Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 07:27 AM   #1  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Downhill slide!! **Friday May 2**

Hey ladies! I'm posting this from home since the internet ban was NOT lifted and they now are making a big list of people who get on the internet and will submit that to the highest guy in the bank. (position wise...not dope )
Well, I'm on my way to a ww meeting with the Duchess of York. I don't know what to expect but I'll fill everyone in!
I've lost 5 pounds over the last two weeks, and I'll tell ya...It feels great to be back on track!! Two other ladies in my office have started weight training on the arms 3 days a week so I've joined them and since the weather is getting better, I try to walk the dog on a regular basis.
I really need to go get ready and put on some makeup! I don't want to scare Fergie back over the ocean!
Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 09:28 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Default OOOO FERGIE!!

Hey - say hi to the Duchess for us! Let us know all about it when you get back!!!

BTW - its only thursday...

I am going to fight a ticket in traffice court today so wish me luck!

Belle
Old 05-02-2002, 09:49 AM   #3  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default I am still here...just really busy

Hello girls. Long time no talk. I have not even had time to lurk. Sitting at the computer is not one of Alex's fav things to do. Pooh for us.

Anyway, I am doing great. Losing weight slowly but it is gong down. I am still nursing so that makes it hard for me as it makes me so starved.

Alex is a joy! He is 4 mo old and so cute and wonderful. He is getting so big and can do all sorts of things now (if I can brag!). Rolling over etc. So cute.

Stacey...blah about the internet police and cool on the fergie thing.

Belle: hello to you.

Hello to everyone else. I will try to post more soon.

Trush
Old 05-02-2002, 09:58 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Wink please keep fergie over there

morning all!
sorry for the anti-fergie comment. she ain't as popular over here as she is over there! anyhow - do tell us what she was like. i watched a documentary type show where Ruby Wax interviewed her. She had post-it notes on her drawers and closets so she knows what is in them. weird or what - hasn't she heard of opening them and looking? she isn't the brightest. but good on her for losing weight and maintaining it. esp with the media always watching and picking on her.
belle- good luck in court!
stacey - well done on the 5 pounds!!
lexxy - are you doing WW officially? are you allowed to set 135 as a goal weight if you are 5 ft 10? i make that below the recommended weight range for your height (gives a body mass index of 19 and it should be between 20 and 25). i'd have a rethink if i were you. it would def be tricky to maintain.
winter - i overanalyse emails too!! are you going to see this guy again!? tell us everything!
jenl - glad emma is on the mend and that you're all curly!!
KT - good to hear from you again! i bet your thighs have changed - did you measure them when you started to compare?
anyhow. i deserve a round of applause. BF took me out to dinner last night and i showed great restraint. i love mozzarella so i was determined to have it, so starter was mozzarella, fig and mango salad (yum), and the moz was gorgeous but luckily not too plentiful! main i chose beetroot risotto with peppers and ceps. i was tempted to have the buttermilk pancake with various veggies and cheese but i'd had my cheese quota! and then for dessert i was sooooo tempted by the passion fruit creme brulee. but i found myself ordering lemon sorbet. how good am i? it was so delicious and i know the brulee would have left me feeling a bit sick and rather guilty (plus i only really like the crunchy burnt bit at the top!). i'm so glad i didn't pig out (too much!). and i had a fab cocktail too. with lots of fruit so i'm sure it wasn't all bad!
lori - you can lose these last 10 pounds. keep your willpower!
kim - i think they need to make maternity clothes in reverse for people losing weight. you know how you can buy skirts that you can make bigger as you get bigger or whatever. we need clothes that will shrink with us! buy yourself new undies and cheer yourself up. i bought new undies for every 14 pounds i lost and it really helped. if you can't afford to spend too much then are there any discount stores near you? there are some places over here that do big names at cheaper prices...
OOOH - trish!! hello stranger! can't believe alex is 4 months already!! i'm sure in another 10 years you won't be able to get him away from the computer!
eek, boss alert, better look busy,
kirsty
Old 05-02-2002, 10:10 AM   #5  

Angry

Good morning ladies! Its almost Friday!!

Stacey ~ Sorry to hear about the IP. I hope they go away soon, we miss hearing from you!!! Way to go on the lost poundage!!!

Belle ~ We miss you too, come back more often, o.k.? How is the job coming along?

Trish ~ Wow, Alex is growing up fast. They are little for such a short time. My baby is 3 1/2 already, no more babies for me..... I hope he will start entertaining himself a little more soon so that you can get back here with us!!! Way to go on the weight, you can do it, baby weight is tough, but doable!!

Kirsty ~ I agree completely on the large to small clothes. Why can't they come up with something like that? You should invent it, then become independently wealthy, and won't have to work anymore!!!!

Well, Not much going on here, students are packing into the lab that my office is located in called the " Bear's Den", the Chicago Bears summer training camp was here in my town for 12 years, their last year was just last summer, so the organization donated $250,000 to technology for campus. So, in our new 11 million dollar student center (which I happily got a new office in) we have a new 110 workstation computer lab. It is always packed. Next week though, students will be filtering home. It will be nice to have it quiet for a while.

On the eating front, I have been OP for at least a month now. It feels great and only have 4 pounds left to lose. I am so excited, it really has been quite easy to lose this last month, I think it is because of the exercising though.

Well, it is a beautiful day here in Wis. For once the sun is shining. I am so tired of rain, snow and 40 degree weather. Bring on the humidity and sun!!!!

Well, better get back at it....check in later!
Old 05-02-2002, 10:21 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Hi...

I feel like crap today... my allergies are driving me crazy yet again. I never had allergies until the past few years, and they are really bad this spring. I take allegra and it helps a bit, but I guess I should drag my butt to the doctor and see what's going on. I shouldn't feel this way all the time.

Stacey - Great job on the 5 pounds, but don't try to get me excited thinking it is Friday!

Belle - I'm so glad you're posting more lately! Good luck in court...

Trish!!! I was just going to ask if anyone has heard from you! I'm glad to hear how much you are enjoying Alex, but I can't believe he is already 4 months old! I can't say I blame you for not posting more. Enjoy every minute you can with the little guy.

Kirsty - I am amazed at your will power at dinner last night! I LOVE cheese, so that is the hardest thing for me to pass up, and although I am not a sweet tooth, I can't turn down a good creme brulee - my fave! So great job!! (although reading about your dinner made my stomach growl!)

Lexxy - I was going to comment on your goal weight, too. Not that it is any of my business, but I agree with Kirsty that 135 is probably not enough for a girl of your height. It would be nearly impossible to maintain, and that would make you much more frustrated than you need to be. We just don't want to see you struggle unnecessarily.

Jess - I think it was you that asked about goal weights yesterday. I made my goal near the top of my weight range so I could stop paying to go to meetings. However, without having to pay, my motivation to continue losing went out the window. I was thinner than I had ever been and had lost 30 pounds to get there, and even though I wanted to lose more, I had no motivation. Now, here I am almost 3 years later finally giving it another shot to get down to where I wanted to be originally (140). But, on the plus side, I learned how to maintain, which in many ways is harder than losing, and did so fairly succesfully for 3 years. So, I would say that it all depends on how capable you are of finding the motivation to lose the last bit of weight. I wasn't very good at that...

And with all this boobie/sore back talk yesterday, I am a bit more appreciative today of my barely-B cuppers!! (I'm with you Tonya!) It sure makes running a bit easier...

Off to get some work done so I can go out for a few drinks at 5:00... (see where my priorities lie?!)

Hi Tonya - we were posting at the same time!
Old 05-02-2002, 10:24 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey All... same old thing on my end, work work work!!! I feel like I am doing rotten, but my body feels like it is doing OK. Weird huh. I have to get in to weigh and see where I am at. The SIL wedding is this weekend and I don't even have a dress picked out yet. This is the one where neither hubby (only brother) nor I were asked to be in the wedding. Actually no family was. It is quite pathetic. I made a dress for Emma for Easter and she will wear that, only I noticed that it has pen ink on it. She must have swiped a pen at Easter and played with it. So now i have to get that out. It is on the white apron part.

Stacey, how rotten on the internet issues. We are allowed on-line at lunch and after work. As long as employees aren't abusing it, there is no problem. We are always so busy here and the non-management employees are in cubbies (we can see what they do) so it hasn't been an issue. We only had one person really abuse it and he is no longer here (for other reasons).

TRISH.... WELCOME BACK! I can remember back to January 2001 when I came back after having Emma. And now she is 18 months. Where does the time go?? Alex will gradually entertain himself more. Emma likes to sit on the treadmill which is next to the computer. She pretends to write on paper while I type, then she tries to types and screws up what I am doing. Just you wait!

Tonya, my university had the KC Chiefs in the summer. College life is interesting. I always thought a university job would be fun!

OK, back to work!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:46 AM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

Morning!

It's 25 til noon so I can still say that. I just rolled into work about 40 minutes ago. I was here until 10 last night, though. I do love that I can basically set my own schedule.

Stacey: That sucks about the Internet police. Some places just don't trust their employees, I guess. I often wonder if "big brother" is looking at all the sites we look at here. Yesterday I was shopping on the Lands End, site, for example. It was after work hours, though.

Speaking of big brother, my newspaper just instituted name badges we have to wear all the time when we're in the building. They're going to be our parking gate keys and building keys, too. We'll have to hold them up to some thingamagig and the powers that be will know who's in the building and when. This is so silly. We're in Roanoke, Virginia, for goodness sake! It's not a huge city, nothing ever happens here. It probably all stems from someone getting a letter here during the anthrax scare that had something in it. The person went on antibiotics as a precaution, it wasn't anthrax, and the paper wouldn't tell us who it was. Anyway, the badges are silly. Off my soapbox now.

BF and I are going camping this weekend! Yay! I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be nice and relaxing and not too hot. It's already 80 degrees here today. I have to call for reservations and I just hope there's something left.

Hi to everyone ... Jen, Tonya, Kirsty, Belle, Stacey, JenK, Trish Ñ good to hear from you! Hi to everyone about to post, too!
Old 05-02-2002, 12:36 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Forgot to mention ... I ordered a bathing suit online yesterday! One of those tankini's from Land's End that claims to have great tummy tucking abilities. I paid $60 for it, but I'm tired of wearing crapping bathing suits that I grab off the shelf without trying them on because I don't want to depress myself. Maybe this one will surprise me and actually look OK.

I'm going to Florida in two weeks. How I look in the suit might very well determine whether I stay at my parent's pool or go to the beach.
Old 05-02-2002, 01:58 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone.

Man, internet police suck. I feel self concious whenever someone walks behind my desk but every now and then I work late and I never get paid for it so a little internet here or there shouldn't to much of a fuss.

I hope the fergie meeting went well - Our leader recently went to a meeting with her and says it was a great event. On a high note, my leader is growing and evolving and is not such an obnoxious stick-in-the-mud anymore. She used to be horrible but she's starting to laugh at the jokes the group tells and enjoy the people instead of just coming to get the meeting over with. My parents went away and got me a funny T-shirt "I'm on a 30 day diet, so far I've lost 15 days" - she didn't get it at all. Then the other day she asked me what that "funny" saying was on my shirt - strange - anyhow - back to a little data entry.

Take care
KT

OH - BTW - I have been doing my measurements - one day I'll resurrect the inch loss thread
Old 05-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #11  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default No Longer Lurking

Good Afternoon everyone!!

Well, I'm finished lurking (that's all I've been doing today and I apologize for that)...

Thanks for everyone's advice about my goal weight. I was kind of thinking that the sooner I stop paying for meetings the better. Besides, 147 or 140 is still lots better than 201.2...

Thank you also for the boob advice. Maybe I just need to look for higher quality bras to work out in. If that doesn't work, we'll cross our fingers that when I reach goal weight, they'll be smaller. And if that doesn't work, I'm going under the knife.

Stacey--Congrats on your 5lb loss! That's wonderful... I'm so thrilled that I'm going to stick in a dancing monkey! Wow a WW meeting with the Duchess of York? That's something that would never happen in my small town, even though it sure would be cool.

Belle--Good luck fighting that ticket!

Trish--Hello! Thanks for stopping in to say hi, I was just thinking to myself last night, "Know who hasn't been in on 3FC in awhile? That Trish..." Good to know you're still out there and doing well!

Kirsty--Ok, can you tell me what exactly a beetroot is?? Is it the same thing as a beet? And what's a mozzarella? I mean, I know it's a kind of cheese--was it just a plate of cheese? I know, I know, we're so uncivilized in Nebraska...

Tonya--Way to go being OP for the last month... I can only imagine how good it feels--I know how good I feel when I'm OP for just a week.

JenK--I'm feeling the same way with my allergies. I'm headachey and just feel crappy. I use Flonase but it doesn't seem to make one bit of difference. If anything, I feel more congested and yucky after using it. I never used to have allergies like this either. I hate feeling like this.

JenL--Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you!! You should post a picture of Emma in her dress, I bet it's just the sweetest little thing!!

Kim--SEcurity here is way increased, too. (I work at a nuclear power plant). It's a pain in the backside, but I feel a little safer. Of course, they're not doing it to see who's here when, they just do it to make sure everyone who's here belongs here.

Soooo, that's responses. My program is down so I can't work on anything right now. I got a lot of boxes moved into my new apartment last night. It's just upstairs from my current one, so at least there's no truck to load, which saves some work. Now all I need is someone to help me with the furniture...

I know it's only 1 1/2 days into the Swimsuit Season challenge, but it's going really well for me... Hopefully I can keep up the good work for at least a week. I've been journaling online and at home. When I journal at home, I've made a little chart where I have the date on one side, each of my goals on the top (water, exercise, veggie for lunch, veggie for dinner, OP) and each day that I accomplish each of those, I give myself a little star. Yesterday was a five-star day, even though I didn't go to the gym--I made enough trips up and down steps and will be doing it again tonight.

OK, well, I'm gonna see if I can't get a little work done. if not, I'll probably be back.

Jess
Old 05-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #12  

Default Hi everyone!

I'm here lurking-so far, so good on the swimsuit challenge....

KT: What a funny T-shirt

Kim: A) you are so lucky to be able to go to work that late! My body is the happiest when I stay up till 1 or 2 am and sleep in till 10. too bad I have to get up at 6:45 for work! The more expensive bathing suit may be a good idea-I invested a few years ago and spent a little more than I would otherwise and was very happy with the result...good luck!!

Jen -L: HI! Have fun at the SIL wedding this weekend....do you guys get along ok???

JKArr-Ask your doctor for a medicine other than allegra-I have found that with my patients some of the medicines work better for different people than others, even though theya re all the same class of medication...also if you are sneezing a lot you may want to get a steroid nasal spray...just a thought!

Tonya-I am so jealous that you have almost managed to get to your personal goal after only one month OP! You inspire me!

Kirsty-Way to go-staying OP while eating out! What is beetroot, BTW?

Trish! Hi to you and Alex-way to go onlosing while breastfeeding!

Hi Belle!

Stacy-5 pounds-way to go!! Say hi to the Duchess!!!

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 05-02-2002, 04:21 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Lori, no we do not get along. She is not a very nice person. She basically hates anyone that doesn't drown her with attention. She hates her brother (my hubby) and hates her mom when she does things with us. Very sad. She is a lot younger than me, I turn 30 (gasp) in 2 weeks and she is, ummm, 23?? I try to be nice, she doesn't. That is where it starts and ends.

OK, the last 2 hours are ticking along slowly.... hooo hummmm.
Old 05-02-2002, 05:03 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lori: At my first newspaper, back in 94-95, I had to be at work at 7 a.m. every day. I got up at 5:30, and to this day, don't know how I did it. I went to bed at 10 p.m., though, and I remember I missed the whole season of ER because I didn't have a VCR. I love it that my schedule is flexible. Of course, when I do go in later, I'll have my police scanner on at home so if breaking news does happen, I have to rush out. I rarely work 8 hour days, no matter when I start. It's usually more like 10 hrs. But I love my job.

I suspect one day when I have kids I'll no longer be able to be a crime reporter, however!

Jen: Sounds like a wedding to grin and bear. Try to enjoy the rest of your family! My own step-sister, who I grew up with, didn't ask me or my sister to be in her wedding, by the way. She had friends, no family.

OK, here's a topic: What's the worst wedding you've ever been to? My offering ... my step-mother's daughter, a different step-sister. It was the most boring wedding EVER. There was no dancing, hardly any laughter and when I clinked my glass with my fork to try and get the bride and groom to kiss, nothing happened. Everyone in the room looked at me like I had two heads. With a wedding like that, you hope at least for alcohol, but nope. BF and I snuck down the bar in the hotel for a drink, and we were sitting outside the ballroom talking with our drinks. If you could have seen the look my step-BIL's Baptist minister gave me!

Last edited by kimobi; 05-02-2002 at 05:08 PM.
Closed Thread