Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 02:41 AM   #1  

Unhappy Compulsive eating

Hi I'm new to this form but everyone seems nice and helpful. And that's what I need is help. I'm having a big problem with compulsive eating and writing down what I eat seems so boring. I just want to eat what is healthy and then not eat again until I'm hungry. I'm sure that you will tell me that it doesn't that long to write down what I'm eatting. And I do try to. I even tried that I couldn't eat until I wrote it down. I just can't seem to get it. I make myself crazy thinking of ways to get myself to write it down.
Thx DEB
Old 07-15-2001, 08:31 AM   #2  

Hi Deb.
Sorry it has taken a few days for you to get a response, I've just been thinking about how to reply to your posting. If the journaling seems to be a problem for you, why not try just writing down one meal a day? Where compulsive overeating and binging are concerned, I find that writing down my thoughts and feelings at that time is so helpful. Just getting it all on paper can make it so much better. Buy a cute little notebook. Get a pen that has funky purple ink...I don't know. Just try and make it fun. If you're serious about wanting to fix the problem, you just have to begin taking small steps, and changing your attitude from "I can't" to "I'll try". Don't be self critical. I can tell that you are from the nickname 'flabby'. Boost your self esteem, don't try and lower it. I know exactly how you feel, I am my own best & worst critic. Look in the mirror and tell yourself how much you're worth a new helthy lifestyle. Tell yourself you can begin, one small step at a time. Get a book by Geneen Roth, and read what she has to say. I'm sure you can find one at your local library. But most of all, never give up.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:11 AM   #3  
The Basket Case

Default Welcome

Welcome Deb, you've come to the right place. Vicki had some great suggestions. I'm going out tomorrow to get a nice diary for myself. Barnes and Nobles has nice ones. It's important to take care of yourself. Do it one step at a time. Your first step was to come here and meet us. Next, get the diary and then the Geneen Roth book. Take your time. I hope you will continue to post w/ us.

Yvette
Old 07-16-2001, 12:20 PM   #4  

Hi!!!

I have to be honest with you - I had issues with writing stuff down too - it reminded me of dieting which I had no desire to do.

I didn't do it and now I believe that I am truly in recovery. I cannot remember the last time I binged (over a month ago I believe). This is new to me but food is just not that important to me anymore (God knows I love it but it does NOT rule my life). As a matter of fact, it is sometimes annoying to have to stop and eat!!! But when I do... it seems that I really enjoy it more because I am hungry.

Don't worry - you will find a way to figure this out..... what others do isn't always the best way for you. Sometimes it takes trying different things....

GOOD LUCK,
Kymber
Old 07-16-2001, 04:04 PM   #5  

Smile Thx

I want to thank everyone and I am starting writing everything down. I searched and found some people started web pages. I thought that maybe the way for me. I can make anyway I like and when I get good post it. Thanks again.
Deb
Closed Thread