Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default It's been a bad 2 months

I was so good, exercising and getting my 10,000 steps everyday. I got back down to 170 was happy and healthy....then stress hit. Work demands increased, a close family member got sick and then recently died, planning vacation for a big group and I fell back into my mindless eating days. Of anything I could get my hands on. I thought by not buying the junk I wouldn't over indulge. That didn't work- I still found things to over eat and I remember once as I was eating some old crackers I found in the back of the pantry thinking "Why I am doing this? I'm not hungry. This doesn't taste good. " But I continued to eat the box of crackers.

I go through phases where I concentrate on my eating and activities and do good then stress hits and I'm stuff down all my feelings and emotions with food so I don't have to deal with them.

So, I'm working on getting control of my eating again and getting back into eating properly, but have decided that I may need outside help on this matter. Is there some sort of therapy to get into for this type of mentality?

What's the first steps in finding a theapist? How do I find one that understands eating and food issues? I have Kaiser insurance so I may be stuck with who ever they have.

Sarah

Last edited by sarahyu; 12-01-2010 at 09:24 AM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #2  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

sorry to hear about your struggle...hope things are getting better

i would make sure that your insurance covers mental health, as it can get expensive if you're paying out of pocket. also, many psychologists, private practice social workers, and psychiatrists usually have profiles, so if you did a search on their name, it might come up, and you can look at their specialties (relationships, eating disorders, anxiety disorders, etc).
another route you might take is asking friends about their therapists and where they go for therapy- they could ask their therapists who they recommend for eating disorders/issues.

if your insurance does not cover mental health, search for sliding scale mental health agencies that charge you based on income.

hope this helps
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote