Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Default Binging made me miss my assignment!

I have a sad binge experience that hopefully will help remind me, and others, of how binging can negatively affect us (also just want to get it off my chest!).

I found out on Friday that an assignment was due in one of my uni classes....but I had NO IDEA there was even an assignment. All because of one day a few weeks ago that I skipped the lecture to binge eat, craving a binge so bad that I rationalized that I wouldn't miss much in one time, but that day happened to be the day that the assignment was handed out, and I never thought to check the website. ):

So I just ended up completing the assignment this morning to at least turn it in late, but I'm of course disappointed in myself for totally missing the due date and losing points, all because I decided binging was more important than going to my class!

I've since incorporated planned binge-like treat/refeed days into my overall plan and have successfully not binged outside of those planned days, so that at least I won't be making any mistakes like that from desperation/deprivation, do-it-at-all-costs binges.

Does anyone else have a story where you missed out on something or had an unexpected bad consequence because of binge eating? Not to dwell on negative past events, but sometimes I think it can be a good reminder of reasons why it is a good idea to try and break the habit!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #2  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your assignment!

I once *had* to go buy some candy at the gas station before work. I was in such a hurry and so frantic to open the stupid candy bar that I backed in to a pole at the gas station. Ugh! At least it wasn't another car- but I had a nice big dent in my bumper and now can't even remember what binge foods I ate- so they must not have been that great- definitely not worth the $100 repair!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

That really sucks . I hope you didn't lose too many marks.
The worst that's happened to me so far is having assignments due that I was hopelessly behind in, and then wasting hours shopping for binge foods, and then bingeing.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #4  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I never missed an assignment, but a few years ago, I missed a few classes just because I was too busy bingeing. And then of course I had to catch up on the classes *and* on extra personal work to understand everything (because reading someone else's notes is never as good as writing down my own). In hindsight, what a stupid waste of time (and of how little interest).
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Gosh, over the years, how many classes have I missed? How many points on tests have I forfeited? All because of making binge eating a priority. Then there's the friendships I've hurt by skipping events or not being there for people I care about....a couple years ago, I left my best friend's wedding reception early to binge. ):

Not to mention, I even got fired from a great job once for stealing binge food. That was probably the lowest point in my life ever. I am thankful every day they let me off with losing my job and didn't put it on my record.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote