Old 12-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Talking Valentines Day Challenge

Valentines day is in 9 weeks. I was thinking that SHOULD be enough time to get from my comfortable 22's, SNUG 20's, baggy 24's and into my cuter more hip 1x, 18-20's waredrobe I have in storage bins. Anyone want to join me?

I have been around here forever, I am 37, mom of 4 sons (6 months to 16), wife, who lives in rural NV somewhere near Reno.

I was trying to figure a certain pound per week but when I don't see that number I end up giving up. BUT knowing my goal is so close, just waiting for me in my closet, I think it is much more obtainable. I don't know if donating all my "fat" clothes will be more enjoyable, or wearing nice clothes everyday will be. My plan is to get some kind of excersice in everyday. May be a dvd video or weights or walking or jump rope and stop the snacking and eatting badly.

Anyone want to join me the next 9 weeks to get to your next goal?
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There's one here Flower
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99469
Maybe we can almalgamte.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:12 PM   #3  
you can call me flower

Okay, I will check it out!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #4  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Yes definitely!
My goal is to fit comfortably into a pair of size 9 pants that are still hanging in my closet. Theyve been too tight since like 5 months after i bought them. I figure that would be about 10 pounds to be able to wear them.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:47 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

Ten pounds is so doable! It is amazing how much better clothes feel even at 5 pounds. Or how bad they feel if you gain 5 pounds. I have pants in my closet that still have the tags on them.
Old 12-15-2006, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

I would like to lose 18lbs by Valentines day! I love all these little challenges I am way to competitive for my own good and what's great is I am pretty much just competing with me with a lot of help from you ladies!

I want to wear a nice dress and fancy lingerie by Valentines day!

Angela
ajkulig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:57 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

I so miss sexy nighties! Wouldn't hubby be surprised, hmmmmm, more modivation!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:40 AM   #8  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

I would like to join here too. I'm shooting for 21 lbs by Valentines Day. Maybe the goal is a little high but I'm going to try for it. My birthday is on Feb 15 and I would love to be at goal or at least a lot nearer to it by then. Are we going to post here or where Susan suggested, or both? I would love a new red dress for Valentines.

My goals are 3 meals and a snack a day. Get daily exercise, drink more water instead of pop.
Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #9  
you can call me flower

I vote both places. I am sure we will meet more support that way. This challenge is helping me to keep away from bed time snacks! I only took one decadent bite of brownie today and realized it had more calories than most meals and I gave the rest to my skinney son, lol.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:08 AM   #10  
Shooting for Goal

Way to go flower. Nightime is my worst time of day. I'm only going to have a snack if I'm really hungry and I will try and make it a healthy one. Dinner at a friend's house tonight went well. I stayed on track so I'm pleased.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

Isn't it amazing how different everyone eats. I love and hate eatting at friends homes. I love to see things thru someone else's eyes but at the same time, some people are soooo far off the healthy track it is scary. Or of course they have different ideas on what is good or healthy or perhaps way healthy, lol. Or just way gross. I am not that adventuresome of an eatter.

I can take my rings off and on with no REAL effort now. This is compared to having to wait til my hands were freezing and still needing vaseline or lotion. A nice victory. I want my next one to be is to toss out my stretched out undies. Not quit to that point, cause I HATE tight elastic on undies.

When I make my valentine's Goal, I will definately need to shop for new ones. I CAN NOT wait! And no multi packs from Walmart either!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/235/150

Height: 5'3

Can I join too?? I would love to lose 15 pounds by then, heck what am I thinking I would love to lose ANYTHNG!! any count me in!!
WannaBpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Me, too!

I want to join, too! I am a senior in college and the freshman 15 turned into the Senior 30! My goal will be to lose 7 pounds, as well as do at least 4 hours of intentional cardio a week.
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:19 AM   #14  
Shooting for Goal

flower: Congratulations on being able to get your rings off. In the past mine got so tight I had to have them cut off. After losing 50 lbs mine are now loose.

I'm not a brave eater . I like fairly basic foods. Dinner was at my best friend's house so she has stuff I eat.

I burst out laughing about your undies. I didn't realize how baggy mine had got in the butt. My husband pointed it out to me and insisted I go buy some new nice ones. When I saw my baggy underwear in the mirror I had to laugh and agree with him. Don't wait to long. I as jogging a bit one day and mine started falling down. Thankfully I was close to home.

With Christmas quickly approaching, I'm getting so busy I'm finding it harder to fit in my exercise but I have been doing it

Welcome WannaBpretty and LittleElectron.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:33 AM   #15  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

I'd love to join - I want to do something REALLY special for my bf and for myself
for him I'd wear something sexy
for me, I'd be able to FIT in something sexy!
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote