South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #1  

Default PLease tell me why you like SB?

Please tell me why you like SB.I am wanting to find something that I can stick with. Do you suggest starting with the Phase One? I need to lose about 85 lbs.Thanks for your help.
Patricia
Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #2  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

i'm fairly new and still in phase 1 but i really like sb. for starters i had 80 lbs to lose and after 12 days on phase one am already down 14 lbs. thats just a bonus, i am not craving anything i was a very big mashed potatoes and mountain dew person and haven't missed either one and with the newest food list and the recipes on here even my family (who are allergic to diet food) like most of them. there is really no measuring with the possible exception of nuts and olives and i can easily eat until i am full. you should never be hungry on this plan...thats the best part i don't feel like i'm dieting just eating healthier and you end up eating more calories and still losing weight.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #3  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

It is something I can stick with the rest of my life, I don't feel deprived at all after the cravings were gone-did I mention it prevents cravings?! he sbd plan is great- and teaches you how to EAT HEALTHY, thus you will lose weight.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I just started ph2. Lost 10 pounds on ph1. I've done Weight Watchers and hated measuring and weighing my food. It became an obsession. On SBD, you just eat -- from your list, of course. Even my family is eating on this plan. I do add other carbs for my 5 year old. For instance, we just had chef salads for lunch. I added carrot sticks and crackers to his salad. I feel like this is a lifestyle I can stick with long term, not a short-term diet.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #5  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

I also love the fact that with a few modifications, I can make the same thing I am eating for my family of 6. I can go out to eat and order of the regular menu with minimal substitutions. I am never hungry if I am eating how I am supposed to. There's a lot more!

This is the diet/way of eating that was recommended to me by my endocrinologist. I have tried many things in the past but none that I was able to lose weight and keep it off without feeling like I was missing out.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210.6/198.6/160

Height: 5'8"

i love that it is common sense ~ lean protein, get as much veggies in as you can , eat low fat and stay away from processed "junk" kwim ? I don't have to pull out a book and see if i can eat it or not, i just know if it's good for me or not ~ Plus you can still have desserts, just healthier desserts
Old 01-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #7  

I like it because we can eat as much as proteins and veggies as we can. Something that you can stick for long term.
There are also South Beach Living Foods, they're created around the basic principle of good nutrition. What's good about the foods it's help you to eat well and makes it easier to get the proteins, fiber and whole grains your body needs, especially when you're on the go.. it's not necessarily dieting but help to eat well. Has anyone ever tried their foods?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #8  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I don't eat the sbd on the go stuff because I still feel like it is loaded with Crap they try to get you away from on the plan! Not that I think its not okay to eat them every once in a while when in a pinch but whole foods are always better!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #9  
PCOS will not control me!

S/C/G: 283/241/175

Height: 5'8"

I like it because it is more of a life style change than a diet. It's not just a "fad diet" where you lose weight and then go back to your normal eating and gain it all back. For me, it helps break the cycle of yo-yo dieting.

I agree with RDW..all of those Kraft SBD packaged things are pretty much just good marketing. Dr. A pretty much sold out when he put his name on that junk. Those cereal bars turn me into a sugar beast. Set cravings off for me worse than if I ate a candy bar. I never tried the frozen meals though. Just the bars and those lunch things. Learned my lesson.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #10  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Don't touch the SBD packaged stuff! I used to do WW. Love the fact that I don't weigh, measure or count. I've lost weight quickly which is a hard thing to do when you're over 50. SB has lowered my cholesterol 30 points and I enjoy the foods. I'm cooking homemade meals instead of buying frozen dinners like I used to. My family likes most of the recipes I've found here. I feel like I can eat this way from now on and maintain my weight loss.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

What everyone else said I lost all my weight on SBD and am maintaining now. I needed something I could live with because I didn't want to lose weight just to regain it later. SB has really helped me clean up my eating and has done wonders with my cravings. The whole family can eat this way too with an extra grain thrown in, so no need to cook two dinners!
Old 01-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #12  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

South Beach has helped me tame the "carb monster" within. I love cooking, so it's fun to me to find ways to make a recipe more SB friendly. I have also lost a good majority of the weight this go round with South Beach.

/the SB frozen meals, IMO, are gross, by the way!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

After almost 2 years....
2 main reasons....I feel like I'm 20 again and I CAN EAT,EAT,EAT!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

I consider it the "Duh" diet. It makes total sense, and once you get a hold of your cravings you can really see yourself doing it for life. It just makes sense!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #15  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

5 reasons to choose SBD:
1 - Delicious REAL food in quantities that sustain you.
2 - Helps to curb sugar/carb cravings.
3 - You will develop healthy eating habits that you will have for life.
4 - You WILL lose weight! If you start to gain or fall off the wagon you can go back to Phase 1 to see fast results.
5 - The whole family can do it. My DH loves the food I prepare on this diet!!!
Closed Thread