Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #1  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

Default feel a binge coming on...

so i've been pretty good about not bingeing while i'm on my program. it's happened twice since i statrted in early april, which is such an improvement for me, considering i was doing it a couple of times a week before.
but now, i'm getting the urge, and i don't want to give in...and we all know thats so hard...
so the million dollar question- do some of you feel this urge? like you know its coming? and if so, what helps you resist?
ugh i want to eatttttttttttttt
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

Well I'm so use to eating smaller portions and less heavy foods now, that over this weekend when I went out to eat and have a "cheat meal" I could only finish the side salad and one chicken strip and a handful of fries! I was all ready in my mind to eat the dinner like I hadn't eaten in a week...but then my stomach put it's foot down. hah So I have the urge but the way I've been dieting, I can't seem to ever successfully binge. I'm lucky in this regard.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #3  
trying to impress myself

that's great! i don't think i have that level of control, even if i feel full, i'll still keep going.
i'm ok with eating a little something i shouldn't, i got that part down pat. i'll have it, enjoy it, and get right back on the wagon. but i'm feeling that full on binge.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

well I have the same problem. I've lost quite a few pounds and I stil have about 18 pounds to go. But lately my problem is binging, last weekend I was home alone and I had some cookies, candies etc that were laying there quite a while cause I was able to controle myself, but now that I've reached my mini goal I felt like I can afford a little plus I was so stressed because of exams. So I made myself some tea, and decided to have one cookie, but instead I ate whole box (about 800 kcl), then I found another box (about 2000kcl)and a chocolate box (about 400kcl) and then my stomach hurt so much. this was the first time I did it like that and also the worst, I tried to make myself vomit but couldn't. The next day I decided to go on normally, but no, instead of studying I went straight to the rest of my stash of chocolate, nuts, this time bread and butter were on the menu also. I felt so horrible. This happens once a while, but this used to didn't happen, it started after I started loosing weight. it drives me crazy and ususally happens when i'm home alone, and now i have decided not to buy anymore candies. and now before every meal i'm affraid that I won't be able to stop eating. Like right now, before I had dinner I wasn't so hungry and when I started eating I had to resist so hard not to eat the whole fridge. i constantly think how can other people eat everything and still be slim, i feel like I'm left out, when I see how much my family eats. it's so hard to control, cause my eyes are hungry and i'm not. I really need some advice cause I feel like it's only gonna be worse. and i+m so scared that after I reach my goal I'll go straight back, cause the situation is like this now, every week I try to loose 1-2 pounds, and it works, but every two or three weeks i gain back double, so i'm spinning in circle. I haven't lost motivation but i am sorry for even starting with losing weight. I simply don't know what to do. I have become overeater during my diet, well i can't say diet cause i eat everything, whenever i want, how much i want. but less than before. but now the problem is that i just can't stop.
I'm sorry for such a long and probably unappropriate post, but I just had to let it out.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

It depends. But my go to is watermelon or cantaloupe if the binge is me feeling the yen to feel STUFFED. I can eat a whole lot of melon and feel physically stuffed without it costing me a lot of calories.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-20-2010 at 03:54 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Fillupthesky, what I've discovered when I want to blow it, is that it's all about emotions. Either I'm bothered by something or someone said something harsh or things didn't go well or I'm thinking about the past or I'm lonely, bored, frustrated, stressed, didn't have enough sleep, got on the scale and didn't lose weight, the list goes on and on. All I know is if I let myself overeat, I'll gain. Plus I know that it will be hard to get my motivation and momentum back.

Why do you think you have the urge today? Go do something fun for yourself. Get away from the eating area. Drink water. Connect with peope. Do whatever it takes. That's what I do. I also go for a walk to feel better.

You've worked too hard the last 2 weeks to ruin all your efforts. I hope this helps. I wish the best for you!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Missunshine, That's wonderful that you dropped all of that weight. Exams can make a person stressed, so don't be too hard on yourself. Right now you must plan a healthy menu for your next meal, and stick with it. In between studying, go for a fast walk. That will get rid of the stress. The reason why you want to keep on eating unhealthy foods is that high calorie foods are addictive and they make you gain weight. What your family is doing to themselves is very bad for them. They can get heart disease or diabetes. You don't want to go there. You're doing so much better than they are. Be proud of yourself! You've accomplished a lot!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 05-20-2010 at 05:14 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #8  
trying to impress myself

thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions...

@ missunshine- you might have the urge to binge because you might be depriving yourself too much. i tend to do that as well. one of the reasons i've been able to minimize my binges is because i've found lower cal substitutes for my fave foods, or if i feel like having a piece of something i shouldn't, i have it and forget about it, and get back on track (this is not easy, but it gets easier). also, i don't keep junk in the house. so if i really want something, i need to physically go out and get it. most people who binge do it alone...i'm worried that you want to throw up after...its better to just deal with the binge and try to refocus.

@ tyla- i've been working hard for about a month and a half, and i've binged twice in that time period. and i've been fighting the urge for a few days now, and i'm not sure where its coming from...i'm pretty self aware of my feelings and such. actually, things are getting better in my life in general- i've lost some weight, FINALLY got a job, i have a great boyfriend. i am bored a lot, but i find ways to keep myself busy. i just plain old want to eat with no restrictions. thats it...i'm a free spirit, and i hate rules and regulations, but i also understand that this is essential for weight loss and overall health. i will have restrict and control myself. quite frankly, i hate it..lol. but i do feel better, now that i've implemented a change in my diet and exercise plan.
like i said before, if i really want something i'm not supposed to have, or i have a bad meal (not a binge) it's been easier for me to move on. in the past, i lost 80lbs (and gained it all back!) and NEVER let myself deviate. so this works for me now...a little more control, but its ok if i slide once in a blue.
the binge thing is totally separate. like i just want to do it.

i hope this all makes sense, i know its a little scattered...

thanks for hearing me out, all of you here give me a lot to think about and give me a fresh perspective