Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #1  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Default binges and how amazing our bodies are

Another slip up! Had my first binge in 3 months the first week of Sept. Was good for a couple weeks, but probably stupidly started feeling "safe to add more carbs".

Not sure what caused the last binge, but Sun pm - Wed pm was one big binge About 5K cals a day each of those days.

Decided Thurs am to restart by very basic, very low sugar/carb eating plan to ensure safe, binge free eating. I tend to follow this for 3 weeks, to mentally and physically detox. Day 2 and so far, so good.

I was amazed at how my body reacted. I hadnt weighed myself in the days before the binge, but I reasonably expect I weighed ~135, 137 max. By day 3 of the binge I weighed 149! More impressively by day 4 I weighed 158 (and looked 6mo pregnant). Day 5 I am down to 148. Guessing I will be down another several lbs tomorrow, still feel terribly bloated.

Just seems amazing and totally crazy my body could retain enough bloat to gain almost 20lbs in a matter of days. Sorry body, Im trying to be better.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/135

Height: 5.0

I am a binge and closet eater. This is my biggest issue. I lost 75lbs about 4 years ago and have manage to keep it off however I seem to can't get any more off because of this issue. You have done such a great job losing your weight! Maybe keep a pic of your previous self when you feel like going on a binge maybe that will help. That is what I am doing. Keep up the hard work you are a inspirational to all of us!
rdnkgirl0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 AM   #3  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I feel you on the water weight thing. If I eat a couple slices of lite bread, I bloat up 1-3 lbs the next day. I can also gain like 10 lbs in water weight from one medium binge.

Only, it takes me a long time to lose the water weight if I don't eat SUPER clean for a while (and I know it's water weight because I've experimented with eating same # cals, just clean and not so clean after a binge). It takes about 5-10 days, actually.

You sound like you're still on track, though. Relapses are expected for all of us, and normal I think. As long as we pick ourselves up and keep going, like you're doing now, it'll be okay.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 10-01-2011 at 04:03 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8

You're not the only one! I'm currently in a position where I have to weigh in every few weeks (for the military) and the men don't understand that such simple things, not even binging, can cause my body to retain water. I have had 10 pound gains/losses in a matter of a day or two.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

I completely understand. I'm trying to bounce back from a week long binge by jumping on the site today. The 10 pounds that I struggled for 4 weeks to lose came back in a few days. Now I just feel bloated and disgusted with myself. But it is amazing how quickly the body absorbs the food. I just wish I could remember that when I'm shoving down whatever crappy thing I'm eating that day.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Thanks to everyone for the support! As always it really makes a difference

Im already down to 139 and only feel a tad bit bloated.

For those of you that spoke of recent slip ups too...feel free to join the 3 week binge free challenge I just started in this forum.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote