Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default Uh-oh....

So I joined the forum today, have been happily posting all day and getting to know people. It's a slow day at work so no one minds that I'm doing this. And, just now, I did a bad thing....I snagged not one, but TWO slices of pizza from the lunch room and devoured them. I wasn't even hungry! I just couldn't resist.

I find it so hard to say no to myself, especially around things that have cheese. I justify it to myself saying "you'll just skip supper" or "you're going to the gym later".

I have a problem with emotional eating - not only when I'm sad but also when I'm happy. I'm sure the excitement and positive energy of joining this forum today was what lowered my inhibitions...

Does anyone have any tips on how to control urges like this?
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

1) I have to pretend the food is not mine sometimes.2) Sometimes I just put physical distance between myself and the food. 3) And then sometimes I will go into the bathroom and pull up my shirt and decide based on what I see whether I really want whatever it is that's tempting me. Usually the sight of my muffin top/jiggly spare tire snaps me back into reality, and is enough to keep me away from the food.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #3  

Uh, I'm so craving a piece of pizza right now, this hasn't happened to me in quite a while. I usually try to take my mind off it by engaging in some sort of activity that keeps me occupied for long enough. Eating an apple or a slice of watermelon also helps because they are rich in water and fill you up, while also being low on calories. One time I was craving ice-cream, I proceeded to make myself some, gathered all the ingredients, by the time the ice-cream was ready to be eaten, my craving was gone. Turns out I was just bored
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #4  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I know how this goes. People at my job are in the habit of bringing in muffins, cup cakes, cookies, candies, pizza, anything and sharing with Every One! While that's so sweet of them, I can't take it sometimes.

I've learned that even if you indulged you can't stay mad at yourself. Just remember the guilt next time your tempted and realize it's not worth that.
Also try grabbing a glass of water and walking away. If you don't indulge, you feel proud of yourself, it gets easier the more you don't partake. Keep telling yourself that.

As for the emotional eater... ditto ditto.
Mine is stress. EVERY summer I lose 20... 30... pounds. EVERY school year I gain that much or more. Why? Stress. I get stressed I need a starbucks. I am doing homework, time for a cookie. Then when I'm not dealing with school I'm with friends and am happy, Time for happy hour, snacks at movies, Pizza night, etc... etc...

I've been trying to break this streak a long time. every summer I'm like "THIS is the summer I stick with it!" Every school year I push telling myself about all the weight I lost, Halloween goals, new year goals. Then it slips with the stress. Sometimes I try so hard to start in the middle of a semester instead of "wait for an opportunity" but then finals his. And Stress, stress, stress. AFter that it's party! Finals are over! Ugh... I feel bad I have no self control.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote