Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Unhappy hello

And here I am yet again. I haven't been away because I overcame my battle with bingeing, no. I've been seeing a therapist since last February but over the last few months that's declined to a couple appointments here and there due to my school schedule. I felt myself fall down the slope once again. Been in a mild state of depression the last few weeks and I wish how it would just go away. Anyways I think I'm going to try stick around this website for awhile and try to give myself some motivation. Hope you all are well.

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back and good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #3  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! I just started into therapy in the past month. I know what you mean about just wanting it to go away...me, too!

This is a wonderful & supportive group. Looking forward to hearing from you.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I can relate to you 150%.

Welcome back!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Good for you for getting help! Did the therapist give you some tools to help yourself when you get feeling so down? I know for me, it's important to keep positive, which is extremely difficult when you feel you're losing control. In fact, for the past three years I have felt out-of-control.
Last week I started trying to change my lifestyle again. My first week was not successful, and I had many setbacks. Today is a new day, though, and I'm keeping at it. I know that when I binge, I do not feel better, in fact worse. I want to respect myself just as I would respect others in my life, and eating healthfully is one way to do just that.
Hang in there, and practice the positives !
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Yes the therapist and group therapy did teach me some skills. They practice this Buddhist way of thinking and they practice mindfulness. But as my appointments grew few and far between I stopped practicing my skills myself and I basically came back to point 0, meaning, I just don't give a crap about anything...my life, my weight, what I eat ect. And I don't want to practice or use the skills. It's like I just throw my hands up in the air and say: whatever, I just don't care anymore. I haven't felt this consistently "low" about my life in a long time. Last time was probably when I was going through an extremely hard break up which was almost 5 years ago.I keep waiting for me to snap out of it but it's not happening. Hopefully something changes soon...

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Hey D~
I am new to this site, and I find it so hard to remember where I have posted. I just found your post again, and your reply to what I posted. You sound very down, and I sure hope you're feeling a little better today.
I know what you mean about not caring anymore - boy, I was getting really bad. This is a suggestion, maybe not a great one, but here goes; put on your most flattering outfit today, and take a little more time than usual on your hair and makeup! On days I know I look good, I think I do better for myself.
Also, try to give yourself the time to practice the skills you were given in therapy - you know they work. Hard as it may be to motivate yourself to do them, you will feel better in the end. I am struggling with getting my weight training exercises in, but I know I need them to feel better (I have back issues), and to look better (I don't believe cardio alone improves my body like weight training). I haven't found the motivation to do it. If you practice some of your skills, I'll practice some of mine - and that's a promise
You are beautiful, embrace it and give yourself the love you deserve
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #8  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

:hugs: I hope life gets better for you soon. I'm sure we all can relate to how you're feeling right now, I know I've been there.
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #9  

W all slip when we are on a diet. What's important is that you made a decision to bounce back and try again. I hope you get the strength to go through with it for the long run. You've got a support system right here.

what is the best way to lose weight quickly
galewinters11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:35 AM   #10  

Height: 5ft3

I know exactly what you mean - I lost both parents last year -then my husband did a runner - more than twelve months on and I still cannot pick myself up for very long- I always used to be able to control the binge eating until now - I know that I have got a lot of work to do on my self esteem and have some me time

I really think that this site is gonna help me and am happy to be here
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote