3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/153476-thanksgiving-challenge.html)

Christian 10-07-2008 08:57 AM

Thanksgiving Challenge

Good morning to all of you Thanksgiving Challengers :wave:

Lets keep up the good work...we have 7 more weeks to hit our targets or get really close to them...We can do it...I know we can:hug:

Luckymomof2 10-07-2008 03:35 PM

Hi everyone!
I can't believe it's already been 3 week, yikes!
I still have 10 pounds to lose so I need to kick some butt.
Everyone in this challenge is doing so good. It's great!
We can do it!

lene1974 10-07-2008 04:33 PM

start weight: 150.8lbs
current weight: 150.6 lbs.
goal for challenge: 143.8lbs

I'm down .2 today. 6.8 to go wahoo!

I had some off plan stuff yesterday but doubled up on my exercise. I'm on plan today so far. I need to drink more water yet.

Good luck everyone!

Christian 10-07-2008 06:25 PM

Shy- Kick some butt girl!! ;)

lene- I am with you , I need to make sure I get my water intake where it should be, great job on being on plan today too :D

I have done REALLY good on the 2nd phase of the South Beach, I am not losing weight as fast, but I feel AWSOME and my waist is getting smaller so if I stick to this plan I should reach my goal for sure...keep up the great work ladies :wave:

urockmom 10-08-2008 03:39 PM

Wow! 7 weeks! Now I am really starting to get nervous that I have set too high of a goal for myself, especially since the scale seems stuck! Oh, well at least I'll be closer...

Glad that everyone seems to be doing so well and dropping pounds! I just wish I was joining you. :(

Christian 10-08-2008 04:18 PM

urockmom- Come on in and join us...the water is SO good here ;) :hug: You can do it :yes:

Hattie22 10-08-2008 07:10 PM

:wave: Hi everyone!

"Plan" is the key word isn't it? Plan your food, plan your exercise, PLAN YOUR LIFE!

I have tried to lose weight many times and I just now have come to realize that planning can be a lifesaver. At the age of 47, I don't know why it has taken me sooo long. At least I now am aware. Planning takes time, focus, and energy, but boy is it worth it! I love not being in front of the fridge and wondering what I can eat(usually when I am extremely hungry). Growing up in this fast paced world has made us want something now and the easy way. I choose life and health, and if that means doing it the slow and the hard way, that is what I am going to do. I guess I am rebelling against all my past behaviors...YAY! :bubbles: I can't wait for Thanksgiving... I will be more thankful this year because I have had a reawakening! Let's celebrate Us !! :celebrate: Wherever we are, whatever we look like...we deserve it!!

Luckymomof2 10-08-2008 08:52 PM

Well said Hattie!!!

Today has been great for me.
I did my exercising, my calories have been great.
I am hoping to see 139 on the scale in the morning. Wish me luck!

Luckymomof2 10-09-2008 01:58 PM

I did it!
139 this morning!!!
It's been 2 years since I've seen the 130's it feels great.
I hope I can keep losing!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

urockmom 10-09-2008 02:26 PM

:)
A good day today! The scale finally started moving again! Down 2 pounds!

Christian 10-09-2008 02:32 PM

Wooo Hoooo!! Go SHY!!!! :cheers:

And urockmom!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!! :carrot:

Luckymomof2 10-09-2008 03:32 PM

urockmom- that is so great!
I dont know why but it is like impossible for me to lose more than a pound a week.
I'm gonna have to though to make my Thanksgiving goal.

urockmom 10-09-2008 03:42 PM

Luckymom,
Don't feel bad, I lost 0.5 pounds all of last week and then the scale didn't move for nearly another week. I think it all works in strange and mysterious ways!!!:shrug:
You have been doing really, really well and I am sure that you'll make your goal!

Hattie22 10-09-2008 05:23 PM

Way to go urockmom and luckymom!!!
:cheer3::cheer2:

I have to report that:
I HAVE LOST ANOTHER POUND!
Seven to go before Thanksgiving. Maybe I didn't go high enough for my challenge...but I have a lot more challenges to go. :bike:

My favorite part of losing weight is seeing parts of my body changing shapes. Especially my stomach. I am a little concerned of the skin sagging but I still like seeing the fat melt away. Am I weird or does anyone else enjoy that part too?

Turkey day: Here we come!!

edzard 10-09-2008 08:31 PM

Hey guys I originally started in this challenge but disappeared due to MAJOR stress issues at work! I feel like I am just waking up or something and remembering the things I used to like to do! So I am back, I have not lost any but 3 weeks of heavy stress probably is a good thing I didn't gain! I am an emotional eater.

I am very motivated right now and I would love to make my goal by Thanksgiving!!! I have not seen 170s in I don't know how long! Probably around since I got married 12 years ago and started the pill (I put on 40 pounds around that 2 month time). Ok so lets get working!!! Woot! um...yeah I will go now....