Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Struggling for Day 2!!!! All afternoon I was tempted to go to the caf/candy store in the hospital and go to town! But I resisted! I just got back from Zumba and am really hoping to stick to my plan!!! I have a job interview the monday after thanksgiving and I tried my suit on and it is a little snug! I need that thing to fit well so I don't feel gross and awkward!

Happy- so sorry to hear about the breakup. And WTG with Day 95! I wish to be there in 93 days!!

i76- 6 weeks.. I am also trying to eat clean until then.. but I am nervous about thanksgiving weekend! ahhhh!

Sarah- I also had a bad few days with bingeing. But I am beyond tired of eating well a few days, then bingeing, repeat. This will end now!

paris and tyla- Congrats! That is a lot of days in a row binge free!!! how do you do it? Any tips would be appreciated!

cherylmn- congrats on the weekend! I looove waking up monday knowing I had a successful weekend because that doesn't happen that much!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: (HW: 170) 115/115/100

Height: 5'0

I have finally gotten through Day 1! (well unless I binge now which I definitely won't do, and I'm gonna do some homework and goto bed soon anyways) It was tough but I decided to forgive myself for the awful past few days and move on. can't wait for day 2 tomorrow!
mk1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Day 3 but feeling like I'm living on the edge. Even though my total calories are okay, I haven't been eating well and I feel unhealthy as a result. Need to get back on track with good food, not empty calories.

Happytobeamom - I'm still friends with my exes but the path to get there was different each time. One was a very messy, very long break-up with multiple attempts to get back together. In that case, it took a six month cooling off period before we could be just friends. In the second case, we both knew we were done and we slipped very easily into friendship. Try being friends and see if you feel comfortable. If you feel like it hurts him to see you, if you're uncomfortable, if you're tempted to take him back even though you know it's wrong, take a breather. Trust your feelings - you'll know if you're doing the right thing.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:02 AM   #19  

Height: 5'7

JessieCat: congrats on resisting temptation. Well done . Keep going strong.

mk1014: I think the first days are always the hardest to get through. I really hope you made it through day one. It's also good that you forgave yourself. I think once you binge there is nothing else to do than to start over and go even stronger this time. So go for it! I'm rooting for ya

NoMakeSense: Yeah. I know how it is. Somedays are like that unfortunately. But, there's always tomorrow Don't give up.

I am on day 3. Feeling very good and very happy. It's my official weigh in today and I lost another 4,4 pounds . That's 8,8 pounds in two weeks! I don't understand why it goes so fast because I eat right and exercise. Of course, I don't mind. hehe. YIPPEE!!!

Good luck today! Stay strong everyone! You can do this!
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:13 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

welcome to tues!

i AM earning day 96 today.... i am more tired today than yesterday but that is my pattern when i miss a lot of sleep one day, it takes me two days before i really feel it...so i will be extra vigilant today! fish is already in the oven for dinner tonight, so it cauliflower so i know i will just add either couscous or a ww bun and dinner is done... no binging possible there... and i am spending 11am-5pm with coworkers so that is safe too...

thank you for the friends-with-ex advice! last night was awkward but not horrible so i think he really wants to keep me in his life, in some way, so friends is what it will be... for now.... it is worth a try...

of course, i am still wondering what it is i am exactly looking for since this guy has just about everything i "thought" i wanted but i am just not that attracted to him (lacking chemistry big time...) i mean, geez, he even has a sexy british accent!

oh well, i guess i will know it when i find it???

thank you soooo much, all of you, for listening to me vent yesterday... it means so much to know you are there for me...

it is lovely to read posts about day 1 being completed... moving forward... those first few days are super hard... the cravings are still there... but i can tell you that seeing yourself sooo close to 100 makes it worth the struggle...

lets stay strong and make it to 1, 10 or 100 together!
hugs to everyone!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone.

I am here on Day 1.

I guess I don't have textbook BED because I have never reached the 2x/week for 6 months rate. I tend to binge maybe once a month, for a few days. These last few days have been the worst, though. Friday, Saturday and Monday -- the classic "eating until sick and then eating some more." I am feeling shaky today (literally, b/c of too many carbs last night).

I have planned and entered my food for today, a little protein-heavy, which usually helps me get back on track. I am also expecting TOM any minute now and hoping that I can get off the hormonal roller coaster and get some relief.

Happy2be, I am sorry to hear about your breakup. IME, if one party is still interested, the friend thing is usually easier after you take some time apart. It is usually too hard for the interested party to get over and move on if there is too much contact, YKWIM? Did you ever get a diagnosis for the swelling problem you were having (yes, I confess, I lurk here a lot during tough times). I am asking because I am having a terrible rash outbreak with some swelling and I have no idea what to do. I am going to the MD on Monday but I bet I won't get any answers there...
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/186/120

Height: 5'2"

I am joining you ladies on Day 1 today. I need to get back in control because I have gained 15 lbs since my Grandfather died this summer and have not been able to control the binging for longer than 3 days in a row. I am hoping by posting here I can get through the first week.
Sarahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #23  

I am going to earn Day 3 today! But OMG in the drive in this morning I was thinking about giving in to the tempting treats in the candy store. OMG it is so hard! But i started the day with a work out which helps me get into a healthy mindset. But wow I am struggling and will be all day again.

sarahlynn- so sorry to hear about your grandfather!

Hang in there girls! We WILL do it!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #24  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Girls!

Day 36 and going strong! I love the feeling of control! Welcome to everyone joining us. We are glad you're here! This is a great place.

Make today count!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

thesame7lbs - they think it was a stone that blocked a bile duct and then inflammed my kidneys/liver so even though i was peeing a lot (as i drink a ton of water) i wasnt secreting toxins properly... thankfully i havent had a relapse! thank you for the advice on the bf/friend issue.... i think i need a few days apart for sure... and maybe longer?!?! i remember one post-binge shakes i had...it was awful... felt like i was hung over it hurt so much! from sugar... amazing!!!

sarahlynn - i am still morning my grandfathers passing from several years ago... you can do this! you can break the cycle and start your path back to being healthy... we are here for you!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #26  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all - sorry not much time to respond to all of your posts. Welcome to all of the new members!! And to those of you hanging tough - even by just a string - CONGRATULATIONS! You are doing this!!

I'm hanging on - no bingeing, just good old fashioned over-eating. Picking here & there, which is adding up to an extra 400-500 calories every stinkin' day. Never a lot at once, and never frantically like my typical binge, but it is definitely emotional eating & will add up to pounds unless I get on top of it.

I have to run, but will check back later. Go have a wonderful day today!! You are all awesome people & deserve to treat yourself (mind & body) with respect. Let's get back to thinking of food as an enjoyable way to fuel this amazing body we've been given. Too much or too little, and we just don't run as optimally as we can.

to you all!
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 281!

JESSIE CAT, you asked for tips. This is what I posted to you on last week's thread, but it still applies. Hope my ideas work for you. At least, they do for me.lol And I hope you see this.

This is from last week:
JESSIECAT, congrats to you for doing well. You asked how I'm staying strong. (I know people are probable sick of me saying what I do, but here goes.) It's not always easy, but when I get tempted to start overeating, and I do under stress or some other emotion, I have to stop and ask myself questions. I ask myself what's really bothering me? When I want to eat, I know something's bothering me. It takes me a while to figure it out. It doesn't always come to me instantly, but then I do figure it out. It could be financial, someone saying harsh words to me, a bad day at work, boredom, loneliness, things didn't go as I planned, I was discouraged, overwhelmed, whatever. Then I have to distract myself. I either exercise, get out of the house, do something nice for myself, look and enjoy nature, pray or come here and post. It's funny, but cravings do pass. Today I was very tired and tempted. And I know that temptation can lead to a binge. I don't want to go there anymore. So I bought coffee and now I can go on. Best of luck to you!

FRUITLADY, congrats on doing so well and resisting chocolate!

Good luck, Everyone!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-16-2010 at 11:33 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #28  

tyla- thanks! I think I do remember your posting that! Thanks again and sorry for the repeat question!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

i76 - Thank you so much for the words of encouragement - it feels hopeless sometimes - like I'm inevitably going to binge until something clicks - and it feels like it hasn't yet - I've tried super structured, I've tried eating as much as I burn, I've tried Geneen Roth & intuitive eating - Right now I'm back to super structured healthy food - On the weekends when I have a few drinks I can eat everything in sight so for now I'm trying limited food in my apartment on the weekends so that I can't eat and eat and eat - I find I'm happier when I'm sticking to a strict plan but unhappier because I think about food all the time.

Fruitlady - I understand about chocolate, no matter how much I eat I can never get enough.

Today is day 5 for me - I feel like I've been down for over a week now - but I guess I just gotta go with it - I'm tired and will probably fall asleep watching When Harry Met Sally. I'm just kind of tired being here in France and am ready to go home (leave in 3.5 weeks). The weather has been SO crappy so that doesn't help at all... just taking it 1 day at a time - Right now it's easier cause my body is stocked up from overeating, but when I start to get to a certain point I feel like I'm hungry all the time and that makes binging easier...

Good luck ladies - I've almost made it through day 5.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: (HW: 170) 115/115/100

Height: 5'0

Talking

Yaayy, Day 2! I ate more than I've planned to but not by much and definitely not a binge!
I agree the first few days are the hardest but time will eventually pass :P
and congrats to everyone here for all your progress! keep it up
mk1014 is offline   Reply With Quote