Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-31-2006, 05:10 PM   #1  

Unhappy What the?....please tell me why!

so since february, I have lost 30 pounds, from 190 now down to 162, but this is the deal....
I am still wearing the same size 12 pants!!!!!
What is going on? I am soooo depressed about this, when the reality sinks in, I really wanna lose it, and when that happens, the thought of binging is first on my list of priorities (I haven't but I sooo wanna). can anyone tell me why there has been such a significant weight loss, but no change in pant size? this is super frustrating, any thoughts, help or ideas would be totally awesome
thanks,
-Maeble-
maeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:26 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

There could be a couple of things...

First of all pants can be different sizes from different stores/cpmpanies etc...Your size can depend more on the size of your butt, the size of your wait or like me the size of your thighs. You could be losing in different areas but not the main area that for YOU dictates your pant size.

Did you take your measurements in Feb? I find this is much better for tracking progress. I found that when I started taking weight off it came off my boobs first then my hip/butt area...maybe you are losing from different areas?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #3  
Shooting for Goal

Height: 5' 6"

The only thing I can think of is possibly you have been wearing stretch pants and you had them super stretched out. The size 12's must be looser. I have to lose 20 lbs before I go down a pant size. Can you get into a smaller top? Maybe you are losing more on the top first. Hang in there and don't get discouraged. You have got to look better with losing 30 lbs. Congratulations on your weight loss
Kokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 AM   #4  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Mmhh, couldnīt come up with a new explanation....But in my opinion itīs most likely that you lost the pounds in different areas of your body. Like back, collarbones, face......not so much loss in the belly area.

Or the jeans shrinked. Was it a new one? First journey in dry cleaner?

Or maybe there are little pixies who are knitting your jeans tighter each night....

Congratulations on your weight loss so far!!!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/156/143

Height: 177 cm (5ft10in)

I found that I could still wear the same size pants for a long time after I had even lost 50 pounds. I didn't lose any size, I just got mushy but my skin is the same amount of space it was just less densely packed fat. It will start going down eventually though. It also depends on where your body likes to store fat in general. I've lost 71 pounds and have moved down just 2 pant sizes.
lewelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 AM   #6  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewelaine
I found that I could still wear the same size pants for a long time after I had even lost 50 pounds. I didn't lose any size, I just got mushy but my skin is the same amount of space it was just less densely packed fat. It will start going down eventually though. It also depends on where your body likes to store fat in general. I've lost 71 pounds and have moved down just 2 pant sizes.
First: Congratulations on your incredible weight loss!!

I expirienced the opposite: the numbers on my scale donīt move much. Thatīs quite depressing for me sometimes....But I am down more than one dress size!

Kate
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

OK, so my pant size is down but my bra size is virtually the same. I feel like I am going to tip over.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #8  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I too have to lose about 18-20 for a pant size. I don't go by that either. I have clothes that fit me now that range from size 14-20. Take your measurments that is a clue you are going in the right direction.
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/186/155

Height: 5'9"

Maeble,

I have the same problem! I carry all of my excess weight on the bottom half of my body. So though I lose the excess weight, my pant sizes do not dramatically change that fast. It can be frustrating to say the least, but there is a difference in the way you look in the pants. At 30lbs heavier those babies had to be a lot tighter than they are now. There is a big difference in just getting into a size 12, and being a small size 12. Well, there is for me at least. No matter, DON'T give up! And when I finally get 30lbs. down and I am crying the blues about my pants still fitting me, give me a good kick in the pants (no pun intended).
EverHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:34 AM   #10  
hara hachi bu

It took me a good 30 pounds to lose a size, too. Some people claim 10 or 20 pounds per size, but for me it's at least 30. Hang in there, it'll happen.

freiamaya, I haven't lost much breast, either. I took my measurements and the bustline has gone down a few inches, but I'm still wearing the same bras. It's kind of frustrating, but I'd rather lose the weight how my body wants to lose it than not lose it at all. I'm hoping the breast fat is the last to come off or something.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote