Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Unhappy Already going downhill :(

I felt like I was actually starting over for good this time but last few nights I've eaten more than I should and last night was terrible. I got depressed and the worse it got, the worse I ate. I actually wound up eating 2 pieces of that new stuffed crust pizza from pizza hut then said "screw it, I'm already shot" so I ate some ice cream. (doesn't help that my room mate gets junk food)

Any tips on how to get someone to understand that you need that food kept away? Maybe if he keeps it in his room..I dunno. Some days my self-control is amazing but on days I'm uber depressed I just can't stop wanting food. I need distractions!
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #2  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Don't worry bad days happen. Just get back on plan now and try to stick to it.

I am not sure if you can/should ask your roommate to keep junk food away. I think you (and I!) need to learn to deal with temptation. There will always be junk food and that is out of our control.

Maybe you can find something that distracts you from binging? I sometimes have a hard time in the office when there are muffins, donuts and candy all over the place. I try going for a short walk. Sometimes only a short trip down to the lobby works. Anything to forget there is food in the kitchen.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #3  

Yeah, I don't want to be unfair to my roomie. I just wish he wouldn't come home with food and hand me burgers and chips I didn't ask for lol. It's a nice gesture so I feel bad if I don't accept it.

Temptation is such a beast! It's funny in a way that I'm so dang stubborn about so much in my life but I can't use it for what I need lol I want to focus my stubberness on self-control and exercise! A short walk sounds like a good idea I'll have to try.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just ask him not to buy it for YOU anymore- if he gives it to you hand it back, say no thanks, then either go to your room and close the door or leave.

You can't stop people buying bad things for themselves but you can control how YOU handle it. My husband buys all sorts of snack foods and all I ask is that he put it away- he's good about putting it in the pantry or his office area so I don't see them.

Then at my work when my coworkers pick up food I just leave my desk until they are done so I don't have to smell their food- specially when it's THAI! *cry*

It's definitely tough but don't give in- you'll be proud when you don't!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:10 PM   #5  

ohhh Thai food...yummy *drools*

I'm going to try and have another talk with him. He's gotten a bit better at not buying all the junk then saying he won't eat it because he bought it for me though. I'm needing to go buy food for myself right now but I've been putting it off while I research what foods and diet I should try.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Don't let him guilt you- he bought the stuff specially for you? What is he your father? You can feed yourself. A few times of saying "no" and not eating it will teach him hopefully that he's just wasting his money buying stuff for you. Tell him you appreciate he's trying to do something nice but that you are NOT eating that stuff right now. I don't know your relationship with him but tossing it in the trash might be what he needs to see.

I have done that with my husband and his friend "oh I don't want this burger, you eat it. No you don't want it? Okay then I'll just toss it in the trash." My husband's friend no longer brings food over. He used to bring over pizzas and burgers and all sorts of crap and I'd give in but after so many times of not eating it and telling him to not bring it he finally got the hint. Specially when I had a stern talk with him telling him my husband's doctor said his cholesterol and stuff is bad and no more junk. I've always said he's welcome to our house for dinner or he can eat before coming over if he doesn't like my food.

If he insists on buying you stuff go get some catalogs, circle what you want, and give it to him lol
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #7  

I still have cookies and chocolate from at least Christmas in the cupboards lol He's my ex fiance and we do still fall into old habits where he tries to be "sweet". In his "defense" he likes bigger girls and he literally can't understand why I want to lose weight. He understands wanting to be healthier but he doesn't think I need to lose weight to look better.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

That's all well and good but it's your body your choice and as someone who cares for your well being he should really be a bit more sympathetic. It would take no effort on his part to quit buying for two when he gets takeout and junk food, and asking him to stop bringing you food does not infringe on his roommate's rights or whatever in the least.

*hug* I hope this gets easier for you. It's never easy and it can feel so lonely.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

My mother does the same thing, she came home with a BUCKET of KFC tonight! Ugh!

You really should ask him to at least not buy any of that stuff for YOU. It's not his body, it's YOURS. And you you don't stand up for it, no one will! Stay strong.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I have this situation happen, too. I go to rehearsals at night and the director brings TONS of snack food that I love to binge on. And since everyone snacks on it throughout the five hour process, it's easy to lose control. I can't give advice, because even tonight I ate too much bad stuff but I can most certainly relate.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #11  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I'm really the only overweight one on my mom's side, so it's really easy for them to say, "Oh, your sister has Pizza Hut night, so we're buying pizza" or that we're going to this local restaurant here that has majority fatty foods (no healthy selection markings or anything!)

And then on my dad's side, everyone's overweight, but none of them care! It's really frustrating; it's like I fit in with neither side of my family.

Don't stress too much though! Everyone has people in their lives who do things like this. With my mom, she always says everything's okay in moderation, but if I'm at a point where my "moderation button" is broken, it would be nice for her to cut back on the junk food. Just try to have a one to one with him and see if he can limit himself to buying things only for him? You're in control of yourself, not him. And don't worry, we're all here for you!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #12  

Thanks so much for the support! I had a talk with him and he apologised. He'll probably still do it at times but I made him eat the pizza and chips lol. Well it's not like I forced him I just told him to eat "mine" since he was hungry and after a bunch of grumbling he gave in. It's annoying because I know he knows I don't want it. I'm glad I can come here though
Old 04-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Fill yourself up with healthy good for you foods too, you may be less tempted by his offerings if you are already full.
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote