Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #91  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

heather- i've been in your shoes zillion times and i know how it feels. don't be so hard on yourself and try not to think about it too much. first time around i was thinking non stop about food, what to eat, how much to eat, when to eat...but now i learnt my mistakes and i focus on other things in life, i think of food only when it's time to eat. otherwise it would take me too much energy and time. thinking too much about weight and food probably lead me to start binging and being obssessed with food. i feel like that cycle is finally broken and i don't even crave sugar, cakes, cookies that much but if i do i can eat few and then stop. it's all in our heads.
fruitlady-i'm so proud of you. i've been waiting for the day when you would finally let go of your rules. i wanted to tell you already before that you were depriving and restricting yourself too much but i was afraid that you might be offended... i'm really happy for you and i hope you will keep up with that. i also made a similar conclusion and it feels so much better, freeing.
beila- yaay!!!isn't it great?? few more days and you'll make it to three weeks!!!
as for others...great job. just keep up. no one is in charge but you.
i finally made it to 28 days-4 weeks!!! i can't remember when was the last time i was binge free that long. i think it was almost a year ago. tomorrow is my weigh in and i think i lost about 3 pounds this week and that's not water weight.

Last edited by missunshine; 07-17-2011 at 01:54 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
beila- yaay!!!isn't it great?? few more days and you'll make it to three weeks!!!
I can't say enough how great this feels! I'm at day 20 today.

Nearly 3 weeks!

Just been loving binge free life.

Nothing is off limits for me now (except foods that I am trying to cut out or limit for health reasons like wheat or some dairy foods). Even had some tiramisu the other day and ate in a very controlled way with my pasta dinner night out with my friend. NEVER in my life did I think I could eat so little and be happy with myself!

----------
Today is the last day of our challenge before we start another challenge.
Let's finish this last day strong and put another binge free day under our belts!

Even if today is Day 1 for you, make this one count

Talk soon all!

Last edited by Beila; 07-17-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

beila, yay you are making such great progress! I can't wait until i can pat myself on the back for being binge free that long.

missunshine! ya for the 3 lbs down! good job.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 124/?/107-110

hi everyone. i appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. it is a difficult struggle for me as of late and i often wonder why i just can't be normal with food. it took me several years to be normal about food after my ED, and i hate that it has come back with a vengence. i think one of the hardest things is that every time i get to my goal weight i have binge days and then i have to work to get back down yet again. it is so frustrating and disheartening!

today has been a real struggle, but i think i'm going to make it. only a few more hours til bedtime. it seems i struggle the most after i have only a one day binge. when i binge several days in a row i can stop myself and get back on track without thinking about it. after a one day binge i keep thinking about binging again and it is so tempting! i want to shove the cereal that i know is in the kitchen right now in my mouth so badly...

i do think a lot of it is comfort for me. i also do think it has to do with restriction and being hungry.

i know i can make it through this. i just need to find something else to do with myself, and right now that is one of the things i struggle with the most...
heather29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #95  

I overate some cookies tonight...they're called "WhoNu", supposedly "healthy nutritious" cookies...omg, after eating 12 (they're kinda small), i feel sooo sick and disgusted...it reminds me of what binging was like. Anyways, this was a 600 calorie MISTAKE, and REMINDER that I can never go back to this place again. NO MORE!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:05 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

beila, i similarily overate that chocolate mousse cake i love. it occurred because I didn't have a nice sitdown dinner like i normally like, and at the end of the day i was starving, i couldn't resist the creamy goodness and the coconut--so I ate more of it then i should. but i thoroughly enjoyed it. remember we aren't going to eat perfectly, but if you weren't cramming it into your mouth without even thinking...it wasn't a binge. Mine was more stress eating--which i'm guilty of...but not a binge.

Just try to watch your treats tomorrow.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:21 AM   #97  

Thanks jendiet!

I have already decided to return one of the boxes of WhoNu, and give the rest away or freeze the rest. They were on sale for $0.75 with coupons.

They can be a binge food for me, but I stopped, and it feels so much better than stuffing myself. I didn't feel out of control, yet a bit mindless about eating them, was watching tv, and each cookie was so small.

And worst part is that I didn't enjoy those 600 cals that much. I would have prefered a mousse cake or something else.

Oh well, I learned a lesson, don't eat food that doesn't really please you....that is what I called wasting cals on sub par food.