Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #31  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Hello future Labor Day hotties (not to say that we all aren't hotties right at this moment, but think of our hotness potential being unleashed through this challenge. )

Anyways thanks for all the warm welcomes. This looks like it's gonna be a great challenge. Everyone here seems so nice and supportive!

nursemichelle- the fact that you took the time to not only create this challenge but also write a little something to each participant shows that you're not only concerned about your own sucess but the sucess of everyone else in this challenge, which means a lot. I can tell you're going to be a great ally. Roadblocks happen but the fact that you're still here today shows a lot about you and your dedication to achieve your goals. And there's no doubt in my mind that you'll get there with an attitude like that.

I really need a challenge to get me going right about now.
I am beyond stressed and fear using food as a comfort, like I've done for so many years.

I'm taking this functional anatomy class right now (a really, really, really hard class) and on Thursday, Monday and Tuesday there are going to be 3 tests in a row that equal 40% of our overall grade.

Plus the fact you need a C to sucessfully complete the course.

And if I don't I pretty much wasted not only my entire summer but also roughly $3000 in tuition.

So yeah...it's crunch time.

Lots of studying and hopefully I will use exercise as a way to blow off steam instead of comfort eating.

I can do this. This in itself is a test- and I intend on passing.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM   #32  

Height: 5.0

Hello All,

I would like join the challenge. I am at 140 lbs for 5 feet height.
I would like to lose 2lbs each week and a total of 16 lbs by labor day

W - drink 2 litres atleast.

E - Elliptical 40 minutes (about 300 cals 5 times a week)
YOGA stretches in the morning

D - Reverse Diet
- Good breakfast , Moderate lunch , light snack and salad for dinner

Good luck to each of you
Neelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:50 PM   #33  
No pain, no gain.

Default WEED, everyone's doing it ;)

This is my kind of general one for the entire challenge.
I'll do daily ones as well.

W - Water intake. I am going to try to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, maybe more because it's so hot out.

E - Exercise. Cardio- continue with then c25k plan, then afterwards work up to 3 30 minute runs a week and 1 day of sprintwork and agility for the sports I play after summer bball is over, resistance- lift weights working all major muscles 3 times a week, ab workout 6 times a week, other- summer basketball until early august, college volleyball preseason from mid august until labor day. Walk, don't drive to all places within a 2 mile radius of where I live. Take the stairs, no more elevator/escalator. Park in the last row in parking lots and walk (unless I'm in a hurry)

E - Eats. Slim Fast Optima diet. Allow the restrained occasional treat. NO late night snack runs once I get back to college!, keep healthy snacks on hand such as low fat yogurt, fruit, wheat thins, and rice cakes

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. I can do this because I am worth it. I can't wait to come back to college this semester and show off the new me! Clothes shopping is going to be a blast. I also want to be prepared for what my college volleyball and basketball seasons have to offer and be stronger, tougher, quicker, and jump higher. I'm so excited for every week I see myself getting closer and closer to a healthy weight. I can do this...one week at a time.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #34  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi Girls!!!

W - Goal is to drink 64 oz a day for this week. I did 32 oz I gota kick it up today and make 64!

E - Well havent been very hungry. Today i had yogurt for breakfast and snack. and a bananna.. keeping it light..
Excerise, I havent really been doing much.. cause im still sick. by the time i get home from work. im POOPED.. goal this week is get better and start working out then..I dont need a Relapse.

D - My goal is too keep going. Soo much going on my life right now. but i need to keep this weight loss moving!!!
So WATER, EAting lighter, and move more!!!!!!!!My goal this week is 2 pounds gone!
good luck girls have a wonderful day!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #35  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

wow, sounds like a good group we got here
im up another pound and a half today.. and I know its my fault I was doing great yesterday, I had only had about 600 calories before dinner.. but it was my boyfriends 26th birthday and I took him out to eat with some friends .. we ordered 2 for 1 appetizers and I ended up having 3 drinks a rattlesnake, watermelon lemonade, and long island iced tea... which of course made me eat way too much.. a handful of buffalo chicken nachos, 4 pieces of a chicken quesadilla with lots of sourcream, and 2 mini eggrolls.. then i came home and had a piece of the giant cookie I got him for his birthday which added another 300 calories.. then I got munchies again and ate some goldfish.. I feel sooooo awful.. I hate binging like that when I drink.

Well today is a new day anyway and Im not going to let it phase me.. I just need to dust my self off and try again

W - I havent been very good with this.. but I will drink at least 64 oz. today!

