Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Default Here's to a binge-free August!

Ready to start over? Ready to try not to binge during August? By bingeing we mean eating a lot of food in a short time, with a feeling of lack of control, until either we run out of food, we feel sick or somebody interrupts our "fit". Ready to go?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 PM   #2  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Here's to a great August!

I know if I let myself get hungry enough to feel those "hunger pains" a binge could be in my near future! Today I managed to keep myself in my calorie limit and not eat out of control. Huge step for me, so huge. Very excited for this new "lease on life"!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Ok here goes another month! I think I can.... I think I can.... I think I can... Two days have gone great, just 31 to go ;-) maybe this will be MY month.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #4  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

I'm in! Here's to making August 2012 binge-free! Good luck, ladies! :-)
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

I'm in too! I haven't binged since June 18th!!!!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i need this month's challenge badly...i'm nowhere where i want to be and i hate it. im back home and in this environment are just too many triggers to cause me binging.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #7  

Height: 5ft3

I'm in too, July went quite well but for me August should be better. I hope to go binge free for the whole month - but will pick myself up and start again if I don't make it

Good luck everyone
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

I'd like to join :-). I've actually been binge-free since July 20th and I'm very proud of that. The key for me is to allow some "binge-like" foods into my daily plan but keep it portioned. My binges are all about junk food so allowing myself a little junk food daily and the kind that I know doesn't trigger a binge for me but that I still enjoy has been helping a lot.

This month I'll bee 3 weeks in the East Coast on vacation, which will make it easier for me, actually. While I'll have temptations around, I will also be with my mom and aunt in one hotel room. Since I only binge alone, I won't be binging on junk food for the entire trip (though I'll have to watch how much junk food I do eat that isn't binge proportions).

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

I need to join in! I had a had two slip-ups in the last 2.5 weeks and it is NOT acceptable! I need August to be different! Do we check in every day?
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #10  

This is a very relaxed and happy group, so we check in when we want to check in and we support one another all the time. You are all welcome!
I have not binged since Jan 1 (yes, seven months already), but I know I may relapse, since sometimes I indulge in some junk though I never lose control and keep myself within my maintenance cals. I know I could go back to bingeing if I let myself go.
This month, apart from staying binge-free, I intend to plan my dinner ahead so when I arrive home I just have to eat without having to choose what to. I am doing this because yesterday evening my dinner was ice cream! And I ate that because the only option was a tuna can! I need to think ahead, don't you think? LOL
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

I'm in as well. I have also signed up on a different thread for the "10 pounds this month" weight loss -- well, let me assure you, if I manage to NOT binge for an entire month, those 10 pounds will be gone. Most of my calories come from my PLANNED binges. By "planned", I mean, I actually shop for and hoard the binge foods. So tonight the cookies and trail mix get dumped in the trash. (big sigh) Guess I'll have to get rid of the ice cream as well, because I cannot eat just a small amount of certain trigger foods. But just think of the money I'll save this month!
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

I would like to join. I've been back on this weight loss journey for 3 1/2 weeks now and in those 3 1/2 weeks, I have not binged once and I am beyond ecstatic about that. Hopefully this month will continue that streak.
Ladybug10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi, I'm not sure if I fit in here, as I don't think my eating counts as a binge, but I need something to give me some kind of self control. I can only stick to a plan for 1 or 2 days, and then I go back to eating everything I can get my hands on. I'm usually about 1000 calories over what I should be for the day, and I probably have about 10-15 'snacks' before, between and after meals. I feel so miserable about it all the time but just don't have any control to stop myself reaching for the sweets, cakes, chocolate, crisps, cheese, crackers and the rest.

Is there a group in this forum that I would fit into or should I just learn some self control and stop moaning about it? (What everyone tells me to do but it seems I'm too weak minded and pathetic)
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #14  

I'm definitely in. August is def going to be hard for me because of major work related deadlines but I'm going to take it a day at time.

Themilesawaygirl - wish I could offer my 2 cents but i don't even have that. I do know that someone on here will give you the advice you need. You are stronger than you think, remember that. And be kind to yourself, you're worth it.
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #15  

Themilesawaygirl, each of us is trying to find his/her own way to fight our weird behavior with food, so what is working for one may not be working for somebody else. What worked for me was trying to analyze myself and find out what made me eat like I ate --very much like you, with occasional binges. I was a grazer, somebody who could not sit to eat but munched all day long a bite here and there. Big time snacker! What helped me was, apart from trying to find the reason for my constant anxiety, to think about how my stomach felt and eat only when it felt reeeally empty. Without that sensation, I don't eat anything.
Can others jump in and say what is working for them to move away from grazing or bingeing?