Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 11:25 AM   #1  

Default Do you eat your feelings?

I know that I do. I know that sometimes I eat because I just can not find the voice to tell other people "NO, That is not acceptable" or I don't want to hurt their feelings. I just stuff the feelings down with food.

Someone once gave me some very good advice. She said that when this type of thing happens you need to figure out what the problem is and then get a plan of action. If you can do something about the problem then do it. If you can not do anything about the problem then dump it on the responsible person's lap.

I am finding that this is easier said then done, tho! Sometimes I can not even feel what I am really feeling...almost like I have a huge dis connect.

Anyone else feel like this?

peach
Old 06-07-2001, 08:22 PM   #2  

Dear Peach Pit

That happens to me ALL the time. It is one of the major drivers in my overeating. It is mostly that I am afraid to ask for things, like help around the house so I do it all myself but I am full of anger and resentment and I eat so as not to have to feel it. What I try to tell myself is what do you have to lose? If you ask for what you want the worst that can happen is you won't get it and then you will be no worse off than you were to begin with. And maybe you will be better off anyway because you found the strength to at least say what you wanted. After all, you cannot control what anyone else does or says, only what you do or say. I think not being assertive makes us feel so powerless and that is a terrible feeling and a definite trigger for a COE.
Old 06-08-2001, 05:30 PM   #3  

I know the old saying you can't change the way other people act, but you can change how you react to them. I am trying learn how to change the way I react to certain people and situations. Being compulsive, as you all know, this is hard. I tend to internalize things, forever trying to keep everyone happy and the situation calm when I am really screaming inside. In my job this happens alot because I work with the public and you can't say to some of these people what you really want to. I can have the healthiest lunch with me be having a bad day and just want a piece of pizza instead, or I need that chocolate to get me through the afternoon. Chocolate is my downfall, I crave it, I have to have it, nothing will substitute for it. I wish it was never invented
Closed Thread