Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge-free challenge ~ May 3 - 9

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm in! Starting day 8 today :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Sign me up! I'm on Day 40 today! I'm going to have a really tough week though. Wednesday through Sunday I'm visiting a friend in Florida and while I'm super excited about the trip, I'm also super nervous about if I'll be able to control my binging and still enjoy myself. I know there will be loads of junk food and drinking. I want to have fun, but I don't want to blow my progress and have a major set back! I think I'm going to have to spend some serious time coming up with a plan. Let me know if you all have any ideas!

Have a good day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/253/135

Height: 5'6"

I've been lurking for awhile and would love to join in. I have a question though, what do you consider a binge? I ate about 100 calories over my li
it at dinner last night, would that be considered a binge? I felt bad afterward, but I just miscalculated portion size. If this wasn't a binge, today I will be starting day 7! Yay!
Jenn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #5  

Hi Jenn welcome to the thread! Everyone has their own definition of what a binge is but the most common one I've seen has to do with the loss of any type of control over what you're eating and then feeling immense guilt/shame afterwards. I wouldn't consider going 100 calories over your limit a binge unless you didn't feel in control at the time of eating it..basically just shoving food in your mouth for no reason. But regardless..you'll find alot of inspirational women on here who have come a long way and who have shared their stories....so if anything stick around and see how some of us deal with our BED day in and day out! :-)
And foxxy 40 days is amazing!!!! And yes plan plan plan plan. The other thing I would suggest to you is....don't be too hard on yourself. You will be on a mini-vacation and the last thing you want to do is restrict yourself constantly. Try to thoroughly enjoy everything, obviously without stuffing yourself, but if you constantly feel bad about eating a little junk food or going over your calorie limit....it might backfire and you don't want THAT happening! :-p I'm sure you will come up with something though to help you through it :-)

~D~
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. I've struggled with some days and the See's candies in my freezer . I did, however, successfully NOT binge on the entire box of chocolates. I almost did one night, but stopped after 4 pieces.

So today, I am working on Day 9
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I'm on Day 15. I've been sick, which has been hard, but not on the binge front.

In the past, I would binge when sick (more on bakery, while usually, I'd binge on salty foods), so I did have to think about how normally I'd be stocking up on soft and delicious cookies and resist that. But it wasn't hard as a regular day binge urge, which was good to experiance. It was more stopping myself from doing something that was a habit.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 84! Wow, there's been a lot going on like bar-b-ques, but this site is too important to me to want to blow it. I do appreciate this thread!

Foxxy, great job on day 40!

Paris, congrats on day 15!

Duq, congrats on day 8

Mamasita, congrats on day 9!

Jenn, welcome!

Let's stay strong!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

I may have overeaten by about 100 cal yest, but I didn't B.

Today is day 2.

(Saturday was awful, but it's over and done with)
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

63 days binge-free for me...
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/170/145

Height: 5'3

day 27 with a HUUGGGGGEEE nsv this weekend...

75 LBS LOST!!!!
chels38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

I'm back to day 1 again, but we have dinner plans tonight so it will be an 'over-plan' day at best.

Yesterday's binge was kind of an unexpected, in response to stress.
Usually I know when I'm on the verge of binging because I resist for several days and then just cave....this time I had only 1 good day in between: binge days are not usually this close together for me so I feel totally out of control.

So my goal is to do well at least Wednesday through Friday.

I know my triggers have been exacerbated bc we have family staying w/ us and cooking for us, so I feel out of control in general and this has just triggered more binges (in addition to my regular turning to food for comfort problem anyway).
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 16 here!

Tyla-It's great that this thread is so helpful to you! Congrats on being so far along!

lukesmom--wowow! Day 63, that's amazing!

chels--way to go with 75 lbs lost! And day 27--almost a month! You look great in your pic!

Dogmom--good luck with day 1, you can make it! That's difficult to have family with you--maybe you can remove yourself from the situation, go somewhere alone for a bit. De-stress!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 85! Almost 3 months of no nonsense eating!

Paris, thanks, and all the best to you!

Let's all stay strong.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #15  

Not sure if today is day 1 or 9 Wound up snacking on the cereal last night while I was studying. But I did it in a controlled way, with pouring my portions into a bowl ect. Yet I knew I was overeating because I was full. I was in such a groove though....I don't know why but having my hands busy (ie reaching for the cereal in the bowl) helps me focus better while I'm studying. Have NO idea why. I'm not one of those ppl who writes out all their notes while studying, I read things over and over...which leads to me either falling alseep or eating mindlessly. I knew what I was doing, had no sense of loss of control, and made it a point NOT to feel badly about it afterwards because I ENOUGH to stress me out this week with finals. So I don't know....I'll see what my therapists take is on it today when I see her lol

~D~