Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/184/125

Height: 5'1"

Default I have no discipline!! :(

So as part of my lose weight get healthy choice I was determined to get up M-Sat mornings and either go roller blading or walking. This morning I got up at 5am and then stayed in bed I'll admit I missed Mon but only because I was feeling ill. Today was for no reason other than I'm lazy and have no self control. I feel like such a fatty and all I want to do right now is stuff my face to feel better about not going. <---Like that'll make it all better
km78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

If you find you can't get up and go in the morning, is there another time you can exercise?

I like the mornings, but getting up and exercising right away isn't for me...so I don't do it! Plus I would have to wake up super early anyway (I have to be at work by 7:30AM). I exercise in the evenings on the weekdays and in the mornings on the weekends.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4

Well... how about you take the effort you're spending hating yourself and just get up and go for a walk? It's better than nothing.

Your success is entirely dependent on you, and if you don't get started you'll look back on today a week, month or year from now and wish you had.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #4  

The only other time I can go is late (after 10pm) and by that time I am so exhausted. I usually wake up @5 (no clue why) so that's why I figured that would be a great time to go.
I wasn't hating myself until after I got my kids up and off to school. In the 10minutes I had before the kids I watch got here my son had me do a few exercises but it doesn't feel the same as blading for 20 min
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #5  
Warrior Princess

I am completely disciplined since the end of March and have almost zero to show for it. :/ Damned if you do, damned if you don't..

You'll get there, OP.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Honey, you don't just wake up one morning disciplined. It's a muscle that needs to be exercised.

And shouting at yourself like a drill sergeant is not going to work.

Look at your post: "I'm lazy ... I have no self-control ... I feel like such a fatty."

When you hear yourself say, "I'm lazy," say, "I was afraid to get going. I thought I'd fail & I could not do it. I need to set a smaller goal. Like just walking around the block."

When you hear yourself say, "I have no self-control," say, "I am still learning how to set small goals for my health and to achieve them. I will actually do this tomorrow morning."

When you hear yourself say, "I feel like such a fatty," say, "Next time, if I walk, I will be able to think afterwards, 'Yes, I'm fat, but I am taking action to change that.'"

Beating up on yourself for not doing something is NOT the way to get yourself to do something.

Did you plan a reward for getting up & doing your walk? Not food, of course, but something else. Something small. I mean, would you expect an animal to get up and walk just because it knows a walk is good for it? It doesn't work that way. Animals do things because there's a reward. That's the basic level our minds work at. Think of the eventual reward of easily buttoning a pair of tight jeans, and also think of some small immediate reward.

Last edited by saef; 05-09-2012 at 10:11 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/190.4/130

Height: 5'3''

I'm to is feeling the effect of lack of discipline... Someone suggested the site Flylady. I looked at it and seems fun, a step by step guide to learn discipline. I'll give it a try you never know.

Don't give up!
happyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I choose to do my exercise in the morning because otherwise it won't get done. I'm just too unmotivated in the afternoons :|.

I WISH I could just wake up like you at 5am LOL.

I think that even if you get up and do 10-15 minutes of exercise (running in place, a DVD....ANYTHING), you'll start to feel much better and can eventually increase the time you spend on working out.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #9  

Thanks everyone!
Saef-Thanks a lot for the mind set and reward ideas. Not sure what I can do as a reward (other than a cool shower afterwards) but I am going to think up some ideas.
Happyrunner-I'm going to check out Flylady and see if it'll help me. It's a shame I can instill routine and discipline in my kids and the ones I watch but not myself :/
Mammasita-I wish I didn't get up that early but my mind is it's own being. I did find a post last night about workout videos on Netflix so I saved a couple to my queue. I think during naptime (for the kids )I'll do one in place of the roller blading I skipped this morning.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184 /179/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Honey, you don't just wake up one morning disciplined. It's a muscle that needs to be exercised.

And shouting at yourself like a drill sergeant is not going to work.

Look at your post: "I'm lazy ... I have no self-control ... I feel like such a fatty."

When you hear yourself say, "I'm lazy," say, "I was afraid to get going. I thought I'd fail & I could not do it. I need to set a smaller goal. Like just walking around the block."

When you hear yourself say, "I have no self-control," say, "I am still learning how to set small goals for my health and to achieve them. I will actually do this tomorrow morning."

When you hear yourself say, "I feel like such a fatty," say, "Next time, if I walk, I will be able to think afterwards, 'Yes, I'm fat, but I am taking action to change that.'"

Beating up on yourself for not doing something is NOT the way to get yourself to do something.

Did you plan a reward for getting up & doing your walk? Not food, of course, but something else. Something small. I mean, would you expect an animal to get up and walk just because it knows a walk is good for it? It doesn't work that way. Animals do things because there's a reward. That's the basic level our minds work at. Think of the eventual reward of easily buttoning a pair of tight jeans, and also think of some small immediate reward.
Ditto, that is great advice! Well put. That helps me as well!!!
clownfish13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Something that may encourage you to walk is taking a camera with you and trying to "hunt for" three strange/unusual/beautiful/funny things along your way. Then you may make a journal where you write about your day and include the pics to remind yourself of how differently you can look at the world when you do things for yourself.
Good luck!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #12  

Well on a good note, I did manage to get in a 10 min dancing video