Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-11-2010, 03:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/173/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Food and food choices out of control - advise needed

I have been posting in a few forums and they help, but I really feel like I am out of control with my food. I wanted to look here for inspiration and support. I eat next to nothing healthy. I live off fast food, snack food, sugar etc. I am actually surprised I don't weigh more (173 at 5'3") because nothing is healthy and I can not seem to stop.

Yesterday I snacked all day on a half loaf of frenchbread and spinach dip. Taco bell for lunch and a bowl of cheesy potatoes with two chicken taquitos for dinner. I also had a kitKat, a starbucks doubleshot vanilla, and a coke!) I looked at all the calories and its anywhere from 2100-2500 so it is not the most terrible but everything is so unhealthy. The worst part is: this is a typical to good day for me. I don't eat a lot at one sitting but I eat all day long.

I am not sure how to break this cycle. I try to eat healthier but it never lasts more then a day or two then I am back to the crap. I am lost on how to continue. If anyone has beat this I could use some advise. Thanks!
halfbakedlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

It sounds to me like you can do it, but you may just need to take a longer amount of time to transition to healthy eating. It can be so friggin hard to make that U-turn from the bad stuff to the healthy stuff, but it does get easier every day that you do it. I reccomend that you get really in depth with yourself and figure out what your 'non-negotiables' are. Those are the foods that you will absolutely NOT cut out, but they are not the foods that you feel "meh" about. The ones you love. If you figure out what foods you definitely love and need to eat and parcel them out at each meal, then you can start to fill in the gaps with healthier stuff. Cold turkey is hard, so warm it up a little bit until you really get into the healthy eating. ;-)

I am kind of the same way in that I don't eat huge amounts every time I eat, but I graze sort of frequently, so something that has helped with that is to get more precise about my eating schedule. I eat a small meal/snack every 2-3 hours. It keeps me from getting ravenous, keeps my metabolism pumping, but it also helps me keep food in check. Break down how many cals for each 'meal' or 'snack session' and try to stick to it. It will definitely help you get a handle on the all-day snackfest.

Good luck darlin, if you have the will, you have the way. Come back often for support, you will always find it here!!
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote