Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default December Chat

We have made it to December. The year is almost over. That is so hard to believe.

Last year at this time I was 196lbs. I was obese and my parents were both in intensive care. This year I am overweight and 158lbs. Today I ran 10 miles and fit into size 8 jeans for the first time.

I hope everyone is doing well planning for their holidays. This can be a stressful time of year. Be good to yourselves!
Old 12-02-2005, 03:38 PM   #2  

Cool

Hi Melissa. Wow! 10 miles! That's incredible! Someone gave me a ride home from a class the other night and I had to walk up two medium hills. We were talking and I was so out of breath I finally had to stop and rest for a minute. Time for me to get serious about exercising. Yes, we've hit "temptation alley" the period of time between Thanksgiving and New Years when goodies are constantly flung our way. So far, no boxes of See's Candies have shown up at the office. Our office Xmas lunch isn't till the 20th and I'm trying to stay clean until then. I had planned to go off my program a little during the holidays.
Looks like we're both in better places than we were last year.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #3  

Can I join the chat? I'm glad you can both look back on this year and see that you've made progress. That's a really great feeling.

What are your health goals for the coming year? Mine is to have a healthy baby, to not overgain during the pregnancy, to avoid postpartum depression afterward (my doctor and I have a plan mapped out for this) and to be a successful nurser for as long as my baby wants to nurse.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Looking back on this year. Last december I was 247, having vicious mood swings, and not understaning why it was so hard to take the weight off. Over the year I was diagnosed with thyroid issues (causing my mood swings) and high cholesterol. I later found out that these two conditions can go hand in hand. So I re started my weight loss journey in november, and so far (fingers crossed) it hasn't been too bad. I am seeing some results in the scale, and am feeling better just moving everyday.

The two big hurdles I see this christmas season are the big family dinner on xmas eve, and a party on New Years Day. I am going to push the exercise so I can feel better about myself when talking to all the relatives.

DH and I booked our cruise (first for both of us!!!), so I have more incentive to work out!! Enjoy your weekend!!
Old 12-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Melissa, you must be so proud of yourself, hon. You've come such a long way. You're practically a whole new person!

Rosetta... you and me... exercising, okay? Melissa is our inspiration. We want to be just like her.

Unholy, of course you can join us, hon! Do you have a nickname we can use for you? Something you can "sign off with" so that we can be more personal with you?
I LOVED nursing my babies. I nursed our daughter exclusively (no food) for a year, and she thrived! Our son was twice the size, and I had to start him on food at about seven months, but I breastfed him for two years. It's such a special time between mom and baby.

Upswife, you're doing it, girl! You can get through this season... I know it's difficult.
How exciting that you're going on a cruise! Great inspiration!

I'm off to help my sister clean her house. It's going on the market soon, and they are CRAZY busy with their new baby.
Gotta run... hugs to all...
Old 12-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #6  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

Last xmas I was 128-130 stopped getting on the scale and this year i'am 208,going to kick it up a notch this January. great job everyone,
Michelle
Old 12-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #7  

Good luck, Michelle!

Ellis, my name is Mel, I'll put it in my siggie. Not sure how to change names yet, etc.

It sounds like everyone has good goals and ways to reach them. Can you believe it's almost 2006? Eek!
Old 12-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #8  

Mel, so nice to meet you. We all have those down times, the reall hurdle is getting through them! This site is awsome these ladies have helped me fell so much better about myself, they are always so positive! THe best way to handle those time is to talk with someone, or posting here, I know that if I am typing I can't be eating (although, I wish I had three hands so I could )

Huggs ladies I have to run
Old 12-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #9  

Thanks, UPSwife...your daughter is beautiful!!! Oh, what a little sweetie!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:57 AM   #10  

Michelle, here's to a great year for you, and for all of us!
You can do this, hon.

Mel, 2006... I know, I know. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was being amazed while reading "1986" in high school.

Upswife, your daughter is such a little sweetheart!

I'm seeing my pschiatrist this morning, then I think I'll get started on wrapping some gifts. DH and I did a lot of shopping on the weekend, and I think we're just about finished!
I'm hoping my car will start... it didn't yesterday. It starts in the freezing cold or pouring rain, but there's a little window of weather it doesn't like... slightly cold and damp. Otherwise, I'm going to be walking to my psychi's, which I suppose would be good a thing if it wasn't TOM...

We've got an election coming up (what a great time of year for an election. NOT!), and I've just committed to doing some canvassing. What was I THINKING!?

What's everyone else up to?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #11  

Just a short note before bed. I stayed relatively op today. My daily goal is to keep under 2000 calories and if I keep under 1500 that is just an added bonus. Today I had 1630 (DH bought egg nog at the store and I just could not pass it up) Work went pretty well today, although I did find out that the doc I work with will be quitting at the end of the month. I don't know if one of the other docs will be taking her hours, or if they are just going to cut them for the time being. If they cut them I may lose some time, but I am not going to push. I just started back during the week in Nov. But so far it has been hard on hubby to get home in time to watch the kiddies. So, maybe it will all be for the best.

I just realized today that we have to get my son's teadher a x-mas gift. Does anyone have any ideas??? DH and I were thinking a gift card??maybe?? I am so new at this. I was home-schooled for most of my primary and secondary education, so I am not quite sure what is expected.

Well, off to bed for me, I have to get up early to exercise. I have a ton on my plate tomorrow so wish me luck that I don't go nuts with the kids in the car for so long. (Have to drive into Chicago then do more running)
Old 12-07-2005, 12:16 PM   #12  

Hey ups, my daughter is not in school yet so I haven't had to deal with that. I did get a tote bag for her gymnastics teacher, but we love her to pieces. I think people usually go with an ornament, mug or snacks. I bet a $10/$15 gift card for Bath and Body Works or something similar would really be appreciated though. I bet they get a lot of stuff they can't use. Good luck.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #13  

Cool

Hi, all. Been extra busy at work for a change so haven't had much time to pop in. I'm doing ok. Cheated a little last weekend but still lost about 3 lbs. upswife - I understand about the eggnog. I'm going to treat myself to a Starbucks eggnog latte once this season and forego my usual eggnog ice cream. Sigh.
ellis - elections. Ugh. We had one last month caused by the Terminator. He called a special election and lost on all his points. Cost the state a bundle. They can be annoying but can't imagine if we didn't have free elections. By the way, saw your pic on the forum home page. You look just the way you come across in your posts - warm and friendly.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #14  

Rosetta, you're so sweet...thank you. I hate that picture. I look about 300 pounds (okay, 200. heh heh), and like I have no eyes. There's a picture (with eyes) of me in my profile...
The Terminator... Should he have stuck to movie-making? We have some bizarro politicians, don't we? We've got an astronaut running here in Quebec.

Upswife, I'm with Melissa... the gift certificate is a good idea. I come from a long line of teachers, and contrary to popular belief, they are not interested in a cookie-filled mug.
Chapters is always a good one, too.

I managed to get on the treadmill last night... let's see if I can muster up the energy to get on it again this evening...
Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #15  

Well all, just a short note, I have to get up and exercise tommorrow. The last two days I have been feeling so cruddy. I have a ton to do, so I really should get up early so I CAN exercise and do all the rest of my errands.

I really blew it today. We got some snow and I just could not get motivated, so I orderd pizza and beef sandwiches. I really have to control more of what I am eating. I ate 4hrs ago and I still feel stuffed to the gills. Well, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I will be so busy I will not have time to eat.

Mellissa and Ellis thanks so much. I was thinking gift card, but I never would have thought of Bath and body works. I think That is what I will do. I just remember my mom getting x-mas trees filled with hershey kisses for my brother's teacher. I just could not give that, there is enough sweets out there at this time of year without me contributing to it.
Closed Thread