Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2001, 08:06 AM   #1  

Default Sunday

Getting ready for Day 4 of success. Haven't overeaten or binged since Thursday. I made yesterday as a more relaxed day, since I knew we were going out for dinner last night. My goal was to just eat reasonably, and sensibly through out the day. I did fine. Breakfast was high fiber toast with peanut butter and fruit spread, lunch was some of the 'Peach becky Pie' I had made (low cal, and healthy) and I had a great work out at the Y. Then, we went to a very nice restaurant. Dressed up a little, I even felt like I looked good. I had a ceasar salad (I love those!), a dinner roll with butter, a steak, and a baked potato, and I did use butter and sour cream, but not to the extreme. Drank 2 large glasses of water with lemon with dinner. I left the restaurant satisfied, and I didn't feel overly full at all. I ate slowly....and made sure we talked during dinner(although the tie ball game on the tv at the bar which was in the 13th inning kept distacting hubby *S*). Afterward, we went for ice cream, and I gave into a craving I'd been having. You know those Buster Bars from DQ? Yeah...i finally had one, and while we ate them we took a nice drive around a lake. If I had worn decent shoes instead of sandals I would have loved walking around the lake a little instead. I struggled all evening, thinking about how many fat grams I had just consumed. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out I had a lot of fat with dinner. I kept telling myself it was ok. I hadn't binged, or stuffed myself. That's what my goal is right now. And ok, maybe it wasn't the healthiest. But, my fasting blood sugar was very good this morning, so I'm ok. I drank all my water for the day as well. Last night's dinner wasn't the norm. It was a treat, and a very pleasant evening. Back to point counting today.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:05 AM   #2  
The Basket Case

My computer's acting weird tonight.

Anyway, I went up north this weekend to get out of the heat. I ate pretty healthy, for camping. No marsh mellows(yuk)or somores(yum). We hiked a nice, simple trail, went to church at the NAU Newman center and had a generally pleasent time. I didn't drink enough water, but I don't get as dehydrated up there. In the desert I have to drink H2O or die We ate one meal at burger joint, I ordered a steak sandwich w/ mushrooms. I was ate only 1/2 of it because that was all I needed. My husband thinks that's sacraligous(sp)to eat only what you want and not until it's all done. I didn't let him eat the rest, he's having surgry in a couple of weeks and the Dr. doesn't need any more padding to slice through!

The walk around the lake sounds wonderful. I really miss water out here. I grew up in Mich. and know how beautiful the lake can be. There are no natural lakes here and a river here is a trickle up there. Usually rivers are simply dry beds hoping for excitement.

Well, I'll check in tomorrow. See ya

Yvette
Closed Thread