Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

Question starting out again..

hi everyone im starting this road again.. when i first joined 3fatchicks i only weight 165 and from these last few years alot of things have been happening in my life and ive been giving up on me for so long but now IM TIRED OF WHAT I BECAME. i weighed myself last month and i weighed 200 lbs.. im going to weigh my self tomorrow to see what i am..alot more than i was though .. im 5 foot and can really feel it taking a toll on my body my emotions and my overall self confidence.. anyways i binge on cookies, pizza sodas my main things i LOVE ive been trying to not binge on those but when i get angry or my "boyfriend supposably" gets me depressed angry i eat.. how can i stop? what are your tricks? as of right now i cant buy expensive foods.. we dont have much money for food at all actually but yet going thru all these times i still having weight problems.. any ideas.. sorry so long..
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hi nmgirl! It's great to hear you are back on track and ready to look after your health. Don't give up on yourself! I am sure you will find a lot of support here. I am also 5 feet tall (short?) and I find it very difficult to keep thin, because short people have to eat less than medium-height people, and portion sizes are made for very tall people LOL!
My piece of advice is that you put some order in your life. Try to
* Take regular meals at the same time of the day instead of snacking.
* Slowly cut down on refined flour and on sugar.
* Slowly incorporate veggies and legumes, so you get used to them and digest them well.
* Slowly cut down on red meat and incorporate more fish.
* Try to do more physical activity than you generally do.
I repeat the "slowly" there because it may happen that if you try to change things overnight you will bounce back. A new good habit every week will make for a long lasting change! And above all, don't feel you are depriving yourself from things you like, but rather that you are rewarding yourself with a new body and with a healthy mind!
As to your bingeing problem, there is a thread going called All the way in May which is a binge-free challenge. Join us there and let's try to remain binge-free all through May!
Welcome back and good luck!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, I've only recommitted for about a week. I too had ALOT of emotional turmoil/stress. One thing that helps is using that disgust at what I have become to realize, I DON'T LIKE living this way. that means I need to change in order to get rid of that feeling of dislike.

I also needed to admit I was in a downward spiral, which you have done, and now you are ready for the next step change. change one thing. I started with buying a new fun fitness game. Next, I decided to be accountable to every food with every binge and to log the caloric damage and MAKE UP for the damage some other way--activity, lower calories.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:34 AM   #4  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Welcome back!!! What are some tricks and stuff you did previously to lose weight or maintain?
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #5  

Thanks for the advice everyone

Melodymist - I was actually going to the gym with a friend but wed only stay there for no longer than 20 mins.. lol i maintained my weight for a while until my friend started loosing weight alot faster than me for the work outs we were doing and i didnt at all so that ended one diet lol i chew gum alot though lol i noticed that keeps me away from binging
Old 05-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #6  

Kudos on coming back to the forum! I've been here off and on over the years, but was never an active member. For me, I think it's the support from others that helps the most. I've gotten a lot of great ideas to help.
lostris326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #7  

Congrats on being so determined to make a life style change. You don't have to spend too much money to eat healthily, just make the right choices. You can overcome emotional eating and bingeing because you seem really motivated to regain your self confidence.

PS: You look gorgeous on your profile photo
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #8  

hehe thank you i think i can over come this specially being here on 3FC!! hehe
Old 05-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #9  

I can see from what are you wrote that you are so determinated to achieve your goal!Use your motivation and focus to your aim and I'm sure that you will succeed!
SaraG is offline   Reply With Quote