E - Been a while since I exercised at all :/ We have a treadmill downstairs but it is soo boring.. I might turn on FitTV and do a program later this afternoon if there is no one in my parents house

E - My boyfriend was bad and stayed home from work today.. so instead of waking up at the usual 7:30 am to give him a ride, I didnt get up till 11:30 For brunch we had this meal for 2 that he picked out.. it was 550 calories for 1/2 and I didnt even feel satisfied after now I know I will stay up late tonight, so im not sure how to spread out 900 calories for the rest of the day and night :/ we are running low on groceries so I dont have many choices. I think I will have a 2 chicken salad sandwiches at 2 pm (210 calories each) and some fruit.. then for dinner at 5 make a veggie and shrimp stirfry or some salmon with veggies.. a skinny cow ice cream for dessert.. then I will try my absolute hardest to not have caffeine or late night snacks, and be to bed by midnight!

D - My goal today is to make a meal plan and grocery list for the upcoming week! Its always easier for me to stick to that way

p.s. ~ are we supposed to post here or the chat thread? lol

Last edited by Pinkadot; 07-10-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #36  

Height: 5.0

Hello All,

E 30 minutes elliptical (300 cal)
D 1 cup milk and cereal bar for breakfast , 2 slices of whole wheat bread with chicken for lunch and another 2 slice of bread with chicken for dinner and 1 cup non fat yogurt

My goal in these 8 weeks - is to reduce refined carbs, white rice and substitute with 5-6 whole wheat/grain bread.
Neelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Another day and my dad is still in the hospital. Now the insurance is dragging their feet in the negotiations. This is the home they suggested. What is wrong with these people. At least he was approved to go there so I hope they get done bickering over the contract and get him moved in. He was bummed that he's still there tonight. I told him I working on it.

Eating was OK today. I'm not getting any snacks in and no exercise either. I have to work on changing this when things get back to normal around here. The water has also been an issue sine I'm not sure when I'm going to have to leave home. I like to be near a bathroom when I'm drinking a lot of water.

OK, I'm off to bed to rest up for tomorrow's nursing home/insurance circus. I hope we can get him all settled in early because I have a Red Hat dinner to go to in the evening. Dad comes first, but I am the Queen and should be at the dinner too. To heck with the diet. I'm having at least 1 and maybe more drinks if dad's all taken care of. My daughter will be driving so I can enjoy getting a little buzzed if I want to.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:22 AM   #38  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Morning Ladies..
im still feeling gross.. trying to keep up.. havent been eating a lot..but no excerise either. scale has not moved UP or Down..
guess i cant complain!!!
have a good day
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #39  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Default I've got a stick.....

Paula I'll bring a stick and we'll get it moving along LOL

Ok so far so good on my detox. I think I actually started the challenge at 197 lbs. I'm down to 193 and I have been exercising. BTW I'm making sunday my weigh in day. I didn't really set a "goal" for this one but I'd like to be on the 170's by the time labor day comes around. Preferably on the low end LOL. I've gotta make fruit salad for today though. thank goodness for the produce stand about 2 miles from where i work
w: 100 oz although i'm averaging 60-80 daily
e: on plan for the week
e: workout after work, walk during the day on breaks
d: mail off some goodies and go see harry potter tonight

Hope all is well

Last edited by Holyteror; 07-11-2007 at 08:27 AM. Reason: cuz i was a goofy.....
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #40  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I'm still here! I just come off of working 2- 12 hr nights in a row, now I'm off til Sat/ Sun.....well anyways, I have an appt with the orthopaedic dr. here at 1:30 so this is gonna be a quick post. I had to get up early to get there, I'm TIRED! But the two nights at work were really good. I had two really good nights.

Paula, by all means, GET to that Red Hat dinner. You know you'll go and enjoy yourself, and you deserve that. Of course I hope MORE that your dad gets where he needs to be, but I really want you to take care of PAULA and relax a bit with your friends, have a drink (or two!) and NO GUILT. Do you hear that!? NO GUILT! No worries about enjoying yourself while dad is in the hospital, no worries about you diet, just go and have a nice time. Then come online and do some drunken posting, that would be funny. Just kiddin'.

Ameg, get the heck off that scale! It's only the third day! LOL I hear ya though, on being frustrated, but, seriously don't sweat it YET!

I'll finish this, I promise! I gotta get to that appt. But I did want to say I've been ON THE PLAN for 48 hours now! NO cheats! And I went to the gym yesterday after I woke up, did 45 min cardio (split, begining and end) upper body, abs, and I'm feeling those abs today! I LOVE that muscle soreness! Saturday mornings are the Farmer's Market downtown, so I'm looking forward to checking that out this weekend.

Be back in a bit. xoxooxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

hey all im still alive and kicking, (turbo jam) im
w- im drinking all that i can
e-eating healthy a few rotten snacks , but slowly im taking those out
e- doing turbo jam, and some p 90x (when im motivated, and feel pain less )
d- everyday, im feeling better and better about myself that im doing this!!!!!!!!!!
good luck everyone!!!
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #42  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi I'm back from Dr. appt. Of course he says the ankle is healing fine, and I don't have to see him anymore. So that's good. He's a nice guy, easy on the eyes at that. Luckily, I still get to ogle him (I mean INTERACT with him) at work, occasionally. LOL

Can I vent for one minute??? And trust me, I AM NOT trying to be a trouble maker, on this website or anywhere, but COME ON.....I am really getting befuddled reading these posts from chicks who are crying because they can't lose that five more pounds to get to 115 instead of 120....can't fit into their size 0's and they feel like crap in their 2's.....These girls who really sob on here, want to just "give up" and "such a failure" and "some horrible fat cow".....I'll give ya this, I know it's a mind thing, body image and whatnot. But I just find myself not feeling sorry for these people at all. Talk to me, who was at one time pushing the limits of my size 28 jeans and wondering where would I get the next size up? Or the first time I got a size 32-34 top from Fashion Bug? Or the horrific swimsuit I was sportin two summers ago? I'm pretty proud to say that I'm a 14/16 top and a 20 bottom BTW.

Rant over. Again, I'm not saying anything about anyone SPECIFICALLY. I'm just saying.

Off to get my hair done, I figured I had an hour to kill before getting the children, SHOULD be going to the gym, but have a work thing to go to at 4 and don't want to go there all sweaty/stinky...so I called my girl up and she fit me in! Just a trim and eyebrow wax today, but that's nice for a little pick-me-up.

Oh waitaminute....let me say this too, again, without hurting anyone's feelings...We don't really need a DAILY chat thread, just a weekly one. It should run from Monday through Sunday....it was nice of you (who was that? Freeque?) to start it, but I'm just too scatterbrained to keep up with everyone on a DAILY thread, I can just refer back to the weekly one by scrolling down on my reply page.....so no offense, and nice job starting it, but if it's okay, can we just have a weekly chat thread? Or we can vote on it?

Ok, off I go....talk to you all later....oh yes WEED, fire it up
Short Day for me (work last night, sleep all day, go to bed at "normal" time)
W- I'll aim for 3 liters
E- Either gym after dinner (lower body, abs, cardio) or a nice long walk in park or around neighborhood. Need to exercise even thought I'll have nice pretty new haircut!
E- Grilled chicken on salad for dinner.
D- Get some laundry caught up, WEE, and try to enjoy my kids.

xoxoxoxoo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #43  
No pain, no gain.

Hey beautifuls!
Here's my plan for the day...

W - Water intake. 5 16 oz. bottles of water

E - Exercise. I did workout #2 of week 4 of the c25k program and later tonight I'm going to do my ab workout.

E - Eats. Slim fast shake and nonfat yogurt for breakfast, slim fast shake and turkey on whole wheat wrap for lunch, forgot to eat my snacks today (cherries and carrots- I'll eat them later tonight), pork, mashed potatos, corn, and skim milk for dinner.

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. Stop stressing. I'm doing well on studying...I just have to keep balanced and don't let the stress of these upcoming tests effect my goals. If I keep up what I'm doing to study, I'll surely pass this test.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #44  
~

S/C/G: 200/174.6/140

Height: 5'8

Well today was awesome, I tried something new for dinner ~ a tuna burger made w/ sushi grade yellowfin tuna, it was sooo good.. Went and saw harry potter at midnight last night though so I only got like 4.5 hrs of sleep! :/

W - Im already at 84 oz for the day!

E - Bad, bad, bad. I ran errands all day and then had dinner at 5 and settled in, just cant get my lazy butt up to move around..... maybe tomorrow but i have so much work to do tomorrow too

E - Done great with eating so far today, Im at almost 1300 cals, will be like 1550 with a couple more snacks for the rest of the night ~ as long as I dont go on some crazy binge which I WONT lol

D - I made my meal plans this morning and went grocery shopping for the rest of the week. Saturday Im going to a beach house that a bunch of family goes to once every summer ~ my cousin is 21 just like me and we have been best friends since we were born.. so there will be a lot of drinking going on.. BUT I will be moving at the beach body boarding and swimming, working on my tan and hopefully still eating ok! If all goes well I will be able to hop right back on the wagon when I come home Tuesday afternoon. Ill also be bringing my laptop just in case someone else has wireless internet I can leech down there
Pinkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #45  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am still hanging out, body is getting leaner, scale is meaner. No kiding I can wear a size smaller, but dang it that scale wont move. Oh well the point is healthy and a size smaller! I even got a holler by a car passing by yesterday!

I am beat. I have worked 117 hours since the first (well I will after tomorrows shift). I have even had 2 days off. I have not worked out but I am doing really well with my eating.

Oh, I got a cat. His name is Timber, my husband found him on a logging road he is so cute, about 10 weeks old, and he's a grey and black Tabby. He is the reincarnation of the cat we lost a couple months ago.

Anyhow, I gotta run and make dinner!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote