Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #61  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Hey all! Yesterday I overate a bit (1800 cals instead of the alotted 1500) and today I am having a *really* hard time staying on track. I am on the button calorie wise. Making sure to eat at the specified times so my sugar stays stable- but I am getting urges like crazy!

I have a piece of gum and some ice cold water and am just going to power through it. One misstep yesterday is trying to turn into a free-for-all today. Nope. Not gonna happen!

Stay strong all! We can do this.

Day Four for me is half way done.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #62  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Day 1- I'm having 2 teeth pulled today, I won't be able to eat!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #63  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

day 2 for me ...yaaay...it was really easy after long time. i got up and spent almost half the day cleaning and then i went to school and came home to find...a dinning table full of doughnuts, and my favorite onion bread,...which mom brought...it was like heaveeen...but i was able to manage it. i was really hungry so i made myself small dinner and only ate half of the doughnut with nutella but at first i didn't want any of it. so there are still many left but i hope my family will eat them.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #64  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
day 2 for me ...yaaay...it was really easy after long time. i got up and spent almost half the day cleaning and then i went to school and came home to find...a dinning table full of doughnuts, and my favorite onion bread,...which mom brought...it was like heaveeen...but i was able to manage it. i was really hungry so i made myself small dinner and only ate half of the doughnut with nutella but at first i didn't want any of it. so there are still many left but i hope my family will eat them.
yay say no to temptations
tubbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #65  

Height: 4'11"

I feel so discouraged. I overate for the past 4 or 5 days because I was out of town visiting friends. Not full-on binges, but I ate over 1,000 calories/day for what I needed. Maybe more. I went out to eat and ate french fries, I had candy bars on the run, etc. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just meant to be a little overweight. It's so hard to keep fighting it. I just feel kind of down in the dumps right now.

I know it's just a matter of making better choices... I just feel down.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: maintaining at 125-130

^I always overeat when I'm on trips with friends! It's hard enough to avoid binging during normal routines, but then when I'm out of town and with friends, it's all about going out and enjoying the trip, which usually involves food. And long car/bus/plane rides are always excuses for me to buy candy! I usually try not to beat myself up over it and just get home and try to jump back into a healthy routine.

No binging for me today. Didn't count calories and maybe went over (I had pizza and beer for dinner haha) but I think overall I did well, and I didn't binge so I can't complain! Tomorrow will be back to counting and hopefully I can keep going strong through the weekend.
parafilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spingirl9 View Post
Do you feel like you get stronger every day, or does it continue to be a struggle? I'd love to hear that it gets easier.
spingirl ; it has got easier in the way that I am not constantly thinking about food and feeling hungry. But the urge to binge still springs up from nowhere and takes me by surprise. I think that I have become more aware now of what can trigger my binging and how to cope with the urge when it does appear. Visiting this forum daily also reminds me what I am doing and why and this keeps me on track because for the first time ever I have been able to admit that I have a problem and talk about it openly. My binging thrived on secrecy and the guilt and shame felt afterwards only ensured that the binging would continue and I became stuck in a vicious cycle. Personally I dont think my urges to binge will ever go away but I hope that now I have the strength to cope with them and if one day I dont then I will just start at day1 the next day and try again

Day 70. 10 weeks binge free
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM   #68  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 167!

Keep fighting everyone! You're all doing a great job!

I agree with Tamara, it's not so much that it becomes "easy" per say, it simply gets easier to recognize your triggers. I had something very emotional happen to me yesterday and the FIRST thing I wanted to do was go to the local convenience store and stock up on some junk and have myself a first class binge. I recognized those feelings and I acknowledged them. I did not give in to them but I knew they were there. I found something else to do. I called my friend and vented to her about the information that I had found out. Bottom line: I didn't binge.

This forum has been a great help to me. I know that it will continue to be a place that I come everyday for support. I truly don't know where I would be without this forum.

Good luck everybody! We're all in it together!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 4

Vixsin, thank you for kind words. It's so great to be part of this very helpful thread again.

Fruitlady, good luck to you today. Hope you feel better soon.

Good luck, everyone. It's one second, one hour, one day at at time.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Finally dropped that sticky pound! I feel terporarily very good. Wouldn't it be nice, if the scale had nothing to do with my mood.

Two more days on the challenge. Good luck everybody! J.
jojotheyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #71  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojotheyoyo View Post
Finally dropped that sticky pound! I feel terporarily very good. Wouldn't it be nice, if the scale had nothing to do with my mood.

Two more days on the challenge. Good luck everybody! J.
yay!! it finally went away

Starting my day 2
tubbaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #72  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Tyla- thanks! The dentist wasn't as bad as I thought.

Day 2!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 221/152/135

Height: 5'6

154 today! Almost to 153 actually. These last few days have been kind of tough. I keep wanting to binge. I hate it. But I am down 2 pounds from last week. I discovered carbsmart ice cream and diet root beer this last week. It makes for some delicious root beer floats.
Chipmunk_Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 221/152/135

Height: 5'6

Oh and five weeks binge free! lol.
Chipmunk_Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #75  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

Chipmunk Cheeks- The root beer floats are a great idea, I always wanted to try carb smart ice cream. Also, I love your name, my husband called me that when we first met.