Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #1  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy I'm Having a Rough Day

I'm 23 and I'm back living with my folks. I love them but I hate this situation. I just had a week off from them while they went on vacation. They came back last night and while it's nice to not be alone in the house I also feel like all of their stress just flooded the home again, on top of that the junk food came back too. I've done okay so far and haven't binged. I did eat a caramel roll they brought back for me from one of our favorite bakeries but I haven't touched the other junk.

But on top of that I got a letter in the mail that my insurance will be ending at the end of the month...5 days from now. I've been on hold for that 30 minutes trying to get this figured out. I'm so stressed right now! I can't lose my health insurance. I don't have a job, I'm a college student and I'm on meds that I can't stop taking. I also don't know if I handle stopping therapy either. Right now I just want to cry and eat and eat and cry!!!
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

LovelyLeah! I'm SO sorry your'e so stressed! I can tell you that I have my share of intense stress like that in my life too, which I won't get into, but I want you to know that your'e not alone.

I will just tell you that if you're tempted to binge, keep in mind this quote: "If food is not the problem, then food is not the solution." That one has really resonated with me lately.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can be strong and deal with whatever life throws your way. I know it doesn't seem like it but we humans are very resilient and we can handle a lot. Try to approach every situation with a bit of distance emotionally. Take lots of deep breaths. Do what you can and that's all you can really do. Try to stay away from the junk food (which you're already doing and that's great) because it will only exacerbate your difficulties.

I can only offer this advice in regard to the parents: talk to them about the junk food and ask for their help. If they aren't willing to change, then try to stay out of the house as much as possible. Keep yourself busy and away from the kitchen.

Again, more your way!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #3  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I've eaten over my goal today but nothing that I would consider a binge. Things might hopefully be falling into place with my insurance. It sounds like they have the paperwork they need but they're still processing it.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm SO glad you got through to the insurance co. That can be a very frustrating endeavor! I hope good things are just around the corner for you! Please hang in there!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #5  
Scood

S/C/G: 71.4 kilos

Height: 5.2. Ft

Lovelyleah

I learnt In life, bad never comes to stay, the sun will shine for you again. You keep saying positive affirmations to yourself even if your not feeling like what your saying it will change your day. Keep saying Im going to have a good day today, don't concentrate on the speed hump you have hit.

I done heaps of cancelling in times when I felt like I've been drowning. If I remind myself, I Have an abundance of friends, health, happiness, money, whatever (even when that's the last think I feel like.). It changes your frame of mind

Everything works out with a positive attitude, if you don't get out of negativity that's what you will bring to yourself. You will soon look and see light at the end of the tunnel sometimes it take a long time, but it will come

Biig hugs
Scood

Last edited by scood; 07-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.
scood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #6  

Hi LovelyLeah. Your post reminded me of me, so much. I'm almost 23, am also back living with my parents right now, and love them but hate all the stress that comes with it. I also feel ashamed and get overwhelmed easily, and the first thing I always, always think when I'm upset or anxious is, "I need to eat right now. I just want to eat right now."

It's awful to feel like you have no control over not only the things that are happening around you, but over your own actions.

So I have no real answers for you, but I wanted you to know that you're not alone, and you will get past this. Maybe we can support each other with this struggle. Hope you've been feeling better in the past few days.
Eva03 is offline   Reply With Quote