebrate: Wherever we are, whatever we look like...we deserve it!!

Luckymomof2 10-08-2008 07:52 PM

Well said Hattie!!!

Today has been great for me.
I did my exercising, my calories have been great.
I am hoping to see 139 on the scale in the morning. Wish me luck!

Luckymomof2 10-09-2008 12:58 PM

I did it!
139 this morning!!!
It's been 2 years since I've seen the 130's it feels great.
I hope I can keep losing!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

urockmom 10-09-2008 01:26 PM

:)
A good day today! The scale finally started moving again! Down 2 pounds!

Christian 10-09-2008 01:32 PM

Wooo Hoooo!! Go SHY!!!! :cheers:

And urockmom!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!! :carrot:

Luckymomof2 10-09-2008 02:32 PM

urockmom- that is so great!
I dont know why but it is like impossible for me to lose more than a pound a week.
I'm gonna have to though to make my Thanksgiving goal.

urockmom 10-09-2008 02:42 PM

Luckymom,
Don't feel bad, I lost 0.5 pounds all of last week and then the scale didn't move for nearly another week. I think it all works in strange and mysterious ways!!!:shrug:
You have been doing really, really well and I am sure that you'll make your goal!

Hattie22 10-09-2008 04:23 PM

Way to go urockmom and luckymom!!!
:cheer3::cheer2:

I have to report that:
I HAVE LOST ANOTHER POUND!
Seven to go before Thanksgiving. Maybe I didn't go high enough for my challenge...but I have a lot more challenges to go. :bike:

My favorite part of losing weight is seeing parts of my body changing shapes. Especially my stomach. I am a little concerned of the skin sagging but I still like seeing the fat melt away. Am I weird or does anyone else enjoy that part too?

Turkey day: Here we come!!

edzard 10-09-2008 07:31 PM

Hey guys I originally started in this challenge but disappeared due to MAJOR stress issues at work! I feel like I am just waking up or something and remembering the things I used to like to do! So I am back, I have not lost any but 3 weeks of heavy stress probably is a good thing I didn't gain! I am an emotional eater.

I am very motivated right now and I would love to make my goal by Thanksgiving!!! I have not seen 170s in I don't know how long! Probably around since I got married 12 years ago and started the pill (I put on 40 pounds around that 2 month time). Ok so lets get working!!! Woot! um...yeah I will go now....

Christian 10-09-2008 10:34 PM

Welcome back edzard!!! I am sure you will do fine now, just focus and know we are here for you :hug:

Hattie- Way to go on that other pound down!!! :dance: You go girl!!

I am feeling much better myself, I have noticed my back isnt giving me as much trouble and that has made a huge difference for me :yes: Also tonight at my grandmas house she said I was looking thinner in my waist area and that just thrilled me :carrot: So there is only one way to go from here abd that is onward and downward LOL...lets do this team!!

Christian 10-10-2008 10:30 AM

Well I am a little depressed this morning. I have gained a half pound back and I havent cheated at all, I know in my mind that women fluctuate, but I still feel jipped somehow, I hate that the # on the scale gets to me that way....SO I am going to ignore it the best I can and just keep doing what I have been and just increase my exercise. I am sure I will feel better as the day goes by, it is just hormones ;) I hope everyone else is having a great day :hug:

Luckymomof2 10-10-2008 12:48 PM

Edzard, its good to have you back. You can still do this, just stay focused and hang around here for motivation!

Christian, Thats great that your back is feeling better and doesnt it feel sooo good when someone notices your hard work and sees that you are looking better?
Don't worry about that 1/2 lb. I betcha its water, no doubt about it.
I know that it sucks to see the scale go in the wrong direction. I guess thats why they say to only weigh your self every 1-2 weeks.
I am a scale junkie though, I weigh myself almost everytime I step into the restroom, lol.
You have been doind INCREDIBLY good so far. DO NOT get down on yourself.

I feel great this morning.
I usualy wait till miday to exercise but I did first thing this morning.
I tell ya its a GREAT way to start the day. I feel so energized.
I've been doing real well with the eating too.
I'm a bit scared about the weekend, it tends to be when I mess up.

Hope everyone has an awsome Friday.

Christian 10-10-2008 02:03 PM

Shy- I think this weekend will be successful for you since you see that 139 on the scale again ;) You just hang in there and I know for me...knowing you guys are here to be accountable makes me be good, because I want to get on here and say ( I did it) its a great feeling to be able to post that at the end of the day and it has been keeping me 100% on track.
I am not worried anymore about that scale either, I did 40 minutes on the treadmill and my attitude changed just from that alone. I know I am doing right and it will show up there eventually ;) Thanks for the encouragment, you are just doing AWSOME yourself :grouphug:

Hattie22 10-10-2008 04:25 PM

Hi everyone:wave:

Nothing new for me to report except that I am OP and working my butt off with exercising. (well not my whole butt...darn it!) I am definitely noticing the increase in energy from exercising. My family says that I am walking a lot faster when grocery shopping. Sure..probably not stopping to look at all the yummy food.

Christian:
Hang in there! It will come off. "The force is with you!" :lol:
As long as you are OP and doing the treadmill your body will take care of the fat. Don't forget that you could also be building muscle and that is only going to help you in the long run. We have plenty of time before Thanksgiving! No need to rush. After saying all of that...I know what you mean. You work really hard and expect the weight to come off. It doesn't matter if it has been a week or a day since you lost a lb.. We want it off.

Luckymom... I tell myself to only weigh in once a week but that scale stares at me every time I go to the bathroom. I don't have the will power to stay off of it. I keep reminding myself that I have a long way to go and that this is my new way of life anyway so don't worry about the loss. It helps for about a minute.:lol:

Anyway... Have a great weekend! See you on the other side.

edzard 10-10-2008 06:32 PM

Woo hoo I lost one pound!! I am happy been at 190 for a long time now. Have a great friday all.

lene1974 10-10-2008 09:16 PM

start weight: 150.8lbs
current weight: 149.6 lbs. (-1.2lbs)
goal for challenge: 143.8lbs

Weighed myself this AM and am now in the 140's!! :D
I had a grilled ham and cheese sandwich tonight on regular white bread. Not good for my healthy carb way of life. Hopefully it won't mess with my numbers.

Congrats Edzard on losing that lb!
Welcome back to the 130's Luckymom!
Christian, don't worry about that scale. You are doing everything right, just stay true to your plan and exercise and those numbers will start falling again.
Hattie, great job getting in shape!
Congrats on the 2 lbs. Urock!

FullSteamAhead 10-10-2008 10:32 PM

Christiannnnnnnnnn, hi there girl! :) I was surfing around and came in here to see what was going on (this is where I used to hang, in the chicks challenge) and the Thanksgiving challenge thread caught my eye and lo and behold I was pleasantly suprised to see you. I would love to join you all, though I'm late...not sure how long ago you started the previous thread. I'll look at the calender and do the math from today to thanksgiving to come up with my numbers, ok? that would be great!

Hi ladies : ) I just started SBD last week, today is the first day of my second week. Sounds like you are all kicking butt....congrats to you all for the healthy eating and for the weight loss, keep up the great work. :)

Christian 10-11-2008 02:12 PM

:welcome: Fullsteam!!! :D Glad to have you here girl :hug:
I am so glad you found us, I am sure you will lose weight between now and Thanksgiving, and way to go on your first successful week on SB :wave:

Hattie...way to go on all that exercise :carrot: and thanks so much for the kind words :grouphug:

edzard- :cheers: Here is to you and that 189 on the scale ;) You earned it chic!

lene- 140s!!!!! I want to meet you there one day soon...you go girl!!! :dance:

Well ladies I have to say that today has been a VERY hard day eating wise...I have not caved in to the urges to eat like I want too, but it has been really rough , you see my hubby is on vacation and well...lets just say...he keeps asking me to have donuts and bbq :lol: I will keep reporting in to you all this week, and I think that may just be what keeps me on track ;)

FullSteamAhead 10-11-2008 09:57 PM

Good evening ladies : ), hope everyone had and is having a great saturday.

Christian, ty so much :hug: I am very happy to be here! :) Good for you for resisting that extra temptation with hubby home on vacation and all, way to go on saying no. Keep up the great work. Maybe he can hide his donuts or other snacks in a draw? I was tell mine to coverup his leftovers and put them away....I hate when it's left on the counter in plain site! I say, hide your bread please!!! lolol :). I know what you mean about posting and it helping keep you on track, I feel very much the same way. I actually confessed in one of the SBD threads that I was contemplating getting the fr. haddock with lots of ketchup at dinner tonight! lol. It did me good!

We went to dinner tonight and I got the br. haddock. I only put the lettuce , tomato and onion from the salad bar on my plate and a Tbs. of cottage cheese. Everyone else had bread and soup and had the bread on the table, offered it to me a few times (they forgot I amnot eating it) but I didnt touch it. I didn't get the potato but ordered the butternut squash (was the veggie of the night) which I did not eat. I drank water too! Now that's a real feat for me on a sat. night dinner! lol I wanted an after dinner coffee real baaaaaad, the kind with alcohol. I looked at the menu and almost got one but then didn't. It's just so early in the game for me and I have quite a ways to go so I just keep telling myslef, just 2 weeks! By the end of next week I can add in (slowly) a starch if I want.....and wine! :D

Christian, how long have you been on phase 1.5 and h ow is it working out for you?

To all of you ladies, I have read the posts and congrats once again on all of your successes, I look forward to getting to know you all.

As for me, I came up with goal of 15 lbs. by Thanksgiving (not counting the 5 lbs. I lost last week and my start date being from last fridays weigh in)
I figure I have approx. 7 weeks and hoping for and would be happy with an average loss of 2lbs. per week. Yes, I added an extra lb. for good measure, lol :)

Christian 10-12-2008 09:18 AM

Hi Fullsteam! You did wonderful at dinner girl!!! :hug:

I have been on phase 1.5 for about a week now, BUT I am not losing any weight on it as of right now, I am continuing to exercise and adding in the good carbs VERY slow, so I am hoping that it is just that TOM and I will see a loss in the next few days, Keep up the great wrk and know that I am rooting for you all the way!

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 01:47 AM

Christian, ty! :) your always so nice and supportive. I'm exhausted right now, its late so I am heading to bed. I bought the new SBD supercharged book and I was reading it! lol. I liiiiiike it a lot. Anyhow, regarding your past week and TOM and all, hang in there! I typically gain several lbs. during TOM and when on a health plan if I don't gain anything it's usually a good sign because then after I see the drop! That's great that your keeping up with your exercises, even at this time! wtg! :) Keep on trucking, I am sure you will see those results. :hug: I'm with you 100 percent! We all are. I better get to bed, will write more tomorrow.

Catch you all in the morning, nighty night everyone.

Christian 10-13-2008 09:30 AM

Morning ladies!

Well hubby will be on vacation all this week and I have to admit that I caved and had a piece and a half of pizza last night with him, the scale is up a bit but I think a phase one day will take it right off, I will do better this week, I just have too. One thing about it though, I am not going to let a slip stop me as I would have in the past, and I have all of you to thank for that ;)

Fullsteam- Enjoy your new book, Ive heard alot of good things about it :yes: and thanks so much for your support, it means alot :hug:

Well I am off to make an egg for breakfast and then I am going to clean this house like I am on a mission from the government :lol: Have a great day everyone!

mkat321 10-13-2008 10:33 AM

Good Morning Ladies :) I ate breakfast today, which is a huge NST for me. Granted it was only 2 eggs. But it was breakfast

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 10:54 AM

Good morning everyone : )

How was everyones weekend? Hope you all had a good weekend.

Hi Christian : ), love your attitude about not letting a slip up stop you like in the past (same scenario here), I think it makes a world of difference. Quite frankly, I admire you for stopping at a peice and a half...that takes restraint and on the second slice, you stopped at half ot it...that's good. I probably would of went back and nailed it! lol Pizza is my weakness and funny you should mention it because I was thinking about it last night, about how the new place offers a thin wheat crust and deaming about how maybe at some point in ph2 I could have some, I was even thinking to call them up and see if they have low fat cheese they can put on there! hahahaha :D It would be nice to get that urge out of my system but holding off for now, I'm not sure I would have the discipline with it right now and afraid I would eat much more of it than intended. So in a nutshell, good for you for just having a little bit of it and then stopping...that 1 lb. is prob just fluid and will come right off. Keep it rockin' :)

LOL @ being on a mission from the government :lol: I think they got a hold of me too!

Well ladies, I hope everyone has a great day. Wishing everyone continued success on their plans and goals.

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 10:57 AM

Good morning mkat : ). I just saw your post, we must of been posting at the same time. Great on having breakfast this morning, have a nice day :)

mkat321 10-13-2008 01:19 PM

Just nailed a 1.45 mile walk in 40 minutes with the toddler in her stroller and the dog on his lead. :) Now I'm chowing on a Fiber One bar and working on my water intake.

barbarajean2605 10-13-2008 04:21 PM

The weekend was pretty good. Especially, since I was at my mom's and it's always harder there. I lost a pound last week. :carrot: I hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Christian 10-13-2008 04:37 PM

Way to go mkat on that walk :D

Barb- 1 pound lost!!! YOU GO!!! :dance:

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 07:35 PM

hi girls : )

mkat, congrats on that walk! :)

barbarajean, congrat on that 1 lb. loss. When I go for a visit to mom and dads they want to please me and always try and feed me! lol : ) Hope you having a nice monday too, that you all are.

Christian, TOM came around today, joy of joys! No wonder my carb cravings came on like that last night. I had some beans tonight to try and curb it , seems to have worked. Thank god for the boards here, it's a tip and trick I never would have thought of on my own.

Have a great night ladies :)

Christian 10-13-2008 07:56 PM

Fullsteam- Oh the joys of womanhood ;) I too am SO glad for these boards, I think that if it wasnt for having all of you here I would cave into temptation alot! Come to think of it my hubby has brownies with frosting on the table rightnow :dizzy: And having you ladies to keep accountable to is the ONLY thing keeping me from them ;)

Hattie22 10-13-2008 09:10 PM

Hi everyone :wave:

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I was OP and exercised. I went for a gorgeous walk with DH and DD on Sunday. It was awesome! The colors of the foliage was incredible. We went to a park that had a bike and walking trail. Every time somebody passed, I would catch their eye and say hello. I probably looked so stupid because a smile was plastered on my face. I was enjoying it sooo much. Unfortunately, I was at our lake house and only go there on weekends and mostly during the summer only. I have to find a nice trail around my home. There was a group of women (6) riding bikes and all of them had big smiles and were very friendly and it reminded me of this forum. I thought to myself...What if they were also a part of this forum?
Thank you to all of you for being a part of my life. I love having this connection! :thanks:

I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2 more lbs! Although I love the drop...I am a little worried I am going to fast. Oh what the heck...I will just enjoy it while it lasts. :cloud9:

Everybody is doing a great job with losing and controlling that infamous will power! Congrats! Let's go to Turkey Day more healthy! :balloons:

barbarajean2605 10-13-2008 10:19 PM

Hattie- Congrats on the loss. :bravo: I love these boards. I know I couldn't do it without the support here.

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 10:23 PM

Hi ladies : )

Christian, the joys of womanhood alright. Thank goodness I feel better but I was a pouty mess earlier! Even though I did good and OP just felt blah blah blah........good ole TOM! I didn't get out for a breath of fresh air or my walk and was pouty about it. I called mom! lol :) big baby that I am. She was so nice. Your sick she says, your doing so good, take it easy. lol. True, tomorrow is anew day. I just got a bit depressed being cooped up but tomorrow is anew day indeed. Tell your hubby to cover the brownies and put them away , lol. I told my DH, please cover your leftovers so that they are not in plain sight , etc. etc. He has been real good but gets forgetful sometimes. After I posted earlier, I went downtairs to the scent of bacon wafting through the air..and lo and behold.........I see a plate full of bacon before me! "honey, you forgot to cover your bacon" I manage to say in a polite voice...lolol well I did good, I covered and wrapped it up and put it in the fridge! Foxy, my pom, is on a diet too now! lol.

Hattie, I thoroughly enjoyed your post! I dont think you looked stupid at all, just happy and vibrant and living life.......that is a beautiful thing! Im glad you had such a nice time , it shows! I can feel your enthusiasm and zest and that rocks! Congratulations on the 2 lbs. more lost! keep on shining :)

well well, lol......im feeling better, thank goodness! I always try and focus on one day at a time, just one day at a time. Like I said, today was not the bes t day for me but I know if i just get through the day , tomorrow is a new day. Day by day, we get closer and closer to our goals. I am so glad you guys are here...........:hug:

jessikerlaine 10-13-2008 10:52 PM

Well.... :) Reading how things are going for everyone is, for the most part, pretty darn inspirational! :)

It's been 1 1/2 weeks tomorrow on SBD, and I'm down 12 pounds! :) Yippee! I did cheat a little (very little!) over the weekend (blech, snow...), but I just really didn't feel the need to keep it up, which was nice. :) DH is even starting to eat what I'm making for myself, and liking it! :)

On the down side, DH just got laid off this morning... ugh!