Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Binged for a week... and lost weight?!

OKay so this may sound insane.. and several days ago I posted about binging and then gaining weight. Well, the weight gain stopped.

For the past week I have not been watching what I was eating, I pretty much stopped exercising and just snacked for comfort because of stress.

Yesterday and today I weighed myself and just stared at the scale... I actually LOST weight?!?!?!

Of course now I'm less motivated to diet and exercise again because who wants to do that when you lose weight eating whatever the heck you want?

Can someone tell me medically why this happened and scare me to death so I go back on me diet? I know if I continue consuming all of these calories I'll probably gain 10 pounds suddenly in a week. lol
thepapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/135/120

Height: 5'2"

Could be because the past 30+ pounds you've lost are the result of healthy diet and exercise and you have experienced something a friend of mine calls residual weight loss. It's sort of like a leftover benefit from previous time frame of healthy living. The good news is that your body is now metabolizing calories more efficiently. She is big advocate on having several cheat days every 20 to 30 pounds. I guess it worked for her? Now that's the good news.

Bad News: Yes you will gain the weight back if u continue. Just like your body is getting in shape it can get right back out of shape. Instead count your blessings and pick up where u left off. I'm not a med professional and neither is she :-)
applelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

That's the basic premise behind the Cheat To Lose diet...a book I read and am about to start following...it has something to do with hormones and blah blah blah...read the book. You eat according to diets parameters and then eat what ever you want all day once a week. But if you just binge all week every week, trust...the weight will definitely come back! Eating healthy and exercising should be the norm...cheating should be the exception...just a fairly regular exception...lol
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

It could be residual weight loss, or it could be that your body was yearning for a few higher calorie days. However, the other posters are right...keep doing it and you will end up gaining, so let that be your motivation to get back on track.
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

You may have diabetes. Are you constantly thirsty?

Either way, you will eventually gain weight if you keep overeating.

Last edited by tyla; 08-03-2010 at 12:33 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/135/125

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone! I started back on my calorie counting today. Of course I soooo wanted to cheat, but did not! I will now cheat every once in awhile, as it was FUN and it wasn't harmful (yet lol).

Tyla, nope, don't have diabetes
thepapillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/263/170

Height: 5'10

Default reason maybe?

maybe u lost weight from your body burning calories to digest all that food.?or maybe you just lost muscle from not exercising? hope u get back to your diet.dont fall off.consider it a gift
chubychika is offline   Reply With Quote