Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-21-2004, 04:57 AM   #1  

Talking Weekly Check-In 6/20-6/26

Let's start this week off with a meditation:

Say yes to love.

We want to feel loved. For many of us, the connection between food and love
has been a powerful one, and so we associated the feeling of a full stomach
with the feeling of being loved. But something was missing, and we
mistakenly thought more food might be the answer. Others of us thought we
could become deserving of the love we sought by reaching an ideal state of
thinness.

There is a better, healthier, more direct way of receiving the love we need.
We receive love by giving it, by saying yes to the opportunities we have
every day to make a loving overture, a loving response. To wait until some
future time when we might be more perfect, or the other person more
deserving, is to miss today's chance.

When we say yes to love, we affirm that we are valuable and have something
to offer, and we affirm someone else as worthy of receiving our care and
concern. The inner satisfaction we experience feeds our heart's hunger and
nurtures our recovery.

My actions today will say yes to love.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Excellent, Catwoman!! Hear, hear! I've been thinking about this so much lately. Wonderful meditation.

Hope everyone is doing well today! BBL.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #3  

"At times you may feel it's the end of the world. Just remember that what the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."

Wow, I like that quote!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

skippy oxo
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 11:27 AM   #4  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Jennelle - I'm glad you're feeling cute, girlie, 'cause you are. And that's wonderful about your aunt. I just went back and read the posts I'd missed. It's so interesting how we expand drama in our heads, isn't it? Like we don't have enough in reality. I wish I had the cure for that. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised by your family.

And Skippy - there's a wall you have to get through, and it may have to do with surrendering to HP. I feel like I had a breakthrough this weekend, but I can't really explain it. But please don't give up!!

Hi to Chris, Christy, Ellis, and Kat!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Slept in until 10:50 today...would have stayed in bed 'til the last minute (11:30 - I'm going to lunch with a friend) if I could have but the phone woke me up. It was my principal. He was calling me and the other language arts teacher to ASK OUR ADVICE on a proposed schedule change! That's why I love working at my school. I'm treated like a colleague rather than a puppet.

Loved the meditation, Kat. And I agree, Tracy - who needs MORE drama?

Hi to everyone else....Chris, I'm so jealous of your trip to Chicago!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:01 PM   #6  

Default Good morning all

How's it going?

This week is my major cleaning/organization week. Today I am starting with our study. It's a mess in here - way too many piles, etc...

I bought a Palm Pilot yesterday. I was able to get the Big Book, AA 12 Steps, and AA personal stories on it (all for free from a website). How cool is that? I'm so psyched.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 AM   #7  
Searching

Hey Everyone

Jenelle- I am not going to Chicago I am going to Oklahoma :P But its where I need to be right now

I wish I had more to say. I have been having the days that I am supposed to be having and living in HP's care. Is there much more?

Have a great day
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:23 PM   #8  

Oklahoma! Everytime we cross the border into Oklahoma that damn song starts running through my head....

I was in the symphonic band for our high school production of Oklahoma. The actors were fabulous. We sucked. :P
Old 06-22-2004, 12:38 PM   #9  

Default Hi there

We had a scare this morning that DH's mom had another stroke. BUT, I guess she did not and whatever happened (I hate getting everything second or third hand) was something that frequently happens after a stroke. She's not in the emergency room now and seems to still be functioning on the same level (she continues to make progress). For about 10 minutes we thought she had a stroke again (we being DH and I - my SIL had left us a message) - my mind went straight to my HP. I don't know what I would do without OA. Oh, yes I do - eat! So it's a good thing that I have this program.

We are visiting my MIL next week, so we're both looking forward to that. It'll be good to see her not drugged up like when we left her.

Yesterday I cleaned our study and it looks beautiful, if I do say so myself. Today I am tackling our bedroom.

Have a blessed day, everyone.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:04 PM   #10  

Kat - I'm glad to hear your MIL didn't suffer another stroke. I guess the cleaning bug is catching. I cleaned my front room top-to-bottom yesterday, and tackled the kitchen this morning. I still have a lot left to do, though!
Old 06-22-2004, 11:05 PM   #11  

I just read that Mary-Kate Olsen checked herself into a center for eating disorders to get treatment for anorexia. My heart goes out to her tonight.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:17 AM   #12  

Chris -- Have a great time in Oklahoma! Is that where your family lives?

Jennelle -- Glad to see you're back! I'm glad your family visit was a good one. At this point, I'm more than ready to ship my mother off to live in California. Maybe I could have a good visit with her then! LOL

Kat -- Glad MIL is okay! I've been doing a lot of cleaning around here lately too. Got much of the upstairs spic and span and redid the girls bathroom to something bright and funky. The rest will have to wait for a little while 'cuz we're heading to the beach for a week next Monday and I'm in "vacation organizing" mode right now.

Tracy and Skippy -- Hope all is well with you!

I'm having some scale issues lately. No bingeing going on...no obssessing over WW stuff...just becoming super frustrated that the numbers won't move! I'm much too heavy to be maintaining right now, but that's what is happening. I'm very grateful to God that the stubborn scale hasn't triggered a self-pity induced, self-destructive binge. That is definitely a MAJOR milestone and I don't want to nullify it!!! I know that eating healthier and exercising are doing so much to improve my outlook and health. I have so much more energy. I'm stronger. I'm happier. I'm setting a much better example for my daughters. It's just that darn scale! I can't throw it out because without some sort of accountability I will eat myself into oblivion. I keep telling myself that if I continue to do what I know is best then eventually the numbers will come down. In God's time, not necessarily mine. Hmmmm....seems like He and I have never seen eye to eye when it comes to timing things. You'd think I'd learn by now!

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest I'm going to go and listen to this lovely summer shower. Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Hugs,
Christy
elizabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:45 PM   #13  
Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle
I just read that Mary-Kate Olsen checked herself into a center for eating disorders to get treatment for anorexia. My heart goes out to her tonight.
I thought the same exact thing Jenelle.

Kat- Glad you MIL is doing all right

Christy- Don't you let that old scale get you, you are so much more beautiful and wondeful than that number.

Leaving for OK in the morning so if you don't see me till next Tuesday, I love ya'll!

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #14  

Well, my MIL is doing OK. Not great. She's still in the hospital and has lost functioning on her right side again (she had worked up to feeding herself with her right hand). Her communication appears to be unaffacted, though.

She was supposed to be home when we visited next week but it looks like she'll be in the rehab facility again. My poor SIL is totally stressing out.

I'm glad we all ready had a trip planned to go see her.

to all.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:33 PM   #15  

Smile

I'm not doing good on my eating, so I'm just going to skip details of how I am doing and just send hugs and thoughts to everyone!

skippy oxo
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote