Old 06-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #31  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the encouraging words. It's an icky feeling to think that I'm working hard, but not hard enough? I mean, I seem to have difficulty on focusing on the positive, and yes - 9 pounds should be a VERY positive thing to focus on, but instead I'm focusing on these ugly spare tires and double chin.

My official weigh-in day is on Sunday, last sunday I was 157 even, and I'd LOVE to see less!
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:40 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

Height: 5'8"

Miriam - The bottom line is this: you COULD still be at 166. In fact, you could have gained 9 pounds and been at 175. But you're not because you have worked and you have achieved.
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 AM   #33  
Keep Chuggin'

yeah vikki, you're right. still frustrated though
Old 06-13-2008, 06:37 AM   #34  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Yikes - I never work out the calories in my binges!! I just hide and pretend they didn't happen. I think I'd be too scared to see it in black and white.

Anyway, good day today - down to 151.7!

SW: 152.8
CW: 151.7 (-1.1)
GW: 147.8

Miriam - try to use that self-loathing as a motivating force. Instead of thinking "Yuck, how FAT am I?" think "I don't want to be this fat any more!"

One thing I find really motivating is trying on clothes that didn't fit a month ago and seeing how much better they look now. I have bags of clothes up in the loft from before I got pg and I get them down periodically and have a big try-on session. The ones that fit stay down in my wardrobe and the ones that don't go back up. Every single month I get to put more and more clothes in my wardrobe - it feels SO good!

Or I get out my spreadsheet and, instead of thinking "Oh God - I put on half a pound since yesterday" - I look at how far I've come!

It is difficult, but you have to think long-term. We all fluctuate but if you stick at it - it WILL come off.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:53 AM   #35  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Down 1.6 pounds this morning, and I think that is what qualifies as a "whoosh" for me since I seem to steadily eke out the ounces...

Start Weight: 167.6
Current Weight: 166 (-1.6, 3.4 to go)
Goal Weight: 162.6
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Wooshy woo!! 216.4 this AM. Hoping it sticks!

What's everyone's weekend plans? I'm going to a concert this evening, an art crawl tomorrow, dinner with Dad Sunday and YES!! going to see Pearl Jam on Monday night!! I cannot frigging wait! Of course I've got to fit in sleep somewhere!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:15 AM   #37  
Michelle the Vegan

Hugs to everyone who was having a down day yesterday! We all have those icky fat-feeling days, I hate those. We should be so proud of ourselves for fighting the good fight but it is easy to get bogged down in the negative feelings. Seems so unfair, doesn't it.

But every day that we TRY we are making progress and putting GOOD stuff into our bodies, both physically and spiritually. We need to remind ourselves that this whole thing will be a CONTINUING journey, and every minute counts!

I always liked the poem the Desiderata and there is a part that says:

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 AM   #38  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Wooshy woo!! 216.4 this AM. Hoping it sticks!

What's everyone's weekend plans? I'm going to a concert this evening, an art crawl tomorrow, dinner with Dad Sunday and YES!! going to see Pearl Jam on Monday night!! I cannot frigging wait! Of course I've got to fit in sleep somewhere!

Ooooo you have such an amazing weekend ahead! Way awesome! I'd DIE to see Pearl Jam, I'm a huge fan! I'm.... like.... working in the back yard this weekend. The only fun thing will be a picnic for Father's Day...
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #39  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hello ladies!

just finished my last exam and it WAS EASY!! woohoo... felt very confident writing about it... so much so im wondering why i havent picked the follow on class next year... hmm....

not having a fab day eating wise... oh well, i celebrated after the exam with my buddies, we all had a cooked breakfast at uni... it was sausage, bacon, egg and baked beans. nom nom nom, cant remember the last time i had one!

oh well, i have resisted the urge for golden arches today... instead im cooking a chicken breast and im gonna have it on a tiny granary roll with salad and coleslaw (reduced cal)

tonight for dinner we have salmon fillets with roasted veggies. ill do some potatoes for the boy but i shall skip those.

holding steady at 202.6 today which is cool... i measured again last night.

1/2 inch off my waist
1 inch off my hips
1/2 inch off of my left thigh (!)

pretty cool huh? clearly something is moving even if the scale isnt showing it
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #40  
Keep Chuggin'

Hey heather - have a great weekend! Sounds like you have some awesome plans! I'd like to go to a concert one day. I beginning to think of some things that "I've always wanted to..." and do them. My brother was here visiting a couple months ago and I got to cross one of those things off the virtual list - I went to a BAR and had a DRINK <a tequila sunrise, woohoo> for the first time in my life! Felt like a little kid, LOL Anyway - maybe one day I'll get to a concert, too

My plans are same as every weekend - try and get some sleep - and be largely unsuccessful

I won't weigh again until Sunday morning, and if that darn scale ain't friendly - it had better watch out - it's made of glass!!!!

Paula - WTG on your new measurements! I go to the dietitian again on this Tuesday, and that's the day I take my measurements, too! Better see some movement, although I don't feel my clothes fitting any better.

Last edited by miriam101; 06-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 272/240/140

A little bit of a move for me - down 0.5 pounds.

SW: 202
CW: 201.5
GW: 197
vikkivma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone! I am now back to this challenge,, those last weeks I've been very busy because I've moved to dominican republic for some months.. Anyway, I am finally here.. I weighed in this morning at a "new" scale.. it showed 146.. I think my scale in sweden shows some pounds more.. But anyway,, I'll use this for the next 3-4 months,,

SW - 146
CW - 146
GW - 141
theresia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #43  
Getting fit and healthy!

S/C/G: 200 / see ticker / 145

Default on the subject of body image...

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam101 View Post
I was somewhere today and sitting in front of a mirror and felt like crying - here I am, working so hard, and I'm just SO FAT.

I never really took notice of it too much before, but now that I'm making effort, I'd like to see results
Miriam, I know how you feel. There's a certain point where you suddenly really start to see yourself at the weight you are, not the weight you once were or wish to become. I know I have a very hard time not being shocked by my own image; I'm hanging on to a self-image of me at 145 lbs, soft and skinny. And I have to let that go because I'll never be soft and skinny again - to get back to being that thin I'll become more athletic and look even better. I personally think that the initial shock, while painful, can be a good thing. Firstly because as Rabsia said you can channel your unhappiness with your body into motivation. But I find that once you really accept how your body has changed you can find things you still like about your body. Maybe it's your hair, or you have a cute nose, or maybe (like me!) gaining the weight gave you a fuller bust, which can be pretty nice! Find something you can focus on as a good thing and think something like "I have gorgeous hair! I can't wait to see how it falls around my face once I lose the double chin!" Does that make sense? I haven't finished my coffee yet and I feel kind of brainless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPaula
i to feel like that sometimes, today i went shopping and when i look from the side i love the way i look, but from the front i hate it.
Funny you should say that Paula, I feel the opposite! I love how I look from the front (or the back for that matter, I like what my extra weight does for my butt! though it does make shopping difficult...) but when I see myself from the side all I can see is how my belly sticks out as far as my boobs and my chin is soft and round and verging on doubled and my arms look HUGE and have no definition. Ugh.

Isn't body image a tricky thing?!
Betsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #44  
Stepping Up

your beating me Vik!

Miriam, i go to loads of gigs and theyre fabulous!

Theresia... you are sure a jetsetter! what moves you? military or job? x

can i just chime in and say TEN DAYS TIL VACATION!!!

im excited can you tell?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:14 AM   #45  
Stepping Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsi View Post

Funny you should say that Paula, I feel the opposite! I love how I look from the front (or the back for that matter, I like what my extra weight does for my butt! though it does make shopping difficult...) but when I see myself from the side all I can see is how my belly sticks out as far as my boobs and my chin is soft and round and verging on doubled and my arms look HUGE and have no definition. Ugh.

Isn't body image a tricky thing?!
definately agree on that one! i think i like my side view because i had implants a year ago, and i like my *** anyway from the side. when i gain weight i just seem to get wider not stick out more.. weird huh? i just wish i could slim down these darn hips quicker!